The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You need a leader in that squad. Everything they do just looks lacklustre. Passing is aimless half the time.

Arteta has dropped visibly since december and really cant handle better opposition anymore. Also loss of Kos and Gibbs in defence shows as Vermaelen and Monreal were pretty much at fault for first goals eventhough Lukaku's goal was a bit of offside as Naismith blocked Szczesny's view.

Just too many injuries.

Arteta has dropped visibly since december and really cant handle better opposition anymore. Also loss of Kos and Gibbs in defence shows as Vermaelen and Monreal were pretty much at fault for first goals eventhough Lukaku's goal was a bit of offside as Naismith blocked Szczesny's view.

Just too many injuries.

Don't get me wrong-injuries have played a part. But when you watch both Everton and Arsenal. You have Barry telling people where to be, who to take on. Arsenal just seem to pass the ball aimlessly. Don't disagree with the injuries part though-lose key players and it can easily derail a season

Just too many injuries.
I'm not slating you for bringing up the matter of injuries (because it's a valid point), but it just seems that Arsenal's 'failure' every season for the last few years was put down to injuries. Something must be wrong with the medical staff at the club!

Don't get me wrong-injuries have played a part. But when you watch both Everton and Arsenal. You have Barry telling people where to be, who to take on. Arsenal just seem to pass the ball aimlessly. Don't disagree with the injuries part though-lose key players and it can easily derail a season

Yeah I know we lack a player to partner Ramsey there, but that isn't a reason for our collapse, but all these injuries.

Arsene Wenger: 3 Premier Leagues, 4 FA Cups

In what 18 years? including nothing for the past 8... Don't get me wrong he is a very good manager, but anyone else would have been long gone. Living off past glories with Wenger

In my opinion, and ive said it for the past year, Arsenal need a change

I'm not slating you for bringing up the matter of injuries (because it's a valid point), but it just seems that Arsenal's 'failure' every season for the last few years was put down to injuries. Something must be wrong with the medical staff at the club!

tbh last 2 years we have been out of title push at christmas or so. Still injuries happen just too often with us. Every season we top injury table by quite a way. Something is really wrong there.

Arsene Wenger: 3 Premier Leagues, 4 FA Cups

In what 18 years? including nothing for the past 8... Don't get me wrong he is a very good manager, but anyone else would have been long gone. Living off past glories with Wenger

In my opinion, and ive said it for the past year, Arsenal need a change

Yeah first half of his reign was excellent, but this second half not so much. We should have gotten trophy or two in these years but considering we actually managed to built our stadium and finance it ourselves unlike some other clubs here he has done well to keep us at top4

Yeah first half of his reign was excellent, but this second half not so much. We should have gotten trophy or two in these years but considering we actually managed to built our stadium and finance it ourselves unlike some other clubs here he has done well to keep us at top4

I think so too. We have easier run than Everton, but they are on form so it will be tough.

Think the mentality is wrong at the moment. 4th is seen as a fantastic achievement season after season and although it is at the beginning there is no mentality for improvement

This season looked the first but it was slightly false due to the fixtures Arsenal still needed to play (in the recent month)

Still think Arsenal will get 4th. The fixture lists are massively in favour of you lot

Yeah I turned off after the 3rd. I stuck by Wenger through everything but I get the feeling its time to go now. We were top for 3 quarters of the season now we're back again battling for 4th its a joke. We wen't and proved the critics right yet again

Think the mentality is wrong at the moment. 4th is seen as a fantastic achievement season after season and although it is at the beginning there is no mentality for improvement

This season looked the first but it was slightly false due to the fixtures Arsenal still needed to play (in the recent month)

Still think Arsenal will get 4th. The fixture lists are massively in favour of you lot

No one is saying 4th is excellent achievement. 4th is massive disappointment and 5th is just disaster. Not because of lack of CL but because we were on top by january.

People dont seem to understand the difference of this season to couple of the last. Then 4th was great achievement because of bad starts to season.

No one is saying 4th is excellent achievement. 4th is massive disappointment and 5th is just disaster. Not because of lack of CL but because we were on top by january.

People dont seem to understand the difference of this season to couple of the last. Then 4th was great achievement because of bad starts to season.

I agree this season it seemed different, always had a feeling you would drop off though but not this severely despite the fixtures

Seem to be very toothless in attack, serious lack of goals there

I agree this season it seemed different, always had a feeling you would drop off though but not this severely despite the fixtures

Seem to be very toothless in attack, serious lack of goals there

Yeah without Walcott we'd lost 30 goal contribution at least per season which shows. Real mistake by Wenger not to get reinforcements in january when Walcott and Rambo got injured. Could have saved our season.

I do have to credit Arteta though, for not celebrating his goal

A few months back, i wrote in here that we are lucky if we`re getting 4th place this season ... unfortunately i was right.
Our squad is ****, our starting 11 play week in week out like they don`t care about winning, the truth is they care only about the money they make (The Ox is the only one that i care about at the moment, he`s the only one who`s trying).

11-12-13 years ago, i was watching the games at Highbury & second place was not an option, we had attitude, we had personality. Over the years we`ve lost that and now when i see peoples joy with 4th place makes me sick, makes me puke.

THIS IS NOT MY ARSENAL... the only joy i get from Arsenal is when i manage them in Football Manager.
We need a change & needs to start with Wenger ... IT IS TIME FOR HIM TO GO. PERIOD

Same old arsenal....i will be seriously ****** off if wengers get a new contract lol this is a shambles from a team who was 1st for the majority of the season are now fighting for fourth once again! the funny thing is i still think our board will hand wenger a new contract even if we come 5th and dont win the fa cup.

Last edited:
Back