The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Walcott is a good player, not great, but good enough to start for most teams in the League.

You're making out he was useless today but his run and pass in the box should have led to a goal, if not for Podolski's unfortunate miss.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet on this thread, but it's news to me anyway:

Laudrup brings in Bartley

I thought he was highly rated? I remember Joss talking him up a lot over the last few seasons...could it be a mistake to let him leave?

Walcott is a good player, not great, but good enough to start for most teams in the League.

You're making out he was useless today but his run and pass in the box should have led to a goal, if not for Podolski's unfortunate miss.

He does the occasional good thing but Gervinho looks much better than him andAOC(i know he was injured today) looks miles ahead of him. He's got pace but often makes the wrong decision which lets us down a lot. Good enough to start for most teams but wouldn't start for any other team in the top 6 last season

And why would teams wait this long if they wanted to sign a player on the last year of his contract and clearly it would be a bad idea since the season has started already

Maybe if rules where put in place rather then the clubs with a superior amount money bullying the rules, times might be different. lets just remember this and how if it had been put in place how it may be different.

Financial fair play ? UEFA.com

having said that if its not going to be put in place why follow it because surely money put towards wages and transfers expenses may lead to more success would surely lead to more money in terms of marketing and seeing the club brand grow.

Maybe if rules where put in place rather then the clubs with a superior amount money bullying the rules, times might be different. lets just remember this and how if it had been put in place how it may be different.

Financial fair play ? UEFA.com

having said that if its not going to be put in place why follow it because surely money put towards wages and transfers expenses may lead to more success would surely lead to more money in terms of marketing and seeing the club brand grow.

And when teams like Man City sponsor themselves for £400m they're basically immune

Al Jazeera are reporting deals for both Sahin and M'vila will be concluded this week, Sahin as early as Monday.

"Arshavin arrived to St. Petersurg straight after Sunderland match. Probably for negotations with Zenit"
Аршавин прибыл в Санкт-Петербург - Чемпионат Англии 2012-2013 - Футбол - Eurosport (Use google translator)

"Agreement with Sahin & AFC was on Friday, delay as agent was at RM all day Friday to close deal and work out financials owed to him by RM. " [Via @DarrenArsenal1]

228541_433195940051879_831559316_n.jpg

Nuri Sahin has turned down a move to Liverpool. Talks continued with Arsenal yesterday. Deal will be a season long loan. Arsenal have first option to buy is Madrid opt to sell.

Last edited:
Apparently the Nuri Sahin deal includes a 2m fee for the loan and a 6m fee for a permanent move. Also reports are gathering pace that Yann M'vila will sign for Arsenal in the next 5 days as well.

Apparently the Nuri Sahin deal includes a 2m fee for the loan and a 6m fee for a permanent move. Also reports are gathering pace that Yann M'vila will sign for Arsenal in the next 5 days as well.

Not sure where the rumours of a Sahin Permanent deal are coming from. Their is no way Madrid are tying down one of their best prospects to a future fee option for such a measly price when he would command 5-6 times that amount. Even if they want to sell him that is....

Also on M'Villa... I honestly believe if Wenger wanted him, Arsenal would have had him. Seems like these rumours have started to come up again after Song left. May be wrong though

Not sure where the rumours of a Sahin Permanent deal are coming from. Their is no way Madrid are tying down one of their best prospects to a future fee option for such a measly price when he would command 5-6 times that amount. Even if they want to sell him that is....

Also on M'Villa... I honestly believe if Wenger wanted him, Arsenal would have had him. Seems like these rumours have started to come up again after Song left. May be wrong though

Pretty sure we sold Song so that we could give M'Vila his favored no. 17 shirt lol. :)

Pretty sure we sold Song so that we could give M'Vila his favored no. 17 shirt lol. :)

No... You sold Song because he had a bust-up with Wenger after you sold RVP to your biggest rivals. If you wanted M'Villa, you would have got him. Not wait till you could give him his favourite shirt

I personally don't think the fee is as low as being reported. The M'vila deal is supposedly 11.7m and he wants to come to Arsenal. Also on Sahin, I believe the fee will be closer to 12-15m than 6m. Real Madrid didn't want to accept our offer initially but he told them he wanted to go to Arsenal so they accepted it for him. Liverpool gave them a better offer but he didn't want to go to Liverpool.

Rennes manager/owner said M'Vila has played his last game for the club it seems. AVB ruled out the signing, so it looks like Arsenal than any other team.

No... You sold Song because he had a bust-up with Wenger after you sold RVP to your biggest rivals. If you wanted M'Villa, you would have got him. Not wait till you could give him his favourite shirt

I was just kidding with the shirt thing. I'm pretty sure we could have signed him if we wanted to but now more than ever there is a need so I can see why the rumors are gathering pace. I'll be pretty happy if we end up with both Sahin and M'Vila.

Rennes manager/owner said M'Vila has played his last game for the club it seems. AVB ruled out the signing, so it looks like Arsenal than any other team.

Was unaware of that. Could be another team as well... Man Utd ;)

Back