The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Short memories for the win.

Well, if you think differently, please, argue your point. I'd rather see some form of reasoning than read a poor ad hominem jest.
I'm actually very intrigued as to how you expect David Moyes to propel such a poor Man Utd side to a league win.
And if you say "well last year..." Yes, you won the league last year with almost the exact same squad. However, you also had a manager who is far, far superior in many ways to Moyes.

Well, could have gone better. I was out and missed the game, but heard a bit of it, and it seems at 3-2 the turning point was the Silva goal, and at that point the team pushed and pushed and eventually lost it, whereas becoming more solid would perhaps have been a better plan and tried to nick it. Still, teams have done worse than lost by a goal defecit of 3, however a lot will depend on how the team picks themselves up for the next game.

Any team that concedes six goals can hardly call the result "unfair".

So if a team loses 6-5, that makes them less able to call a result unfair than a team that lost 1-0? We lost by 3 goals, but we should of had a penalty, and at least one goal should of stood. We created enough to chances to score at least 2 more. If we didn't have to chase the game as much, we probably wouldn't of conceded 5th or 6th.

P.S. I am not saying the result was unfair, simply that just because a team concedes 6, doesn't mean they deserved to lose.

Well, I think he is rightly saying that conceding six goals means roughly one every fifteen minutes, which is unacceptable.

The problem today was Wilshere and Monreal were unable to deal with the right flank, and it became a weakness. If you consider the whole left flank had been changed (no Koscielny at LCB, Gibbs nor Cazorla in front) it took too long to settle.

Although I do feel the last 15 minutes the team was knackered, and don't see why a noon kickoff on a Saturday makes any sense for teams who played on a Wednesday away.

Well, if you think differently, please, argue your point. I'd rather see some form of reasoning than read a poor ad hominem jest.
I'm actually very intrigued as to how you expect David Moyes to propel such a poor Man Utd side to a league win.
And if you say "well last year..." Yes, you won the league last year with almost the exact same squad. However, you also had a manager who is far, far superior in many ways to Moyes.

Sane goes for you. Give me reason why you think United wont win the league.
As for my reasons, I never roll out even if we are 13 points off top. Yes, we are playing bad, we have **** midfield, but it's ****** December, if you expect from me to say we lost the title, well then, too bad.
Wenger is hardly world class manager, if you think he will bring you titles like SAF brought us with bunch of squad players, then you're wrong again. This is kind of attitude I expect from average Arsenal fan. Forgeting last 10 years of their unsuccessful history. Enjoy while it last, you wont be on top forever, let alone win the title.

Arsenal didn't play badly, they deserved to lose, but it was closer than the score line says. Big time for Arsenal now. Two losses and a draw in a week, need a reaction next week

Just see the little incident between mertersacker and Ozil and good on Per for having a go at him. After the arsenal fans travelled across the country to see their side concede 6 goals they deserve an applause from the players they pay their hard earned money week in week out to go and see. Also fair play to Ozil for later apologising to the arsenal fans.

Just see the little incident between mertersacker and Ozil and good on Per for having a go at him. After the arsenal fans travelled across the country to see their side concede 6 goals they deserve an applause from the players they pay their hard earned money week in week out to go and see. Also fair play to Ozil for later apologising to the arsenal fans.

And classy midle finger from Golden boy to City fans.

There are City thread, but it's inactive. There are few supporters here, but they don't comment. I miss Joe. Anyway, google Man City Thread FM Base and you'll find it.

Why is there no City thread btw?
No supporters on the forum?

Plastic fans mate. They all come out when they win the league, then vanish when they havn't won anything for a while. They're probably supporting Bayern now.

Yeah I think will be great. You got some of the selection wrong for us. Monreal for Gibbs. Rambo for Arteta. Walcott on wide right and Wilshere on left instead of Cazorla.

I saw the game in Helsinki where we beat them 3-1. No reason why we can't replicate it, but need every player on their best.
I didn't make the graphic, it's from The Guardian's match preview. And how wrong I was with my prediction, eh?

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk.

Arsenal didn't play badly, they deserved to lose, but it was closer than the score line says. Big time for Arsenal now. Two losses and a draw in a week, need a reaction next week

Yeap. Good thing we have now 9 days off before Chelsea game.

Sane goes for you. Give me reason why you think United wont win the league.
As for my reasons, I never roll out even if we are 13 points off top. Yes, we are playing bad, we have **** midfield, but it's ****** December, if you expect from me to say we lost the title, well then, too bad.
Wenger is hardly world class manager, if you think he will bring you titles like SAF brought us with bunch of squad players, then you're wrong again. This is kind of attitude I expect from average Arsenal fan. Forgeting last 10 years of their unsuccessful history. Enjoy while it last, you wont be on top forever, let alone win the title.

Because your 9th, you have a **** midfield and an awful manager. You have dropped points to teams such as Liverpool, West Brom, Southampton, Cardiff, Everton and Newcastle.

Real Madrid and PSG would both disagree with you when you say Wenger isn't world class. They have both openly wanted him, but he has turned it down. Just because Wenger hasn't had the money to spend, so therefore hasn't had the same players as Fergie has had, doesn't stop him from being world class. Trophies aren't the only barometer of success, especially when he's managed the club in the financial situation we have been. (Responsibly, may I add. Not getting into ?300m+ of debt)

Because your 9th, you have a **** midfield and an awful manager. You have dropped points to teams such as Liverpool, West Brom, Southampton, Cardiff, Everton and Newcastle.

Real Madrid and PSG would both disagree with you when you say Wenger isn't world class. They have both openly wanted him, but he has turned it down. Just because Wenger hasn't had the money to spend, so therefore hasn't had the same players as Fergie has had, doesn't stop him from being world class. Trophies aren't the only barometer of success, especially when he's managed the club in the financial situation we have been. (Responsibly, may I add. Not getting into ?300m+ of debt)

hang on how was the club going into 300m+ debt down to saf?

hang on how was the club going into 300m+ debt down to saf?

I didn't say it was down to Fergie, but had the owners/directors/whoever ran the club more responsibly, then Fergie wouldn't have been able to spend so much. Like what happened with Wenger

Wow, the level of misunderstanding about United's debt structure in here is fascinating.

Back