The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Probably. Objectively, will you rather he go or not? Arsenal frankly seem to be rusting under him football-wise. Same old 4th place finish again and again and again

Considering the opposition spending odd half billion to billion to get past us I'd say 4th has been quite decent return. Can't think of anyone better who would join us this summer so I'd rather he stay. Rather the devil I know. Though Moyes might be available...

Considering the opposition spending odd half billion to billion to get past us I'd say 4th has been quite decent return. Can't think of anyone better who would join us this summer so I'd rather he stay. Rather the devil I know. Though Moyes might be available...

Fair enough although someone like Klopp would be an interesting proposition

Your quote.

"Well start of season noone was even expecting title push. Most of people were saying that we'd end 5th or 6th so for this squad to be in semis of FA Cup and on our way of finishing 4th is good considering everything."

Everyone was I think, especially after Ozil signing. You're saying finishing 4th is good considering everything, this year you even spent big, breaking club records, is that not under consideration? Surely at least 3rd position and not having to play for CL qualifications? And Semis of FA Cup really dont count for much unless you win the thing.

Your quote.

"Well start of season noone was even expecting title push. Most of people were saying that we'd end 5th or 6th so for this squad to be in semis of FA Cup and on our way of finishing 4th is good considering everything."

Everyone was I think, especially after Ozil signing. You're saying finishing 4th is good considering everything, this year you even spent big, breaking club records, is that not under consideration? Surely at least 3rd position and not having to play for CL qualifications? And Semis of FA Cup really dont count for much unless you win the thing.

Well 3rd isn't at all out of reach or **** even the title if we start to actually turn up to play for change. Not saying it's likely anymore, but still. I'm fully expecting us to win FA cup. That's why I mentioned it. All respect to other teams, but especially as City dropped out we should win it.

Go back to summer and look where people predicted we'd finish. Almost everyone said we'd drop out of Top 4. Also lot of them said signing Ozil was good, but not what we needed at the time. Remember who else we signed? Flamini and Sanogo.

Well 3rd isn't at all out of reach or **** even the title if we start to actually turn up to play for change. Not saying it's likely anymore, but still. I'm fully expecting us to win FA cup. That's why I mentioned it. All respect to other teams, but especially as City dropped out we should win it.

Go back to summer and look where people predicted we'd finish. Almost everyone said we'd drop out of Top 4. Also lot of them said signing Ozil was good, but not what we needed at the time. Remember who else we signed? Flamini and Sanogo.

Well do you count end of transfer window as start of the season? If yes, then pretty much everyone said Ozil could prove to be difference b/w last year's Arsenal side and this year's potential champions.

Let's not start a pointless debate, but I feel, even as someone who loathes Arsenal, you should be a bit more ambitious after what was promised at beginning of the season and Arsene finally spent big money. Think lack of proper signing in Jan might cost you big time. ****, the direct revenue difference b/w finishing 1st and 4th would've covered the cost of a potential signing.

Well do you count end of transfer window as start of the season? If yes, then pretty much everyone said Ozil could prove to be difference b/w last year's Arsenal side and this year's potential champions.

Let's not start a pointless debate, but I feel, even as someone who loathes Arsenal, you should be a bit more ambitious after what was promised at beginning of the season and Arsene finally spent big money. Think lack of proper signing in Jan might cost you big time. ****, the direct revenue difference b/w finishing 1st and 4th would've covered the cost of a potential signing.

I agree that we should have been much more active in january to strenghten our position. Especially since both Walcott and Ramsey got injured. We could have easily signed 2 new players then though it's hard to say who as buying in january is harder.

Just quickly came into this thread to say fair play to all the arsenal fans who were still singing loud and proud at 6-0 down at the end of the game. Don't know if any arsenal fan on this forum was one of those but if you were hats off to you not often you see too many fans still showing support like that too their club after they have just been hammered to rivals.

Same here ... Says it all about how far Wenger has fallen. I can't see how someone can be called a legendary manager even after failing to win a trophy for the past 8 years and getting comprehensively thrashed 3 times in the same season by direct rivals

Look obviously everyone has their own opinion but after they lost to Birmingham a few years ago i said on this website probably this page that he had to go in order for Arsenal to get back to where they want to be and i got absolutely slaughtered for it. I stand by my comment more and more every year.

Just quickly came into this thread to say fair play to all the arsenal fans who were still singing loud and proud at 6-0 down at the end of the game. Don't know if any arsenal fan on this forum was one of those but if you were hats off to you not often you see too many fans still showing support like that too their club after they have just been hammered to rivals.

Yeah i will say well done for that, that is what real support is and if the players showed half that passion they may actually be a massive threat again. Excellent display for their fans, full marks for that.

Surely the blame has to come on Wenger. After all, isn't he the man who is in charge of putting together the squad? The fact that he bought a crocked midfielder from Russia in January says it all. Wenger gets far less criticism from the press than he deserves. If Mourinho had lost 6-0 at the Emirates, I shudder to think of the reaction
Mourinho takes over clubs who are either rich or already have a great squad, so if he had lost 6-0 then the reaction would be more extreme, and rightfully so. Wenger's Arsenal may have lost by large margins to rivals this season, but they have been solid defensively in most of their other games, which is impressive considering the price of the squad.

Your quote.

I personally don't remember everyone expecting Arsenal to title challenge after the Ozil signing, although I may be wrong of course. However, Ozil is only one marquee signing, where the likes of City and Chelsea have a number of players of his stature, so it's unrealistic to expect Arsenal to challenge for the title just because they've signed him.

Some **** going around on Twitter that Arsene has told the club he's leaving at the end of the season.

Back