The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Seems that Gareth Bale is their RvP - single handedly carrying Spurs into a Champions League spot... before he ups and leaves for R. Madrid of course.

doubt he'll leave this summer, since he extended his contract till 2016. but i think something will happen on the summer of 2014 or 2015 atleast.

Man United or Real Madird ?

Bronze Statue for DB10
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-to-unveil-dennis-bergkamp-statue
BEGLiY8CcAAq8WA.jpg

Last edited:
doubt he'll leave this summer, since he extended his contract till 2016. but i think something will happen on the summer of 2014 or 2015 atleast.

Man United or Real Madird ?

I think he will if they fail to get CL football, but that doesn't seem likely to me.

So many transfer rumors circulating after our transfer kit was announced. Really ridiculous.

So many transfer rumours circulating after our transfer kit was announced. Really ridiculous.

Lol, true. Gotze rumours are circulating again, and again. All thanks to the 123m quids in the arsenal cash reserve :P

How about the MJ statue at Cavern Cottage :P

Worst statue ever but at least it looks like him a little bit.

On statues just a quick story which will make you laugh. Someone i know was at a Chelsea game a few weeks ago and walked passed some Japanease tourists who all had Chelsea shirts on so probably going to the game and was taking pictures of the Peter Osgood statue whilst saying "ahhhh Drogba". FML lol

If that is true Kroenke will jump at it. He is definitely only at Arsenal for the money. Also this is a random question but Keisuke Honda is available on a free transfer in the summer, I believe he is worth a shot to sign really. Plus he will boost revenue in Asia.

the source says the bid is at it's "peak valuation".

Which has to mean that negotiations have been underway for a while.

and if they haven't been, there is no way that is peak valuation as NOBODY ever offers full price up front.

2-0 half time.

Biggest 45 for Arsenal in some time. If Arsenal come back and get a draw, I think they'll finish ahead of Spurs.

Defense is horrible, especially considering how well they started.

Verm has head up ***, Nacho can't communicate, Per is slow.

Might as well sell Arteta. He is not a defensive midfielder and there have been multiple goals this season where he should have been in a better position. I doubt he would get much playing time in a more attacking role as we have Wilshere and Cazorla (gotze?). So we might as well make some money off him. Go out and buy a proven anchor man.

Defense is horrible, especially considering how well they started.

Verm has head up ***, Nacho can't communicate, Per is slow.

Might as well sell Arteta. He is not a defensive midfielder and there have been multiple goals this season where he should have been in a better position. I doubt he would get much playing time in a more attacking role as we have Wilshere and Cazorla (gotze?). So we might as well make some money off him. Go out and buy a proven anchor man.

Why on earth would you sell Arteta? Makes no sense to do that.

Just replace Song like you should have done in the first place, as opposed to removing the little squad depth you have.

Well, not watching the game as traveling, but it seems like a carbon copy as every other game:

- Vermaelen isn't playing well and hasn't all season, poor decision making
- Per has no ability to play a high line and his otherwise replacement Kos is in terrible form.
- Monreal doesn't speak English yet
- Arteta isn't a DM yet is forced to play as one

The good thing is that Europe league should persuade the club to spend some money and clear out all the **** so we get to make opponents work harder for their goals.

Why on earth would you sell Arteta? Makes no sense to do that.

Just replace Song like you should have done in the first place, as opposed to removing the little squad depth you have.

Selling him would indeed be stupid, he's professional, works hard, and is good at distribution. Exactly as you say, a proper DM, accentuate the squad instead of selling players. Giggs and Scholes have shown that players can contribute for many years, not just from the point of view of performance but also off the pitch in an example to the young players - something Arsenal desperately need.

The problem with the whole "Europa League should force us to spend the cash" you realize that our current board will look at that and say "well we won't have the Champions League revenue to back us up." I have mixed opinions on the whole Arab takeover that could be forthcoming. I do think we need a change in ownership / board and some of the things they are supposed to have said they want to do at Arsenal is definitely a step up but on the other end I really don't want us to become like Man City, PSG or Chelsea and buy the league.

Back