The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Great win for us today with good performances from everyone all round but clouded by RVP hattrick :(

Come on, don't be bitter. I want RVP to do well.. just not to bang many in when he plays against us ;)

I think Giroud has gotten into his own head. He's uber competitive and missing his chances clearly frustrates him. I think he needs to slow down when he's on the ball a bit.

I think Giroud has gotten into his own head. He's uber competitive and missing his chances clearly frustrates him. I think he needs to slow down when he's on the ball a bit.

Yea and you could see frustration on him when our crosses were like ****. Just needs the first goal.

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/football/foot-and-co-diaby-peut-on-croire-en-lui/?sig=b9c51839e5cs

after 8 min mark.

Basically, he said the following:
- Diaby had massive muscular imbalance issues and the rehab at Arsenal was not done well (implied on second part).
- Diaby had one leg that was a footballer's and another leg that was fit for a 10 year old (exact quote).
- The last 3 months were spent to strengthen his injured areas and regain proper balance.
- Also spent a lot of time working on getting the body to release the scar tissue from his injuries, which created irritation, and to reestablish proper flexibility in those areas.

This trainer was the one who trained Diaby during his only injury-free season (2009-2010). After that, Arsenal wanted Diaby to use the club's training and recovery methods (because they're cheap). Only in the last 4 months did Diaby request and receive authorization to return to this trainer.

From what i heard, Arsenal's training staff seems pretty pathetic. You NEVER allow a player to return unless the player's muscular makeup is strong and balanced. Working on regaining flexibility and releasing scar tissue are novice level things. Wtf are they doing?!

No wonder so many injuries at Arsenal keep recurring and players always seem to stay out much longer than anticipated.

Source: Diaby's physical trainer for past 4 months talks

Last edited:

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/footba...g=b9c51839e5cs

after 8 min mark.

Basically, he said the following:
- Diaby had massive muscular imbalance issues and the rehab at Arsenal was not done well (implied on second part).
- Diaby had one leg that was a footballer's and another leg that was fit for a 10 year old (exact quote).
- The last 3 months were spent to strengthen his injured areas and regain proper balance.
- Also spent a lot of time working on getting the body to release the scar tissue from his injuries, which created irritation, and to reestablish proper flexibility in those areas.

This trainer was the one who trained Diaby during his only injury-free season (2009-2010). After that, Arsenal wanted Diaby to use the club's training and recovery methods (because they're cheap). Only in the last 4 months did Diaby request and receive authorization to return to this trainer.

From what i heard, Arsenal's training staff seems pretty pathetic. You NEVER allow a player to return unless the player's muscular makeup is strong and balanced. Working on regaining flexibility and releasing scar tissue are novice level things. Wtf are they doing?!

No wonder so many injuries at Arsenal keep recurring and players always seem to stay out much longer than anticipated.

Source: Diaby's physical trainer for past 4 months talks

I was just about to quote that! I knew there must have been something wrong with how diaby's legs were being treated. 27 injuries in 3 years. Arsene should have paid for the trainer in my opinion, we've missed him sorely.

Sagna's Arsenal frustration | Arsenal News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

See you in a City shirt next season Bacary ;)

"I expected the departure of Robin van Persie. We all expected it. It was 'obvious'.

"But the Alex one, it was a surprise! He is 24 years old, he has three years remaining on his contract. I still do not understand. It is huge loss for the club.

"When you see the two best players of last season leave, you have a lot of questions. Sometimes in the street the fans talk to me. I can understand they are upset. I am just like them, I don't understand everything.

"At Arsenal you come back after holidays, you make preparations, and you see two players leave and the season resumes - it has been like that since I have been at the club. I am used to it now.

"I am the last player from the 2007 starting XI remaining. In May, I watched Manchester City show off. I watched at Samir [Nasri] and Gael [Clichy] lifting the trophy.

"That gave me desire for it. Were they right to leave? Yes. But when they left, we didn't know."

Last edited:
I personally hope we don't lose Sagna, he is pretty much my favorite Gunner now after seeing both Nasri (hate him now) and Song leave.

Will I blame him if he leaves? Not at all. Our club can compete yes but for how long? There is no way we can go a full season competing with City or Chelsea or even United really. I am happy with our squad I just think we really need to look at how we handle transfers.

Fox soccer channel has been replaying the liverpoll match every day since sunday

Diaby has just scored for France. What a start of the season it's been for him...

Diaby has just scored for France. What a start of the season it's been for him...

Finnish defence bit sloppy there, but still really good finish. Good game for him so far and now everyone can really see why he is so highly regarded by every french NT coach and Wenger.

Back