The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Didn't Remy just get done for drink driving as well?

Remy's alright, but he goes through spells of form severely. If he's not playing well, you might as well keep him out of the side for a few months because he's awful.

Didn't Remy just get done for drink driving as well?

Remy's alright, but he goes through spells of form severely. If he's not playing well, you might as well keep him out of the side for a few months because he's awful.

No I think he was investigated for rape last summer.

Don't know how reliable Portuguese paper O Jogo are but according to them we've had a bid rejected for William Carvalho. We've been linked with a lot of names for that DM position and in the end it will be interesting to see who we end up signing.

The way I see it, if we sign telli, wenger is the one who can handle him...especially at a time in his career where he is most likely to mature (or focus). We buy him for 35 and after two good years and tons of shirt sales we sell him at double or potentially triple what we paid. By then we should have another striker in our club or one on the way in (be it transfer or one of our current players ala Sanogo or afobe).

Kit sales should at least cover his transfer and maybe even contract....so why not?

The way I see it, if we sign telli, wenger is the one who can handle him...especially at a time in his career where he is most likely to mature (or focus). We buy him for 35 and after two good years and tons of shirt sales we sell him at double or potentially triple what we paid. By then we should have another striker in our club or one on the way in (be it transfer or one of our current players ala Sanogo or afobe).

Kit sales should at least cover his transfer and maybe even contract....so why not?

Fee touted around is around 15-16mil (20mil in euros) which would cover the fee Milan paid for him. One of biggest problems for Mario has been racism in Italy and it would get easier here. If the fee is truly around 20mil euros he is worth the risk. As you said shirt sales etc will cover big part of fee. Rather him than Remy for 8,5mil.

I must qualify that most, if not all, of these Balotelli rumours have come from CaughtOffside.

So we can in fact pretty much guarantee they're false.

No, the rumors have started up again after he was pictured with his girlfriend outside the Arsenal Puma store in NYC. If I had a choose of Remy for 8.5m or Balotelli for 15m it's Balotelli all day. Remy has 76 goals in 198 appearances while Balotelli has 66 in 158 appearances. Plus he's younger and more time to improve.

No, the rumors have started up again after he was pictured with his girlfriend outside the Arsenal Puma store in NYC. If I had a choose of Remy for 8.5m or Balotelli for 15m it's Balotelli all day. Remy has 76 goals in 198 appearances while Balotelli has 66 in 158 appearances. Plus he's younger and more time to improve.

No, that's when the pictures of him outside the puma store started to surface. A nothing story for nothing journalists.

Balotelli to Arsenal started when Puma became kit manufacturers, it hit a peak just before the world cup and then died down. AC then came out and said Balotelli was staying, and any interested clubs had withdrawn after Italy's poor showing. The deal, if one ever existed, was dead. You know when newspapers, usually so adept at flogging a dead horse, stop writing about something - it's definitely over.

This latest rumour has come out of NOWHERE, because of what has happened previously. And anywhere reporting it references caughtoffside as the source.

I just had to read three words in that article to know the deal won't happen, "third party ownership" we don't deal with that. One of the reasons why we didn't sign Bernard last summer was TPO.

Yes we were linked with him during the WC due to Puma being our manufacturers but it died down very quickly. We moved on and signed Sanchez. Balotelli was vacationing in NYC this past week when the photos were taken. After they started being published we were linked with him again. Caughtoffside has nothing to do with it as it was mentioned on BBC sports gossip page.

Caught Offside might be first here, but it's widely known Milan want Jackson Martinez and are willing to sacrifice Balotelli.

Ospina done deal apparently, flying in tomorrow for medical and signing of contract. Fee £3,2mil which is a bargain.

Sources: SSN & Nice-Matin.

Back