The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I am actually quite content with all of our strikers (Giroud, Podolski and Walcott). The only thing I can say bad is they had bad runs of form but you are to expect that at some point during a season. Even Gervinho has had some good games but the bad outweighs the good in his case.

I am actually quite content with all of our strikers (Giroud, Podolski and Walcott). The only thing I can say bad is they had bad runs of form but you are to expect that at some point during a season. Even Gervinho has had some good games but the bad outweighs the good in his case.

That's just it, you can't be content if you if want a title chase, and I mean a true title chase. Podolski especially.

I don't think they've hit any 'good' run of form this season, except perhaps Theo. I can't remember Giroud having a few clinical games, though to his credit he does create good chances and run into good positions every game.. If he scored a few more of them, had a little more technique perhaps, a lot more points would have gone our way. His hold up play is very solid though, at least that aspect of RVP was crucial to replace and that's why Podolski plays on the wing since he seems to put his head down and just run at the defence as a default option.

All of our new boys have done pretty well I'd say for their first season. I said before season started that I'd be glad if Giroud managed to get 15+ goals and 10 assists this season which he has done. I think he can grow on that and be at least a 20 goal striker for us ( all competitions included ) Podolski also has managed good results for his first year and considering he has played from left flank almost every game and he can still add to those stats. Santi also double digits on goals and almost in assists and I think he will grow those stats in upcoming 3 games.

Giroud 17 + 10
Podolski 14 + 10
Santi 12 + 9

This is starting to be a quite solid base to build on.

Chelsea winning today really puts us in a bit of trouble, we just needed to hope that tottenham lose/draw with chelsea to keep it in our own hands.

anyone else notice Wenger not shaking Podolski's hand yesterday when he was subbed off?

omg, I heart Puma, some of my favorite kits throughout europe.

and Chelski/rottenham drew today! Let's win out

Nothing's set in stone, but then no reports have suggested otherwise. I like Puma designs too, so I'm excited to see what they can come up with next year.

That picture is doing the rounds now, over some Facebook groups and unknown web pages.

omg, I heart Puma, some of my favorite kits throughout europe.

and Chelski/rottenham drew today! Let's win out

Best result IMO for us.

Everton will be tough game for Chelsea and Aston Villa might also prove difficult. It might come down to GD in the end and at the moment Chelsea have slight advantage.

CL is back in our own hands and we need to treat remaining 2 games as Cup finals and get wins and hopefully big wins as GD might be difference between 3rd and 4th.

That's because reports in Spain have said we have signed him. It's pretty much a striker merry go round with the media lately. One day we have signed Villa, the next Jovetic, the day after that Remy and then finally Higuain. All a load of ****.

I think Jovetic has most truth to it. Just waiting to see if we do finish in top 4.

Back