The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Podolski gave us life, and a fantastic save from Neuer has just denied us. Seriously we aren't out of it....

I just cant see the sense in Wenger continuing to play Ramsey, and force Cazorla out onto the wing

Although it would be no shame going out to these as i think they are 1-2 quality players off reaching the levels of Barca/Madrid its the way you lose and so far its been woeful.

This.

I don't mind losing to some genuinely good moves, to make them actually work for a win.

But it's been three very soft goals with the team barely having a shot in the first half. I do not understand how the team can be so ****.

I think Arsenal lack a natural CDM since Song left.. Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla all more attacking and no-one filling the hole between defence and midfield

A natural leader at CB wouldnt go a miss aswell...Arsenal are not far off but need to spend!

I think Arsenal lack a natural CDM since Song left.. Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla all more attacking and no-one filling the hole between defence and midfield

A natural leader at CB wouldnt go a miss aswell...Arsenal are not far off but need to spend!

Not to mention the midfielders playing on the wings part. I think they are way off the top teams to be honest.

I think it is time for Wenger to walk, season after season without a trophy is becoming an abomination, you can't just sell the likes of Thierry Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie and so on and not buy any players to replace of a decent enough standard.

Tell you what, i will sell my best player and possibly the best striker in the prem to one of our rivals, and i have the perfect replacement, a Left Back .... because that makes sense.

Im absolutely sick of this "In Arsene We Trust" .... Its absolute bollocks, everybody has an expiry date and im afraid he just isnt good enough anymore.

Last edited:
Beaten by a better team. Wilshere was our best player for me (even if Podolski scored). Played like a captain.

I think it is time for Wenger to walk, season after season without a trophy is becoming an abomination, you can't just sell the likes of Thierry Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie and so on and not buy any players to replace of a decent enough standard.

Tell you what, i will sell my best player and possibly the best striker in the prem to one of our rivals, and i have the perfect replacement, a Left Back .... because that makes sense.

Im absolutely sick of this "In Arsene We Trust" .... Its absolute bollocks, everybody has an expiry date and im afraid he just isnt good enough anymore.

Under no manager will we do better, so what's the point in Arsene walking?

And I know what you're going to say, 'How do you know that?'. Well, drive Arsene out of this club and you will find out.

I personally expect him to leave in the summer. You can tell it is taking a toll on him. Very soft third goal tonight, the only goal I saw due to work but it seems I didn't miss much. We looked strong during the time I did see in the second half but they always looked threatening as well. Oh well we just need to push on.

Under no manager will we do better, so what's the point in Arsene walking?

And I know what you're going to say, 'How do you know that?'. Well, drive Arsene out of this club and you will find out.

Well what kind of manager sells his best players and doesnt bring in a good enough standard ? Since the year of the Invincibles, he has done jack all for this club other than getting a new stadium which is also ridiculously priced. Season after season just gets worse, struggling for a top four spot therefore means no champions leauge, therefore low chance of high profile signings in the summer therefore another failed season next season. If he is going to have even the slightest chance to save the club he MUST MUST start buying players to strengthen the team. Every year people believe this in arsene we trust nonesense when all that they are doing is believing in something that doesnt exist, the club is not going to get better until major changes happen at the club. With the profit that the club makes from sales it is about time that the stupid wage budget is removed and money is pumped into the club to improve performances on the pitch.

Last edited:
Well what kind of manager sells his best players and doesnt bring in a good enough standard ? Since the year of the Invincibles, he has done **** all for this club other than getting a new stadium which is also ridiculously priced. Season after season just gets worse, struggling for a top four spot therefore means no champions leauge, therefore low chance of high profile signings in the summer therefore another failed season next season. If he is going to have even the slightest chance to save the club he MUST MUST start buying players to strengthen the team.

All very well saying he must buy players-but tell that to the board. There are things behind the scenes we don't know about. And don't forget Arsene has made Arsenal financially extremely strong aswell. Not many managers can do that

Well what kind of manager sells his best players and doesnt bring in a good enough standard ? Since the year of the Invincibles, he has done jack all for this club other than getting a new stadium which is also ridiculously priced. Season after season just gets worse, struggling for a top four spot therefore means no champions leauge, therefore low chance of high profile signings in the summer therefore another failed season next season. If he is going to have even the slightest chance to save the club he MUST MUST start buying players to strengthen the team. Every year people believe this in arsene we trust nonesense when all that they are doing is believing in something that doesnt exist, the club is not going to get better until major changes happen at the club. With the profit that the club makes from sales it is about time that the stupid wage budget is removed and money is pumped into the club to improve performances on the pitch.

'Stupid wage budget is removed'?

Sigh, please don't tell me you'd be okay just bringing in players on massive £150,000 a week contracts because we're struggling at the moment. Yes, we want the team to do well, but in my opinion we should want the team to do well under certain circumstances, and paying over the top wages isn't the only way of achieving success.

I'm not pretending our wage system is great (Because it isn't, we're paying good money for dead-wood at the moment basically, but as soon as we cross that line and start being retarded with our transfer fees and wage distribution, that's when we can say goodbye to a unique identity that is all too rare in football these days.

Might not mean much to you, but it certainly does to me, as well as many other Arsenal fans out there.

lasagna is garbage. might as well sell in summer. ramsey doesnt offer this team and playing theo up front was just poor gameplan. Woj also appears very timid on corners.

I cant decide whether Arsenal is so bad or Bayern so amazing.

I cant decide whether Arsenal is so bad or Bayern so amazing.

Going by that performance, it's that Arsenal were bad and Bayern were quite good.

That being said, Bayern are quite an amazing team, they just didn't display everything they had tonight.

Yeah, i'm not sure why people are bashing Wenger after this out of all games. That's basically as if Vladimir Klitschko smashed your face and you said ...well , this is unacceptable, clearly my coach in sunday boxing school isn't good enough.

Going by that performance, it's that Arsenal were bad and Bayern were quite good.

That being said, Bayern are quite an amazing team, they just didn't display everything they had tonight.

The most disappointing thing is Arsenal's lack of a solid defence. Bayern were very average by their standards tonight and all three of their goals were preventable. Yet Arsenal have conceded three goals at home and the tie is practically all over.

Back