The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I think we'd should be starting Podolski, Walcott/Giroud and Gervinho against West Ham.

Arshavin good against Coventry and should at least get sub appearance against West Ham. Same goes for Walcott and we should at least try him out in the central striker position. Especially his second goal against Coventry was amazing.

But with Pods and Gerv form, It'll be hard for Oli to start...unless with put Gerv on the right wing as Theo and Ox are not lighting the world on fire.
I thought Walcott was excellent off the bench mid-week. I fancy he might get a start against West Ham as Chamberlain hasn't been great and Gervinho might drop to the bench with Giroud starting.

No way we drop Gervi, he's on form and we all know how important that is to his game.

Hey guys need some help. Where can you watch previous premier league games online? Not live.

Team against West Ham:
Mannone, Jenko, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Pods, Gervinho and Giroud
Subs: Martinez, Kos, Santos, Coquelin, Ox, Arshavin and Walcott.

Ramsey's crosses poor so far.

EDIT: Giroud!!

Last edited:
Great goal from Theo

And really even more beautiful from Cazorla

Last edited:
I'm more impressed the side again came from being a goal down, and away from home. Some solid finishing, Giroud was excellent, Walcott actually being an 'impact sub', but question marks for the solidity of the defence I think.

(And to the impact of Gervinho and Podolski in the first half when the shape of the team was very poor indeed)

Last edited:
io341QxjL6iiw.gif

Nice technique to hit them like that with both feet. The interesting point I'd have is when teams put a man on Arteta we're going to run into problems, Chelsea demonstrated that with putting Oscar on him all game and it did frustrate the team. Xavi is used to that kind of attention, but Arteta hasn't had to deal with it from that deep position for anywhere near as long as the Barcelona supremo has, plus doesn't have Xavi's insane skills on the ball. It'd be great to have Wilshere back to get the double ball playing midfielder thing going, as Wenger tried with Ramsey tonight but he played more of a general roamer in the midfield which pushed (arguably the best finisher) Podolski wide.

Still, it was a must-win game, but getting Cazorla into the game definitely depends on Arteta, you see that by how deep Cazorla drops to get himself into the game against a packed midfield. I'd also like to see Coquelin getting a little more game time for Ramsey; but Wenger doesn't like changing the core of winning teams (for good reason given the team's ability to implode some reasons).

Ramsey deserved to get a start at West Ham, he has been in great form off the bench and should of, and was, rewarded for that with a start.

Giroud, Cazorla and Walcott were brilliant. Arteta was solid as per usual and Mertesacker was impressive at the back yet again. All in all a pretty good performance and an important 3 points to get heading into the interlull.

So happy to see Giroud scoring. I think that he specially needed that. It looked to me in previous games like he was too anxious to score a goal, so now that he has finally managed to I expect him to play better and improve his permonmances even more.

Giroud had a massive shot for france saved by japanese keeper. Wow, it was a rocket from standstill and on target. Too bad Japan scored off a counter on the resulting corner...

Man I hope Wilshere starts against norwich, Id love to see it live, too bad I dont live in England :(

Man I hope Wilshere starts against norwich, Id love to see it live, too bad I dont live in England :(

Really doubt that. I think first start will be against Reading in cup and first start in Prem against Fulham.

Really doubt that. I think first start will be against Reading in cup and first start in Prem against Fulham.
One can still hope :). But if he doesnt thats fine, if there is one thing we learned is that we should not rush him back

Back