The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The award for biggest troll of the transfer window goes to Fiorentino Perez for finding a way to **** Spurs over, the minute after Bale deal was done. Its brilliant, really.

I bet you Daniel Levy was feeling pretty good about himself, milking the deal for months, finally making Madrid bend over and pay up transfer record. Then this bomb drops, the biggest rival gets Ozil, arguably the best player in the world in his position. Such a kick in the head.

-------Giroud
Cazorla--Ozil---Walcott
----Ramsey--Wilshere

or

----Walcott
Pods---Caz---Ox
---Ramsey--Arteta

A LOT of options.

Not the area we needed to strengthen the most, but **** I'm happy. Ozil is a much better buy than Rooney or Suarez, even Higuain (even though we needed another striker more). Can't wait to see him in his first Arsenal match! Will definitely be paying closer attention to Germany's match during the interlull.

Got to give it to Wenger he pulled off a cracker, but took far to long to do it. Nevertheless I expect Arsenal fans will be happy with the Ozil deal and atleast he has added world class ability.

We can actually rotate now well. Also Cazorla will be on left most of the time at least.
Yeah that's true, feels like we lack width with Cazorla out on the left and it puts a lot of strain on Gibbs to overlap. Then again with that much passing ability through the middle we might no even need crosses.
he could allways play 3-7-0
That'd be a beautiful formation to see. Not many goals but it'd put Barcelona passing to shame.

Knowing Arsenal's luck Ozil will probably break his leg in the international break.

Yeah that's true, feels like we lack width with Cazorla out on the left and it puts a lot of strain on Gibbs to overlap. Then again with that much passing ability through the middle we might no even need crosses.

That'd be a beautiful formation to see. Not many goals but it'd put Barcelona passing to shame.

Haha!!

Heh. Except I think Llajic to Roma was more of the replacement for Lamela. Now if Arsene could devise a plan to pry Michael Bradley away from Roma ...

Yes you are right, but still as soon as Gervinho was signed they were "ready" to let Lamela go.

Bit tired of people saying we need a new striker. What more can Giroud do? We have Walcott and Podolski (when fit) for backup.

With Rosicky, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Flamini and (when fit) Arteta and then the above two vying for just 5 spots in midfield, there's plenty of room for manoeuvre.

Bit tired of people saying we need a new striker. What more can Giroud do? We have Walcott and Podolski (when fit) for backup.

With Rosicky, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Flamini and (when fit) Arteta and then the above two vying for just 5 spots in midfield, there's plenty of room for manoeuvre.

And Sanago and Akpom

Don't Podolski and Walcott play out wide? Lose Giroud and Bendtner is your main striker unless you move Podolski/Walcott into the central role at which point you're instantly much weaker out wide.

Don't Podolski and Walcott play out wide? Lose Giroud and Bendtner is your main striker unless you move Podolski/Walcott into the central role at which point you're instantly much weaker out wide.

Podolski and Walcott are at least most effective out wide. We tried to use Poldi up front, but he wasn't effective there at all. Walcott might work well, but with Podolski and Ox injured who would we use out wide then.

Both are strikers, traditionally. Podolski has 46 international goals for Germany, don't forget.

Move one of them central, and then take your pick of Walcott/Podolski, Oxlade, Cazorla, or Ozil to play on the flank. Plus, if needed, Ramsey has played there before, and I have no doubt Rosicky and Wilshere could do it there too. Then there's Gnabry, who deserves a few first team games I reckon.

Back