The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
60million spent and whilst good signings, it still seems the positions you needed have not been brought

Disagree with that to be honest. I think we have done well and we only need a dm now and were sorted.

CB still seems vulnerable, as does CDM and you still need a striker - Giroud and Sanchez (Who is not a natural striker) are not enough

If you asked me before the summer where do Arsenal need to improve the most, CDM and ST would be a must and neither have been brought as of yet

A guy on twitter made a good point. We seem to be signing hybrid type players. Players that can play multiple positions and fit into multiple formations. I feel this season we won't just rely on the usual 4-2-3-1 we try and play and could change formations at any moment in games. As for not strengthening in the areas we need, I wouldn't rule out a move for either Khedira or Schneiderlin however not sure about striker I mean we will have Giroud, Sanchez maybe, Walcott, Podolski and Campbell that can fill in if we don't loan him out.

I think Campbell coming back and being given a chance is probably the reason we aren't buying any other forward. A CDM has to be the next signing though. As for CB, I'm pretty sure we must be looking at targets given the Vermaelen situation. Overall its pretty pleasing to see Wenger getting the business done early on rather than wait till the last minute.

The reason we haven't brought in a striker is that there isn't any that would be better than Giroud that we have a realistic shot at.

What are people's predictions for the match? I'm going to go 3-1 with Thierry scoring NY's goal.

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Hayden, Monreal, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Zelalem, Ramsey, Cazorla, Rosicky

No striker so I'm guessing someone is playing as a false nine probably Cazorla. Will be good to see Zelalem in action. Got very high hopes for that kid.

CB still seems vulnerable, as does CDM and you still need a striker - Giroud and Sanchez (Who is not a natural striker) are not enough

If you asked me before the summer where do Arsenal need to improve the most, CDM and ST would be a must and neither have been brought as of yet

CB is only vulnerable if Vermaelen goes and Wenger has said that all outgoing players will be replaced. CDM is still a target for us and with net spend of around 40m there's still plenty available.

I think lot depends if Campbell convinces Wenger in training and up coming Emirates Cup. If not then probably will try to do deal with Milan for Balotelli.

Sanchez isn't natural striker, but he can play there.

Didn't Wenger convert Henry into a striker? We all know how good he became.

Sanchez has never played well as a STR that I can remember for Udinese or Barca when he played there, is a much better wide player. Think Arsene would defo like to bring in another STR. Sanchez will look forward to watching him this season tho!

Sanchez did play a lot of game as a striker for Udinese; but not in the typical fashion.

He played with Di Natale, and both sort of played as second-strikers up front. Udinese back then were a very good team and played in a very interesting way.

I don't doubt Sanchez could play as our centre-forward. Afterall, Theo Walcott managed it once or twice, and he's not half as strong, composed or skillful as Sanchez.

Back