The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
He wasn't in the Charlton first team though, he was playing on loan in a conference side at the time.

At the time Arsenal bought him, he had established himself in our squad and was starting to become first pick at right back. After about his 6th appearance Arsenal came in. Doesn't matter anyway, I get the point you were making. I was too quick to take offence at being called a conference side lol!

Jenkinson looked excellent. I suppose if you throw players in the deep end like Arsenal did with him then they will make mistakes but it looks as though it is finally working out. Was so confident going forward as well. Sagna will struggle to get back in the side if he continues to perform like that.

Jenkinson looked excellent. I suppose if you throw players in the deep end like Arsenal did with him then they will make mistakes but it looks as though it is finally working out. Was so confident going forward as well. Sagna will struggle to get back in the side if he continues to perform like that.

I said this a few weeks ago and got slated in here, the boy has talent and he just needs experience from first team football, now he is getting it and starting to shine.

Am I the only one who thought Mertesacker was very consistent today? He looked really good along with Koscielny and Vermaelen so far this season. It's not that far of a shout to say we have three of the top center backs in the league together.

Am I the only one who thought Mertesacker was very consistent today? He looked really good along with Koscielny and Vermaelen so far this season. It's not that far of a shout to say we have three of the top center backs in the league together.

Yeah. Maybe not top but one of the best.

Koscielney and Vermaelan definitely in the top 10 in the league, not too sure about Mertesacker but he has done very well so far. I'd put Sagna forward as the possible best right back as well.

I said this a few weeks ago and got slated in here, the boy has talent and he just needs experience from first team football, now he is getting it and starting to shine.

Many people judge him still by the performances he gave last season and cant see the massive improvement he has made. Was really sceptical of him last season, but now he is showing why Wenger decided to buy him.

He is Arsenal man and might be transformed into CB someday. Has built for it and I think he will be good player for us for next 12-14 years or so.

Doubly happy for him as he hopefully will join Finland team soon. We really need new players and Jenkinson would be 1st choice RB at start.

Looking forward to playing Arsenal next weekend. Hopefully someone's unbeaten run comes to an end and the game does not end in a bore draw

Nice to see goals coming from all over again: Giroud, Ox, Walcott brace, Arshavin and Miquel all on scoresheet. 6-1

Nice to see goals coming from all over again: Giroud, Ox, Walcott brace, Arshavin and Miquel all on scoresheet. 6-1

You're playing my home city Coventry... do not take anything at all from this match, we Sky Blues are in a diabolical sinking ship with terrible form.

You're playing my home city Coventry... do not take anything at all from this match, we Sky Blues are in a diabolical sinking ship with terrible form.

Don't care who we play. Just happy to see people on scoresheet. Especially happy for Giroud to score his first and Arshavin to be involved in almost every goal and running the show on AM position instead of LW. Also Theo's second goal was really nice.

Sagna's back in training and even trying a Rabona lol:

zp_153068134_SM_2086_D_9AE0608_3409.jpg

Team against Chelsea:

Mannone, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Diaby, Ramsey, Santi, Gervinho and Podolski

Subs: Martinez, Mertesacker, Djourou, Santos, Ox, Walcott and Giroud.

Back