The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Bit of a harsh 4th though..

Still cant take the foot off the gas. As evidenced by City and United games Soton can score the goals. Great so far and now we rotate main men so they are fresh for Montpellier.

I was a bit worried I wasn't watching Arsenal after the 4th in the first half.. but luckily a keeper howler made me remember it is indeed the gunners I'm watching ;)

No idea what Szczesny is doing there tbh! Bould and Wenger will probably have a word with him about his decision making at half-time hopefully.

Hehe.....from not scoring in the first two games to having the best goal difference two games later. I know it's early days but Podolski looks really good. Szczesny was the big disappointment today imo.

Hehe.....from not scoring in the first two games to having the best goal difference two games later. I know it's early days but Podolski looks really good. Szczesny was the big disappointment today imo.

Good answer to all the ******* out there ******** about us not scoring without RVP. Poldi was really good and has really performed better than I expected. Him and Santi have clear connection on field and it's really nice to watch.

Szczesny was really poor. I think Mannone should start against Montpellier. Had good games so far and hasn't done anything wrong. Competition is good for Szczesny so he keeps focused for "lesser games" aswell.

alright guys! been a while since I last posted in here. Started a new save with an edited database so hopefully Arsenal will be able to build a new stadium.

Anyway, second season and the game is trolling me so hard. The most difficult fixture list I've had to cope with. Bearing in mind I'm narrowly at the top of the league, and thanks to these fixtures, I could easily let my year long lead slip, and crash out of the champions league in the same week. Ergh.

View attachment 275908

The last games before that were Man Utd, Chelsea, Man Utd, R. Madrid, Chelsea, R. Madrid.

WTF.

alright guys! been a while since I last posted in here. Started a new save with an edited database so hopefully Arsenal will be able to build a new stadium.

Anyway, second season and the game is trolling me so hard. The most difficult fixture list I've had to cope with. Bearing in mind I'm narrowly at the top of the league, and thanks to these fixtures, I could easily let my year long lead slip, and crash out of the champions league in the same week. Ergh.

View attachment 275908

The last games before that were Man Utd, Chelsea, Man Utd, R. Madrid, Chelsea, R. Madrid.

WTF.

Awful fixture list, BUT wrong thread dude. :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...846-football-manager-2012-arsenal-thread.html

Last time we beat Southampton 6-1, we went undefeated in the league for the next 49 games. Same again please :)

Szczesny needs to get his **** together. For a guy who was supposed to be "hot young prospect" , he barely improved over last 1.5 year, if at all.

Not much movement on this thread.

What do you want our lineup to look like tomorrow?

Vito back in goal, see if he can compete with Szczesny. Theo to start, perhaps Giroud will be given a chance to get his scoring boots on. Will be tough for him if he does.

I couldn't watch game against South Hampton, how was the Coq? Think he could fill in for diaby again, or is diaby 100%?

I couldn't watch game against South Hampton, how was the Coq? Think he could fill in for diaby again, or is diaby 100%?

Only saw highlights, Coquelin looked in good shape, put a lovely ball into the box for Mertseacker (only for him to head straight at the keeper mind). Unsure on Diaby, but he's already looked good this season. Hopefully there'll be competition there too for 'midfield general'.

Quite interesting, Wenger stating that Mannone very close to taking the number 1 slot for himself shows you how he's been a little stagnant in development while Mannone appears to be taking his chance.

Also another article on Walcott: Theo Walcott's contract wranglings leave Arsenal manager exasperated | Football | The Guardian

Unsure how I feel about this, personally I think 100k for an inconsistent player is unlikely, but at the same time it'd be a shame to see him leave on a free considering the development cost to this point and you need to pay players the market value. I'm fairly confident if David Silva is on 120k that 100 is ridiculous for him to hold out for, considering he's turned down 75k. I doubt many fans feel differently about that and I wouldn't be suprised if he did indeed get a rough time if gets brought off the bench tonight.

but equally who will want to give Walcott ?100k + when he is so inconsistent. The longer the season progresses with continued negotiations could see him lessen his demands, especially if it seems unlikely that another team will offer him the insane money he wants

Cazorla and Vermaelen both earn 80k a week and Theo cant any way justify earning more than them. Arteta earns the same if I remember right also.

He currently earns 70k, but seriously he hasn't progressed enough to warrant a 30k boost to his wage. 5-10k at tops and even that is too much imo.

Would like him to stay, but if we sell him I'm not overly worried as we have both Ryo and Gnabry coming through. Ryo hopefully joining first team next season and Gnabry in 2 years or so.

Back