The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
What I've heard it was quite rowdy AGM.

Peter Hill-Wood ending it with: " Thank you for interest in OUR AFFAIRS. "

Nice.

EDIT: Also Kroenke and Gazidis refused to comment on will dividends be paid to shareholders. Got a feeling Kroenke is planning on it.

Last edited:
Apparently Kroenke also fell face-flat with his casual fib that he has been in discussions with arsenal fan groups. Asked to name them and he couldn't

So all is well at Arsenal. If things aren't sorted out soon not just at team level, but at board room level too it's just going to turn nasty and Arsene will walk. Then the real problems will begin which will be a real shame as it would be very damaging to the club.

What I've heard it was quite rowdy AGM.

Peter Hill-Wood ending it with: " Thank you for interest in OUR AFFAIRS. "

Nice.

EDIT: Also Kroenke and Gazidis refused to comment on will dividends be paid to shareholders. Got a feeling Kroenke is planning on it.

Said it before and will say it again. This was to be expected of a man who admires the Glazer's business plan. Yes, thats right he actually ADMIRES the way they work.

Last edited:
Said it before and will say it again. This was to be expected of a man who admires the Glazer's business plan. Yes, thats right he actually ADMIRES the way work.

What?! think it's them who should be tested for substances. ****** ****

We have even more than that. Over 100m, but some of that go to stadium payment and some is needed as collateral for stadium debt.

Even if you could only access a third of that, that is still at least one top class player. That is having the ability to pat for Llorente, maybe even tempt Muniain along too. That is the ability to steal Soldado. You may have got 15 rising to 24m for RVP, but can Arsenal really say he wasn't worth it for United already?

What?! think it's them who should be tested for substances. ****** ****

Aye this was quietly ignored while everyone demonised Usmanov. I mean, lets ignore the fact that the people who lauded Kroenke got multi million pound pay offs from the deal. It's ok, they have Arsenal in their hearts... oO)

Aye this was quietly ignored while everyone demonised Usmanov. I mean, lets ignore the fact that the people who lauded Kroenke got multi million pound pay offs from the deal. It's ok, they have Arsenal in their hearts... oO)

Sigh. So while this is going on, unrest is going to spread, players are going to be let go (Walcott apparently is not getting a renewed contract) which means the best youngsters wouldn't want to hang around....looking very grim. And while Arsene tries to get things sorted at team level, he has to work with this, which ultimately means he would have to fall on his own sword.

Granted he's made mistakes, but this mess is going to wreck the club

Even if you could only access a third of that, that is still at least one top class player. That is having the ability to pat for Llorente, maybe even tempt Muniain along too. That is the ability to steal Soldado. You may have got 15 rising to 24m for RVP, but can Arsenal really say he wasn't worth it for United already?

Soldado would be great. Heard we are not interested in Llorente as he is too similar to Giroud.

RVP will be great buy for United as long as he stays fit. No question about it.

Soldado would be great. Heard we are not interested in Llorente as he is too similar to Giroud.

RVP will be great buy for United as long as he stays fit. No question about it.

Llorente is Giroud on steroids. Bigger and better at just about everything.

Should never have sold Song, when you have two creative players like Arteta and Cazorla, your first rule must be to give them the platform to work off.

Llorente is Giroud on steroids. Bigger and better at just about everything.

Yeah I know. I'd personally take him in a second.

Should never have sold Song, when you have two creative players like Arteta and Cazorla, your first rule must be to give them the platform to work off.

Yeap or at least we should have replaced him as Diaby is unlikely to play more than 10 games a season.

I wouldn't say he's worth it for United already. I would certainly change my mind in that regard if his performances end up winning things for the club, but his goals as of yet have no input yet towards any suggestion of raking in money from success in competitions.

222129hp2.jpg

Sigh. So while this is going on, unrest is going to spread, players are going to be let go (Walcott apparently is not getting a renewed contract) which means the best youngsters wouldn't want to hang around....looking very grim. And while Arsene tries to get things sorted at team level, he has to work with this, which ultimately means he would have to fall on his own sword.

Granted he's made mistakes, but this mess is going to wreck the club

I have had this feeling for a while that Arsenal won't qualify for CL this season and Wilshere will leave and end up at United. Idk if it is just me though, I know Wilshere would leave with a heavy heart, but no top player like him would be in a non CL team.

I wouldn't say he's worth it for United already. I would certainly change my mind in that regard if his performances end up winning things for the club, but his goals as of yet have no input yet towards any suggestion of raking in money from success in competitions.

Such a modern Arsenal attitude, he's only worth the investment if he aids us in income from winning competitions? He was bought for his own individual performances, he can't help it if the other 10 players flop, when he performs as he has thus far then he has justified the investment in HIM. Ronaldo will find it very difficult to repay his cost to Madrid in trophies, but when he's scored a goal a game for the last few years it's difficult to argue he hasn't lived up to his price.

I have had this feeling for a while that Arsenal won't qualify for CL this season and Wilshere will leave and end up at United. Idk if it is just me though, I know Wilshere would leave with a heavy heart, but no top player like him would be in a non CL team.

Haha hoping much? Qualifying for CL will be really tough this season, but Wilshere going to United? Please.

And you don't know how much of a top player he is currently. Remember he's been out for over a year now. Might take a lot of time to get to form he was in.

Haha hoping much? Qualifying for CL will be really tough this season, but Wilshere going to United? Please.

And you don't know how much of a top player he is currently. Remember he's been out for over a year now. Might take a lot of time to get to form he was in.

Jack's a loyal player and a good man, but it's the lure of trophies is irresistible particularly for someone of Wilshere's immense talent.. Gareth Barry was a Villa player for 12 years - something Wilshere would do extremely well to match at Arsenal - but eventually the pull of the Champions League and trophies were too much for him. It felt like a betrayal, but in hindsight it made perfect sense.

Wilshere wouldn't leave this season: he owes far too much to the club. That said, in a few years, if Arsenal consistently fail to make the CL and/or Wenger retires, I could easily see him going to United.

EDIT: Sigh, talking about Gareth Barry makes me realise how much it still hurts. :(

Jack's a loyal player and a good man, but it's the lure of trophies is irresistible particularly for someone of Wilshere's immense talent.. Gareth Barry was a Villa player for 12 years - something Wilshere would do extremely well to match at Arsenal - but eventually the pull of the Champions League and trophies were too much for him. It felt like a betrayal, but in hindsight it made perfect sense.

Wilshere wouldn't leave this season: he owes far too much to the club. That said, in a few years, if Arsenal consistently fail to make the CL and/or Wenger retires, I could easily see him going to United.

EDIT: Sigh, talking about Gareth Barry makes me realise how much it still hurts. :(

Yes I know. He wont leave after this and probably even after next, but by then if we fail to secure CL and trophies we will see players leaving. Wilshere and Ox at least.

I think there's only one player at the club now who would stay with us no matter what: Carl Jenkinson.

Yes I know. He wont leave after this and probably even after next, but by then if we fail to secure CL and trophies we will see players leaving. Wilshere and Ox at least.

I think there's only one player at the club now who would stay with us no matter what: Carl Jenkinson.

It's not even about failing to secure trophies, its the idea that Arsenal never really convince about being contenders. United did win anything last year, but RVP went there because they always have the aura of being genuine title and trophy challengers. Arsenal have lost ruthless edge. Its a cliche, and i hate myself for it, but there is a lack of bite to Arsenal.

Nah, Squillaci loves you lot forever and will stay until he's 40, becoming a club legend.

It's not even about failing to secure trophies, its the idea that Arsenal never really convince about being contenders. United did win anything last year, but RVP went there because they always have the aura of being genuine title and trophy challengers. Arsenal have lost ruthless edge. Its a cliche, and i hate myself for it, but there is a lack of bite to Arsenal.

That's partially because Arsenal just don't grind out wins. Ever. They either destroy the opposition 5-0, get 3-0 up and then cruise home to a comfortable victory, or they go 1-0 up, start retaining possession, and the opposition rips them apart on the counter or just batters through on sheer physicality. Those are pretty much the only three types of Arsenal game. Another cliche, but for what is a relatively big (physically) team now, Arsenal really need someone who actually puts up a fight and isn't Jack Wilshere.

Back