The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Meh, there's too much doomsday talk in here, especially after the game where you had to work against 2 pens and a red card. :P

Meh, there's too much doomsday talk in here, especially after the game where you had to work against 2 pens and a red card. :P

I think it's funny how the last two years, people have complained about our deadwood.

We clean all of that out and now they say we are too thin. We certainly need players, but not the ones we had and not anyone who isn't genuine first team potential.

Wednesday night just might decide your whole season up.With no proper first team and bench be prepared to get phically assaulted again by the turks.Even if you go bid for quality players god knows what quality wenger looks when he buys players ,they will wait to see the wednesday night result.And how badly shaped the team looks you might end up loosing 2-0.Will that quality than come ???

Wenger needs a DoF and we all know who ! Now the question for you fans here would you like wenger to leave if he does get you in champions league and buy good players by the window ends.

Wednesday night just might decide your whole season up.With no proper first team and bench be prepared to get phically assaulted again by the turks.Even if you go bid for quality players god knows what quality wenger looks when he buys players ,they will wait to see the wednesday night result.And how badly shaped the team looks you might end up loosing 2-0.Will that quality than come ???

Wenger needs a DoF and we all know who ! Now the question for you fans here would you like wenger to leave if he does get you in champions league and buy good players by the window ends.

Wenger needs depth of field??

I think it's funny how the last two years, people have complained about our deadwood.

We clean all of that out and now they say we are too thin. We certainly need players, but not the ones we had and not anyone who isn't genuine first team potential.

Tbh clearing deadwood is just a bonus for us. Most of them weren't even considered for first team so they were definately not a priority.

Priority was to sign players who could improve the team and we have failed there miserably.

AW post match interview: "After, we are out to buy players. People always say 'buy players, buy players, buy players'. When you tell them 'tell me who?' it becomes much more problematic."

No it doesn't: Begovic, Alderweireld, Fernando/Fellaini/Kondogbia, Lamela, Rooney/Martinez.

AW post match interview: "After, we are out to buy players. People always say 'buy players, buy players, buy players'. When you tell them 'tell me who?' it becomes much more problematic."

No it doesn't: Begovic, Alderweireld, Fernando/Fellaini/Kondogbia, Lamela, Rooney/Martinez.

Jesus. How much money do Arsenal have!?

Rooney is clearly out of your price range, though. Enjoy paying £25m for Martinez, 12 months after he was available for about £7m.

Then there is apparently Fernando available at Porto. Falcao rumours about him being transfer listed at Monaco something to do with tax don't know how much truth there is to this but it will no doubt be revealed sooner rather than later.

I don't think we will ever see the day Arsenal spend £150m.. I'd be amazed if you even make a net spend of £50m

But for a net spend of £50m we could get Rooney. I think if anyone offered that much, United would grab it with both hands. Maybe even £40m as long as it's not Chelsea.

But for a net spend of £50m we could get Rooney. I think if anyone offered that much, United would grab it with both hands. Maybe even £40m as long as it's not Chelsea.

Exactly. Utd don't view us as a rival anymore unlike Chelsea.

It's not that I don't think you have the money, it's that I don't think the club would spend it.

BTW, Arsenal's current net spend is about +£11m.

Then there is apparently Fernando available at Porto. Falcao rumours about him being transfer listed at Monaco something to do with tax don't know how much truth there is to this but it will no doubt be revealed sooner rather than later.

Monaco have came out and said that they don't have to sell him.

Besides, if anyone other than Monaco wanted to pay £55m for him, he wouldn't be at Monaco.

It's not that I don't think you have the money, it's that I don't think the club would spend it.

BTW, Arsenal's current net spend is about +£11m.

I don't think we are going to spend that much on Rooney either, but I was just pointing out he isn't out of our price range like you said, as it is only £10m more than what we offered for Suarez (Well, £9,999,999 more)

And we haven't spent anything?

I don't think we are going to spend that much on Rooney either, but I was just pointing out he isn't out of our price range like you said, as it is only £10m more than what we offered for Suarez (Well, £9,999,999 more)

And we haven't spent anything?

I think he ment our net spend is -£11m

I think he ment our net spend is -£11m

I thought he meant money from sold players, i.e. we are net +11m over the initial transfer budget.

If you include all the sold and released players though we're closer to +25m at the moment, which would be included in the transfer budget, which would put a rough mean figure available of £100m.

From what I understand, we've gone from needing a covering centre back, a defensive midfielder that can actually defend, a winger, an established goalkeeper and a striker to still all of those, plus ANOTHER creative midfielder, and a right back and a left back. Basically, we need to buy a whole team.

We're being linked with another move for Lars Bender, and Micah Richards. I don't know if I'd rather have him or Uchida.

Last edited:
Back