The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Where does 35m come from anyway. It just seems like pulled out of the ***. He left to Barca still young player, do you expect to buy him back at the same price, world class midifielder at his peak,after winning couple of trophies and proved succesful in a better club?

That, and Wenger should have really gone shopping last window, because this summer 70m is literally going to be peanuts with all the usual heavy spenders joined by Dortmund , Juve, Arsenal , propably another crazy window by PSG and the russian clubs that burn more and more cash every year.

I've wondered same thing about that 35 which is thrown around. But while he has been good in Barca he hasn't been as good as he was with us and well he sits mostly on bench unless they want to rest Messi.

Price won't be too high for couple of reasons:
1) His family lives in London and he has said that if he leaves Barca it will be to rejoin us.
2) We can slice off 50% transfer fee thanks to the clause we have on him.

We will see how much they burn. FFP is on now and soon we will see how it's enforced. We are on great position as we've been making profits for years now and now we can spent that profit where others need to save up.

Also agree with Tyton, why would be sign? Perhaps in his early 30s he might come back, but I see it a little like Henry. His contract is vast at Barca right now and he's an important player within the team, only more so as Xavi gets older and more injury prone - why put that aside to rejoin Arsenal? His agent will probably have a few words with him if he starts going down that road as Barca is definitely the meal ticket.

He was tried as Xavi's successor and he didn't do well in that position. He is important player... who sits on bench quite a lot.

Massive, massive game today. Gutted Wigan couldn't hold on to their lead yesterday but we can still open the points gap a bit with a win. Huge task but I'm quietly confident. Need Rambo to keep his form up and want Santi to show he means business.

Where does 35m come from anyway. It just seems like pulled out of the ***. He left to Barca still young player, do you expect to buy him back at the same price, world class midifielder at his peak,after winning couple of trophies and proved succesful in a better club?

That, and Wenger should have really gone shopping last window, because this summer 70m is literally going to be peanuts with all the usual heavy spenders joined by Dortmund , Juve, Arsenal , propably another crazy window by PSG and the russian clubs that burn more and more cash every year.

barcelona may reshuffle their team and fabregas could go for a cut price as he doesnt seems to be tito's fav player and we only need to pay 50% of what barca ask with a first option to buy too.70m is the fund given i think and we could sell some fringe player like bendtner chamakh denilson to raise the budget.

I like how you say 70m is peanuts then include us in the list of the "heavy spenders."

Anyways Tito has said that there will be changes at Barca this summer possibly 4-5 new signings. David Villa could be on the outs, Valdes is certain to go. I wonder who else they will get rid of to make room for the new signings. It's not really fair to Cesc as he has started to excel in the Messi role when Messi was out injured. I think he scored 3 and assisted 2 the other week?

I really hope we can pull out a win today. Unfortunately I have work which is quite usual for an Arsenal match but I will definitely be keeping updated on it! COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

he reallu isnt a xavi type. hes more like iniesta. and if you were in your prime would you want to sit on the bench and miss opportunities to solidify yourself as world class?
i dont see his price being an issue hence his transfer clauses. Besides its basially like us holding barcelonas money and giving most of it back for a more determined experienced player.

barcelona may reshuffle their team and fabregas could go for a cut price as he doesnt seems to be tito's fav player and we only need to pay 50% of what barca ask with a first option to buy too.70m is the fund given i think and we could sell some fringe player like bendtner chamakh denilson to raise the budget.
I have a feeling that Vilanova will not be at Barcelona for much longer, and even if he is, I really don't think they'd look at selling Cesc - no matter how much he does or doesn't like him.

i keep sayinv it...sagna needs sold. poor runs and cant cross among...erm...other things

i keep sayinv it...sagna needs sold. poor runs and cant cross among...erm...other things

Yeah if we get 10m from him it would be good. Part of that on Corchia who will also be on lower wages and add rest to our warchest. Corchia and Jenkinson can then compete for first choice RB which will be good for the team as now Sagna has been undisputed #1 and Jenkinson mainly backup in case of injury or if rested.

Silly challenge from Sagna, was never going to catch RvP in that situation. But then Theo's goal was offside. I'm content at the moment.

2 mistakes in less than 5sec -____- i guess wenger can ship him out.his contract runs out next summer right?jenkinson is ready.just need a backup for jenky

Wenger should take Sagna out quickly. Should have gotten another yellow there and I think we haven't seen everything yet.

Would have settled for a point before the match. Good result vs. the champions.

today was a clear example of what Giroud brings to the team. We wasted longballs and were bullied in the final 3rd.

he reallu isnt a xavi type. hes more like iniesta. and if you were in your prime would you want to sit on the bench and miss opportunities to solidify yourself as world class?
i dont see his price being an issue hence his transfer clauses. Besides its basially like us holding barcelonas money and giving most of it back for a more determined experienced player.

Yeah I think Alcantara will be the player to replace Xavi. Cesc would have been perfect Iniesta replacement, but Iniesta is only 3 years older than Cesc.

Along with 50% of the next transfer ( Only if Barca sell to other team than us ) we have £30m buy back clause on him. So £30m would be peanuts even for economist Wenger as he knows exactly what he is getting in return only difference is that Cesc is more experienced and has fulfilled his dream of return to Barca so no more tapping up in future.

Barca also owe us from Cesc and Song transfers and after Kompany said he has no interest in leaving City their interest is fully on Hummels and Vermaelen. And think who would be easier for them to get?

today was a clear example of what Giroud brings to the team. We wasted longballs and were bullied in the final 3rd.

Agreed, some people (mostly non-Arsenal fans) don't recognise what Giroud brings to the team. I've been incredibly pleased with his debut season.

Agreed, some people (mostly non-Arsenal fans) don't recognise what Giroud brings to the team. I've been incredibly pleased with his debut season.

He's had a good season, unfairly blamed. Need more goals off the left flank and from deeper in mid.

Back