The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
We've got Sunderland away coming up on the 9th, which is a must win. Then Blackburn at home on the 16th - both are must win games, with City playing Liverpool today we need to be in that top 5 position and run off the back of some good performances before the Bayern home game on the 19th.

Everton and Spurs both have United and Newcastle respectively to play for their next PL fixture so we can hope for some dropped points.

I'm going to the Blackburn game, so hopefully that's a win.

Really want a good cup run this year.

Tough teams in there still, but with bit of luck we can go all the way. Only need to show up our 2nd half form in games and not the 1st half.

Ivory coast dropped out of ACoN. The Return of Forehead is upon us.

I have a feeling we are going to make it to Wembley. Hopefully the luck of the draw goes our way and most of the other big teams are out of the way by then.

Tough teams in there still, but with bit of luck we can go all the way. Only need to show up our 2nd half form in games and not the 1st half.

Indeed, absolutely crazy this season how good we've been in the 2nd half compared to the 1st.

Random stat, if league games this season were only the 2nd halves, we would be 2nd in the league after Manchester City. We need to perform early, and maintain that control throughout.

Santos is effectively a 40,000 per week English teacher for new boy Monreal, now.

Ramsey in the XI sitting in midfield today, lets hope he's quick with his distribution as against Sunderland they'll be pressuring him quickly.

EDIT:

Ignore the above, lineups are below, which indicates Ramsey on the wing looks likely.

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Monreal, Mertesacker, Sagna, Koscielny, Arteta, Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott, Ramsey, Giroud

Sunderland:
Mignolet, O'Shea, Bramble, Rose, Cattermole, Colback, Sessegnon, N'Diaye, Johnson, Gardner, Fletcher

Last edited:
Koscielny out after re-occurring calf injury in warm up, Jenko into the back four. Does this mean Jenkinson is playing as a CB?

Looks like it, who else do we have? Might be Sagna playing CB as he's the most experienced of the back line.

I know he can play there but he's played RB for the majority of his short career and hasn't played CB at this level..

From what BBC Sport have put it looks like Jenkinson on the Left and Monreal in the Centre... I hope Jenkinson has a good game, I personally think he should have the RB spot Sagna hasn't earnt it and Jenkinson was on form earlier in the season. Reminds me of the Chamakh/Van Persie thing that happened. Chamakh was actually playing well at the start of his Arsenal career only for him to be replaced as soon as Van Persie recovered from injury which I thought was the major fact in Chamakh's loss of confidence..

From what BBC Sport have put it looks like Jenkinson on the Left and Monreal in the Centre... I hope Jenkinson has a good game, I personally think he should have the RB spot Sagna hasn't earnt it and Jenkinson was on form earlier in the season. Reminds me of the Chamakh/Van Persie thing that happened. Chamakh was actually playing well at the start of his Arsenal career only for him to be replaced as soon as Van Persie recovered from injury which I thought was the major fact in Chamakh's loss of confidence..

Jenkinson is on right and Sagna is in middle with Mertesacker.

Yeah that was exactly what I thought. Now excuse me I need to get back to sitting next to Steve Bould.. ahem.

I personally think he should have the RB spot Sagna hasn't earnt it and Jenkinson was on form earlier in the season.

I think he's earned it in the past, but that is it. He certainly isn't in good form and half the point in having an 'understudy' is the other guy can go and play instead. Wenger needs to actually do a bit more of that.

Although looking at the Chelsea thread, any kind of rotation is met with total ridicule if you don't actually win the games in which you rotate, so he needs to be mindful of that!

Reminds me of the Chamakh/Van Persie thing that happened. Chamakh was actually playing well at the start of his Arsenal career only for him to be replaced as soon as Van Persie recovered from injury which I thought was the major fact in Chamakh's loss of confidence..

Totally agree. Chamakh is this name which makes a lot of people chuckle, and why? The fact is he was playing well, being a massive handful for defenders, and after RVP came back he only ever played a cameo role as a sub late in games.

Back