The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Diaby looks like he's in his peak years.. If he carries on the form he's shown in the first 3 games we got one **** of a player.. He use to be so inconsistent.. literally play 10 games, 1 good game, the rest average or below.. With Arteta and Cazorla to add in the middle, plus Wilshere's return from injury, we have a VERY strong, creative midfield, perfect balance in age..

Steve Bould has obviously been teaching the defence a thing or two.. Think Vermaelen and Mertesackr are looking very solid so far, well organised, aggresive.. Gibbs ended last season in good form and has carried it on into this season, question marks still around Jenkinson, makes some poor decisions, very clumbsy.. Also have Koscielny who was outstanding last season, for once we have 3 good center backs to choose from.. Just hope they all can stay fit, dont want to see us rely on Djourou or Squillacci..

Think we might struggle for goals while Giroud adapts, Im not going to put judgement on him after 3 games, but to be honest he has looked lost so far.. Would like to see Walcott in the center striker role, he's got a decent finish and bags of pace..

good start anyway, can not complain

Lol I laughed at this too it was like so inevitable.... Diaby scored..... Diaby injured. Wish him a quick return though because he is a hugely instrumental player.

Wenger about Diaby : "His muscular problem is very small. He has serious chance to be ready for the next game"

Suspect he'll be rested for the Southampton game so he can start against Montpellier.

Wenger about Diaby : "His muscular problem is very small. He has serious chance to be ready for the next game"

Suspect he'll be rested for the Southampton game so he can start against Montpellier.

I think he might be rested for both so he will be fit against City and Chelsea. Good for Coquelin also to get couple games.

If people hadn't heard, Van Persie was injured on his international break. Not sure about severity though, I doubt it'll keep him out for long.

If people hadn't heard, Van Persie was injured on his international break. Not sure about severity though, I doubt it'll keep him out for long.

He got knee'd in the thigh by an opposition player, Van Gaal has played it down, no doubt took him off because Fergie didn't want any risks being taken.

He got knee'd in the thigh by an opposition player, Van Gaal has played it down, no doubt took him off because Fergie didn't want any risks being taken.

It's Van Gaal. Doubt he'll listen to what other people tell him to do. He had Huntelaar on bench so no problem substituting RVP.

Team against Southampton:

Szszesny, Jenko, Mert, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Coquelin, Santi, Gervinho, Ox and Podolski.

Subs: Mannone, Koscielny, Santos, Ramsey, Arshavin, Walcott and Giroud.

Haha awesome. Good for Gervinho.

Where are all this goals coming from?

Last edited:
2nd goal sick, not seen one of those for a while, 3rd goal - brilliant assist from Arteta and a good run and finish for Gervs, think he needed that.

Back