The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Khedira is a greedy ****, why does he think he merits such high wages?

Probably because he a champs league & world cup winner, tho i like lars bender & think he's got far more potential

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Khedira was underpaid, if that sounds right, during his time at Real Madrid. So was di Maria too. Both key players to the squad and the club don't even think about offering them better wages.

Lars is like 3 yrs younger than Khedira and prolly the better option if we are worried about the player ages, also more versatile too. Can play as fullback.

I'm fan of Aurier, but Debuchy is great signing and a different, more offensive player than Sagna so it'll be interesting to see him. Also his age leaves space for Bellerín/Jenkinson or Tafari Moore (playes for England U17).

Happy with Debuchy. If we get Ospina and maybe Remy I'll be even happier. Still think we should also be looking at centre back to potentially replace Vermaelen.

Happy with Debuchy. If we get Ospina and maybe Remy I'll be even happier. Still think we should also be looking at centre back to potentially replace Vermaelen.

Ospina seems to be a question of when we complete the deal rather than if we complete it. Remy deal is seemingly looking dead probably due to his wage demands. And we probably are looking at another CB. I've read that Wenger wants someone signed up before letting Vermaelen leave. I think Wenger is probably prioritizing a DM though.

Ospina seems to be a question of when we complete the deal rather than if we complete it. Remy deal is seemingly looking dead probably due to his wage demands. And we probably are looking at another CB. I've read that Wenger wants someone signed up before letting Vermaelen leave. I think Wenger is probably prioritizing a DM though.

Yeah if rumours are true we are only willing to let Vermaelen go to Utd if we get Smalling in return. Most likely not going to happen. No real problem in keeping Vermaelen for next season and letting go on free after especially if we get some younger CB prospect like Rodrigo Caio in.

R u mental, a donkey has more use than smalling, vermaelen is million times better

R u mental, a donkey has more use than smalling, vermaelen is million times better

Ohhhh.. another one who has never seen him play as CB and judges him on his games where he has been played as full-back. *Clap clap*

Who are you talking to? No one said they wanted Smalling. Quasit said he'd potentially be involved in a swap, but it probably wouldn't happen.

I hope not, being an arsenal fan with a wife who supports united I have seen both play ample times and Smalling isn't premier league quality, wouldn't be surprised to see Vermaelen leave he deserves first team football, but a swap for Smalling would be a step backwards.

Give Smalling a run of games at CB and he'll be better than Vermealen, no way in a million years United are going to give him as part of any deal so mayswell end conversation now.

I hope not, being an arsenal fan with a wife who supports united I have seen both play ample times and Smalling isn't premier league quality, wouldn't be surprised to see Vermaelen leave he deserves first team football, but a swap for Smalling would be a step backwards.

Proves my point, hardly ever played at CB so you haven't watched him properly at all, been constantly used as FB for United.

He makes bad decisions, when he has played centre back he never looks confident, but irrespective of playing position he has a poor touch, isn't overly strong or pacy. It's only my opinion, but any player who can't fit into united first team should not be on our radar, we should be looking for players to improve the squad and in my opinion Smalling is a weaker player (in any position) than Vermaelen.

He makes bad decisions, when he has played centre back he never looks confident, but irrespective of playing position he has a poor touch, isn't overly strong or pacy. It's only my opinion, but any player who can't fit into united first team should not be on our radar, we should be looking for players to improve the squad and in my opinion Smalling is a weaker player (in any position) than Vermaelen.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, I think fans of both teams will agree to disagree. Like I think Cleverley is better than Ramsay, that's why we should do a straight swap. However we'll keep Smalling and you can keep hold of Vermealen.

Sounds much fairer deal I think.

Back