The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
My personal opinion on Wenger is still that he's underrated, and that he's been a very good manager for Arsenal. Whether he should go or not, well...that's a entirely different matter.

Well no doubt this will be Wenger's last season as an Arsenal Manager. Lets just end this season in a high, and a FA Cup win with a top 4 spot should do it. EPL title is far out of our hands, even if the remain game are winnable, unless LFC , CFC or City screw up big time, I don't see any chance of us winning the EPL title.

Commenting after a long hibernation sleep.

I think if arsenal don't get top 4 he should go even if they win the cup it's not working for whatever reasons and hasn't been for a number of years, I think arsenal would be reinvigorated by a new manager and Wenger the same by a new challenge

but then I suppose who do you bring in sometimes it's better the devil you know.....

I do agree. The club seems stale. Ozil, Walcott, Koscielny, Flamini, Wilshere etc out for Wigan will be dangerous.

Wenger likely won't be going anywhere mind you, though I'm rather fed up with a manager who doesn't appear to have the tactical flexibility for the big games. The injury issues are also only going to be solved by a big appointment. I was inclined to give Wenger another season, however if he can't win anything with City, Utd, Spurs, Everton and Chelsea changing managers then I'd rather he just left. It's becoming a version of ground hog day and its very tiresome. It isn't even surprising any more, which for a club Arsenal 's size is a problem. Not least due to the importance of 4th for actually singing players, whether Wenger or whoever else signs them.

Arteta is terrible, all he does is pass the ball side ways, backwards and lose possession in the middle. He needs to be benched, hes slow, he's lightweight and offers nothing. For now and kallstrom should be given a chance. Thank god we have ramsey back, hopefully he will take his place and arteta gets sold in the summerif u watch the game again u will find Martinez stood on the side line for the WHOLE 90 mins, speaking to his players all the time changing tactics during the game etc. there isn't even a seat on the bench for him! then theres Wenger who i didnt see ONCE get up, not once, it's not on. tactics were the same the whole game, he didn't change it. Wenger must leave. and it pains me to say it.

Arteta is a useful player, past his best now. He's overplayed at the moment sadly, played pretty much every game since Wilshere was injured. If the club is to push on he needs a more mobile replacement however.

After years of Wenger saying fourth place is like winning a title, it could be finishing fifth that gets him sacked. Maybe he was right all along.

In 2011 he blamed Van Persie's injury problems on Arsenal's staff, but as we found out he has the same problems now in United.

RVP like diaby are just naturally injury prone but the others in our squad are not and its something to do with the arsenal medical team

Our team was gutted by injuries...so either half the squad are 8njury prone or our physio program sucks.

Seriously tho...walcott, kos, ox, ramsey, wilshere, ozil, gibbs, pods have missed numerous games.

Millions upon millions worth of key players gone missing...it's a miracle we aren't lower on the table.

After years of Wenger saying fourth place is like winning a title, it could be finishing fifth that gets him sacked. Maybe he was right all along.

He has never said it. Reading too much papers instead of going for original source.

In 2011 he blamed Van Persie's injury problems on Arsenal's staff, but as we found out he has the same problems now in United.

Yes now with Moyes who trains his players harder than Fergie did.

Our team was gutted by injuries...so either half the squad are 8njury prone or our physio program sucks.

Seriously tho...walcott, kos, ox, ramsey, wilshere, ozil, gibbs, pods have missed numerous games.

Millions upon millions worth of key players gone missing...it's a miracle we aren't lower on the table.

There might be couple who are more prone to injuries, but our physios do suck. How many set backs we hear from players who are injured. As our youth setup is completely modified in summer I'd like medical department to do the same.

He has never said it. Reading too much papers instead of going for original source.

Not really ... He has always pointed to his record of qualifying for the CL 14 times in a row or whatever as justification whenever a journalist questioned him on his lack of trophies

Not really ... He has always pointed to his record of qualifying for the CL 14 times in a row or whatever as justification whenever a journalist questioned him on his lack of trophies

They mainly questioned him because in their view he didnt take COC seriously by giving youngsters a chance. FA cup on other hand he has taken seriously always, but for some reason we have failed in since was it 2005. But i'd take those CL qualifications over COC any day as those trophies couldn't have put us in the position we are in now. Whoever succeeds Wenger likely in summer will be in position to easily spend 100m to bring the players he needs and thats all thanks to Wenger.

While there might be not as many trophies as there could have been thanks to Wenger we have a state of the art training facilieties and a new stadium wholly financed by ourselves. Something couple other big clubs have tried to do, but failed.

They mainly questioned him because in their view he didnt take COC seriously by giving youngsters a chance. FA cup on other hand he has taken seriously always, but for some reason we have failed in since was it 2005. But i'd take those CL qualifications over COC any day as those trophies couldn't have put us in the position we are in now. Whoever succeeds Wenger likely in summer will be in position to easily spend 100m to bring the players he needs and thats all thanks to Wenger.

While there might be not as many trophies as there could have been thanks to Wenger we have a state of the art training facilieties and a new stadium wholly financed by ourselves. Something couple other big clubs have tried to do, but failed.

And that's a fantastic achievement. But do you not wonder where we'd be/have been if we had a manager who doesn't play plan A every game, with no deviation depending on the opposition. You can't play Liverpool the same way as Bayern, individual quality only goes so far. Other managers are wise to Wenger, when our first XI was good enough we can still win, but better teams? The record speaks for itself. The irony is that 5th may finally be a catalyst of a proper spending push as the club will lose ?35m in prize money, and unfortunately the board isn't ambitious enough or they'd have sorted the physio problem years ago.

And that's a fantastic achievement. But do you not wonder where we'd be/have been if we had a manager who doesn't play plan A every game, with no deviation depending on the opposition. You can't play Liverpool the same way as Bayern, individual quality only goes so far. Other managers are wise to Wenger, when our first XI was good enough we can still win, but better teams? The record speaks for itself. The irony is that 5th may finally be a catalyst of a proper spending push as the club will lose ?35m in prize money, and unfortunately the board isn't ambitious enough or they'd have sorted the physio problem years ago.

I actually dont think we'd be much better. We havent had money to spend and have performed above our spending heavily since moving to Emirates. Looking at top 7 clubs only us, Everton and Spurs havent really "spent" on players in last years.

Last summer was the start of our new financial power and I have no doubt that we will spend big in summer. While board might be unambitious our sponsors wont like it and eventhough board doesnt care about fans they do care about sponsors. Also will be nice to see the reaction if we do finish 5th to a price hike in ticket prices.

I dont know why the physio problem isn't sorted. This has been going on for years and our system attacked by various people so it's really weird that there has been no action.

I actually dont think we'd be much better. We havent had money to spend and have performed above our spending heavily since moving to Emirates. Looking at top 7 clubs only us, Everton and Spurs havent really "spent" on players in last years.

Last summer was the start of our new financial power and I have no doubt that we will spend big in summer. While board might be unambitious our sponsors wont like it and eventhough board doesnt care about fans they do care about sponsors. Also will be nice to see the reaction if we do finish 5th to a price hike in ticket prices.

I dont know why the physio problem isn't sorted. This has been going on for years and our system attacked by various people so it's really weird that there has been no action.

Thing is, we both know this, but money isn't the issue.

When are we going to see more astute tactics and better physio therapy? We've got around 150m of talent injured at the moment.

Back