The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Missed the start of the game guys, what kind of formation/players were we running?

Have to say I'm disappointed in game tonight. Couldn't keep the ball or create chances yet again. Also while at start looked like defence was well organized it broke down.

Good move by Wenger to drop Santos and play Vermaelen, but yet again he failed to use substitutions to effect. Cazorla was a passenger the whole match and we have Arshavin on bench who has been quite good in both COC games who could have had impact, but no Wenger decides to play Cazorla... Wouldn't be surprised if Cazorla's form dips massively soon as he is overplayed.

To be fair it isn't so much the formation, it's going 0-2 then conceding twice again. I can only imagine he doesn't trust the subs to perform.

To be fair it isn't so much the formation, it's going 0-2 then conceding twice again. I can only imagine he doesn't trust the subs to perform.

Yea I'd like to hear why he doesn't use the subs. If he truly doesn't trust players we have on bench then surely he needs to go on and spend the money and get players who he trusts to have impact.

Walcott could have played it off to Giroud for that last chance. But he wants to prove himself and goes at it alone. Still almost went through keepers legs

Guys, what u think about Vermaelen? Sad to see his bad form lately. Maybe the captain's armband is too "heavy" for him?

Guys, what u think about Vermaelen? Sad to see his bad form lately. Maybe the captain's armband is too "heavy" for him?

He wasn't that great last year either. Arteta should have been captain as he is the most consistent player in squad and what I've read a real leader of team.

Barely stepped a foot out of place vs Schalke to be honest, hopefully indicative that his poor form his behind him.

Barely stepped a foot out of place vs Schalke to be honest, hopefully indicative that his poor form his behind him.
He was at fault for the second goal, wasn't marking Farfan instead marked someone inside.

He was at fault for the second goal, wasn't marking Farfan instead marked someone inside.

Arguable, the entire back line was pushed upwards. If Vermaelen was marking Farfan, and a player swooped in the massive gap that was left in between Vermaelen and the closest CB and scored, then we'd be saying that he should've been more central.

The entire team was at fault for that goal, Vermaelen not particularly more than anyone else, because the move just wasn't broken down and the closing down was non-existent.

How many teams are capable of this ****. 2-0 and again turn engine off and boom 2-2...

Well.. Where do I start..
The past few seasons have been horrible if your an arsenal fan, im appalled to call myself an arsenal fan lately, the days of challenging for 1st are well and truly gone, we havent won a cup in about 7 years now (correct me if im wrong)
And Arsene Wenger just doesnt seem to give a monkeys, hes sold amazing players like Henry, RVP , Song , Fabregas , Nasri , A.Cole in the past few years and what players has he brought in to replace them ? AVERAGE players if you ask me, Giroud - average , Podolski - Okay , Santos - Poor , Mertesacker - Useless/Clumsy , Arteta and Cazorla im happy with, as for Gervinho im still not to sure, Arshavin - cant even put it into words how bad he is, same for Chamakh - hes just a foreign heskey.

players he should of bought or tried to buy ?
who do do you think he should of tried to bring in instead of the players up there ^

My final word : Wenger better impress us this season or i think he should be replaced, Ivan Gazidis open your eyes I say !

What do you think ?

The past few seasons have been horrible if your an arsenal fan, im appalled to call myself an arsenal fan lately, the days of challenging for 1st are well and truly gone, we havent won a cup in about 7 years now (correct me if im wrong)
And Arsene Wenger just doesnt seem to give a monkeys, hes sold amazing players like Henry, RVP , Song , Fabregas , Nasri , A.Cole in the past few years and what players has he brought in to replace them ? AVERAGE players if you ask me, Giroud - average , Podolski - Okay , Santos - Poor , Mertesacker - Useless/Clumsy , Arteta and Cazorla im happy with, as for Gervinho im still not to sure, Arshavin - cant even put it into words how bad he is, same for Chamakh - hes just a foreign heskey.

who do do you think he should of tried to bring in instead of the players up there ^

My final word : Wenger better impress us this season or i think he should be replaced, Ivan Gazidis open your eyes I say !

What do you think ?

Board does the selling. Not Arsene. What bothers me the most that he is fine with it and doesn't seem to mind at all while club is destroyed around him.

Giroud and Podolski are both good players. Santos **** and should be offloaded sooner rather than later. Mertesacker is one of our most consistent players this season and aside from Gibbs and Jenkinson best defender.

What do you think ?

I hope you do sack him. You'd be much much worse without him

Back