The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
No way we`ll compete for title with performances like this one, they`re all ****.

Our squad is well capable of title push.

It's not, though. Verm and Koscielney are good, sure. Gibbs/Jenkinson, not so much. Wouldn't trust them. Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby, some good players, but too injury prone to rely on. Out wide, Ox, Walcott, Gervinho, I'd only trust Ox to ever get a winners' medal. Carzola's quality. Podolski, Giroud and Chamakh. Wouldn't trust them with much at all, personally.

Compare those players to Chelsea's, City's etc, it's just not the same.

It's not, though. Verm and Koscielney are good, sure. Gibbs/Jenkinson, not so much. Wouldn't trust them. Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby, some good players, but too injury prone to rely on. Out wide, Ox, Walcott, Gervinho, I'd only trust Ox to ever get a winners' medal. Carzola's quality. Podolski, Giroud and Chamakh. Wouldn't trust them with much at all, personally.

Compare those players to Chelsea's, City's etc, it's just not the same.

You forgot Sagna. Gibbs is fantastic. Arteta is better than any CM Chelsea have. Wilshere has been screwed by bad medical practice rather than an inherent injury problem. Giroud will come good. Podolski has shown he has great ability thus far.

You forgot Sagna. Gibbs is fantastic. Arteta is better than any CM Chelsea have. Wilshere has been screwed by bad medical practice rather than an inherent injury problem. Giroud will come good. Podolski has shown he has great ability thus far.

To add to that, Jenkinson has been quality this season.

To add to that, Jenkinson has been quality this season.

Not to mention Gervinho's been putting in quite a shift in attack, and Steve Bould's also worked wonders with the defence, though today there were a couple of hiccups.

Not to mention Gervinho's been putting in quite a shift in attack, and Steve Bould's also worked wonders with the defence, though today there were a couple of hiccups.

Yep. Just Gervinho can go from downright brilliant to awful within minutes. Still a great asset to have.

I'll be amazed if the title doesn't stay in Manchester this year. And despite their unbeaten start, I'd go as far to say Arsenal will finish above Chelsea too.

I was expecting a draw, but Chelsea has better players all over the pitch. Arteta & Cazorla are our best players, Mannone is a clown, Giroud can`t score ****, Ox too young for a war this big with Chelsea, i really don`t get it why you all like Koscielny, Verminator had a bad day at the office, Ramsey not so ok, Gerv apart from the goal was **** - lost all the balls, Dolski was ok.

I was expecting a draw, but Chelsea has better players all over the pitch. Arteta & Cazorla are our best players, Mannone is a clown, Giroud can`t score ****, Ox too young for a war this big with Chelsea, i really don`t get it why you all like Koscielny, Verminator had a bad day at the office, Ramsey not so ok, Gerv apart from the goal was **** - lost all the balls, Dolski was ok.

You know, I was going to break out some stats to prove you wrong, but I gave up when you wondered why we all liked Koscielny.

Really the only person who I can say had a good game for us was Arteta. Everyone else was very poor. At one point in the first half I was wondering who our striker was because Podolski was nowhere to be found. Jenkinson has been good all season and will only get better. As for Giroud, yes he missed a good chance but he will never have a miss like Torres did last season against United.

And whoever is comparing our squad to City or Chelseas you can't. We don't have the financial power like they do so obviously their squads are going to be way stronger. We proved last week we can play with City and should beat them as well as today atleast getting a draw with Chelsea.

And whoever is comparing our squad to City or Chelseas you can't. We don't have the financial power like they do so obviously their squads are going to be way stronger.
Did I mention I hate that excuse?

Really the only person who I can say had a good game for us was Arteta. Everyone else was very poor. At one point in the first half I was wondering who our striker was because Podolski was nowhere to be found. Jenkinson has been good all season and will only get better. As for Giroud, yes he missed a good chance but he will never have a miss like Torres did last season against United.

And whoever is comparing our squad to City or Chelseas you can't. We don't have the financial power like they do so obviously their squads are going to be way stronger. We proved last week we can play with City and should beat them as well as today atleast getting a draw with Chelsea.

Podolski wasn't our striker.... Gervinho was.

Back