The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Why is it when big clubs lose big players, there's always the mistaken assumption of "we don't need him anyway". Arteta is still prone to injuries, and if he gets hurt what then? The injury record at the club is grim.

But it wasn't one or two mistakes. Giving the ball away, staying too far forward, anyhow we don't need him much now since we've got the midfield of Arteta, Cazorla and potential DM/Sahin

You do know that Sahin will only be on loan... That you have very little chance of signing him permanently. That hole left by Song remains

And I agree with fuelledbypassion, Song was a very good player for Arsenal and his loss is a bitter blow. There are no 2 ways about it. Barcelona would never have been interested in him unless he was a top player which he was and I can only see him getting better at Barcelona

You do know that Sahin will only be on loan... That you have very little chance of signing him permanently. That hole left by Song remains

And I agree with fuelledbypassion, Song was a very good player for Arsenal and his loss is a bitter blow. There are no 2 ways about it. Barcelona would never have been interested in him unless he was a top player which he was and I can only see him getting better at Barcelona

I'd be more concerned about Arsenal becoming a feeder club for Barca with their best players lol. First Cesc, then Song. Going to be interesting to see how they adjust. Just annoyed the RVP transfer didn't go through until after the match on Monday lol

I'd put a good amount of money on Arsenal ending up signing Biglia, which would be a downgrade imo. There's no downplaying how important Song was last season.

Why is it when big clubs lose big players, there's always the mistaken assumption of "we don't need him anyway". Arteta is still prone to injuries, and if he gets hurt what then? The injury record at the club is grim.

Sorry man i've never been a big fan of Song. If Arteta gets injured, we've got Rosicky, Wilshere to come back, Diaby, AOC can play there and Arshavin can play there too

Once again, it's not even been agreed yet it may be loan to buy or he may even go to Liverpool. If we sign a DM, the hole left by Song is gone :P

I'd put a good amount of money on Arsenal ending up signing Biglia, which would be a downgrade imo. There's no downplaying how important Song was last season.

But someone said you don't need him anymore cause you have Arteta ;)

Thing is I don't see why they can't get buy a couple of real quality players. It's a financially sound club so surely it wouldn't cause any problems? Though I do wonder why the interest in Fellaini has cooled. Can play DM and can be an attacking option too. Obviously wouldn't be a striker, but can wreak havoc at times

Sorry man i've never been a big fan of Song. If Arteta gets injured, we've got Rosicky, Wilshere to come back, Diaby, AOC can play there and Arshavin can play there too

Once again, it's not even been agreed yet it may be loan to buy or he may even go to Liverpool. If we sign a DM, the hole left by Song is gone :P

Looks like you are signing Biglia who would be a massive downgrade. M'Villa does not look likely... if Wenger wanted him, he would have gotten him already. Capoue would be a downgrade on Song as well.

And Wilshere is yet to come back. Whats to say he will still be the same player after more than a year out? I certainly hope so but its not certain

Arshavin seriously? This is a guy who was **** for Arsenal last season and got sent out on loan. He has the talent but he needs to show it

But someone said you don't need him anymore cause you have Arteta ;)

Thing is I don't see why they can't get buy a couple of real quality players. It's a financially sound club so surely it wouldn't cause any problems? Though I do wonder why the interest in Fellaini has cooled. Can play DM and can be an attacking option too. Obviously wouldn't be a striker, but can wreak havoc at times

It's all about turning in a profit at Arsenal. There was simply no way we were going to sign Podolski, Cazorla, and Giroud for some 40m and not sell anyone. Very annoying business model at times like these.

It's all about turning in a profit at Arsenal. There was simply no way we were going to sign Podolski, Cazorla, and Giroud for some 40m and not sell anyone. Very annoying business model at times like these.

Well, as good as they've done financially, it really is time to turn out some success on the pitch and aim higher than 4th all the time. There's a real danger now of the Premiership becoming a two horse race for a while between City and Utd and that would just ruin it for me (unless Chelsea can reverse the gulf of last season). I can see why they'd play cautious at times but still, they can get even more money by being more successful. The board really do need to shake things up. Time to get rid of the fear of spending good money for class

I don't think its your business model ... Its just that RVP wanted to leave and you brought in Giroud as a replacement. But by selling RVP to Man Utd, it seems you pushed Song over the edge. Prompted him to force a move through. Can't blame him either.

I am interested to see what the likes of Walcott think. He was heavily rumoured to leave when RVP announced he was not signing a new contract.

Looks like you are signing Biglia who would be a massive downgrade. M'Villa does not look likely... if Wenger wanted him, he would have gotten him already. Capoue would be a downgrade on Song as well.

And Wilshere is yet to come back. Whats to say he will still be the same player after more than a year out? I certainly hope so but its not certain

Arshavin seriously? This is a guy who was **** for Arsenal last season and got sent out on loan. He has the talent but he needs to show it

Yeah Arshavin was **** last season but was better in the Euros and he also looked good today.

How come Walcott isn't a key player for us then? He also made a good contribution in assists last season

I don't think its your business model ... Its just that RVP wanted to leave and you brought in Giroud as a replacement. But by selling RVP to Man Utd, it seems you pushed Song over the edge. Prompted him to force a move through. Can't blame him either.

I am interested to see what the likes of Walcott think. He was heavily rumoured to leave when RVP announced he was not signing a new contract.

Wenger confirmed in his media interview afterwards on SSN that Walcott turned down the contract offer, but they are still in talks.

Yeah Arshavin was **** last season but was better in the Euros and he also looked good today.

How come Walcott isn't a key player for us then? He also made a good contribution in assists last season

I didn't mention Walcott because I rate him... not very highly but he is a good player who gets more stick than he deserves

Wenger confirmed in his media interview afterwards on SSN that Walcott turned down the contract offer, but they are still in talks.

Can see why Walcott would want to do that when Arsenal basically showed their ambition to the world by selling their best player to their biggest rivals. And now another key player to a top club which most fans don't like

Although the real stinker for Walcott is that there probably are not many better clubs than Arsenal who would want him for the price he may cost.

I didn't mention Walcott because I rate him... not very highly but he is a good player who gets more stick than he deserves

You're kidding me right? Please tell me you watched him today, that is the guy demanding 100k a week

You're kidding me right? Please tell me you watched him today, that is the guy demanding 100k a week

I did and he was erratic in the final third. He is still a good player who offers Wenger a direct option from the wings... Otherwise a he would not kept around Arsenal

Where did you hear he was demanding 100k p/w. Seems to me like he just wants to leave due to the RVP/Song transfers

I did and he was erratic in the final third. He is still a good player who offers Wenger a direct option from the wings... Otherwise a he would not kept around Arsenal

Where did you hear he was demanding 100k p/w. Seems to me like he just wants to leave due to the RVP/Song transfers

Walcott should be used as an impact sub at best

Song and RVP were still at the club when contract talks started with Walcott so how could that be the reason?

Walcott should be used as an impact sub at best

Song and RVP were still at the club when contract talks started with Walcott so how could that be the reason?

Well Song/RVP's departure may have had a negative impact on Walcott's ongoing contract talks with Arsenal

Back