The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Just saw a tweet from Graeme Bailey that Hull City have submitted £3m bid for Carl Jenkinson. It's either A) testing waters or B) encouraged by us that he's available.

IF we do allow him to go I'd expect that there would be a buy back and profit on future fee clauses in the deal bit similar to what we did with Carlos Vela & Cesc.

Just saw a tweet from Graeme Bailey that Hull City have submitted £3m bid for Carl Jenkinson. It's either A) testing waters or B) encouraged by us that he's available.

IF we do allow him to go I'd expect that there would be a buy back and profit on future fee clauses in the deal bit similar to what we did with Carlos Vela & Cesc.

3M would be pretty less for someone with decent potential and on a long term contract. But it might make more sense if, similar to Carlos Vela, there was an equally low buyback fee.

3m for Jenkinson? That seems awfully low: he looked solid whenever I watched him. Did I miss him playing really badly last year or something?

Hmm, he was bought for something like 200k, so it represents a profit. I think it's more that he is a solid defender but Chambers is just better, probably 3m with a buyback put in - either that, or Jenkinson is seen as part of the bargain basement signing brigade which didn't work out and is being moved out of the club.

3M would be pretty less for someone with decent potential and on a long term contract. But it might make more sense if, similar to Carlos Vela, there was an equally low buyback fee.

Only way I can see it happening is indeed with clauses especially at that price. Still I hope it's only loan to Hull or WHU and then we'll see. Could sell him after the loan for similar or higher fee as he's on long deal.

Ideally I'd like another striker as well but Wenger is probably now targeting a DM and a CB if Vermaelen goes. It's been a good window so far though and the fact that we've moved early is also pleasing.

Hmm, he was bought for something like 200k, so it represents a profit. I think it's more that he is a solid defender but Chambers is just better, probably 3m with a buyback put in - either that, or Jenkinson is seen as part of the bargain basement signing brigade which didn't work out and is being moved out of the club.

Or maybe Bellerin has impressed Wenger enough. That's what I think if Corporal actually goes permanently.

Ideally I'd like another striker as well but Wenger is probably now targeting a DM and a CB if Vermaelen goes. It's been a good window so far though and the fact that we've moved early is also pleasing.

Saw rumour we are interested in Jackson Martinez for 30m euros. Someone like him and Khedira/Carvalho and we are really strong.

Been a while since I've posted, but I think with this transfer window going the way it has I should probably put an end to that.

Loved the business done so far, and if we bring in Khedira/Bender/Schneiderlin, I will be over the moon. It'll be our best transfer window for as long as I can remember.

Been a while since I've posted, but I think with this transfer window going the way it has I should probably put an end to that.

Loved the business done so far, and if we bring in Khedira/Bender/Schneiderlin, I will be over the moon. It'll be our best transfer window for as long as I can remember.

There might a "madness" there in the mix. Midfielder and Vermaelen replacement (Schär linked now) if/when he goes and then possibly a striker.

Chamberlain = Gibbs, Chambers = Chambo. Or we could just call them 2 Chambz :D

Also i'm not too worried about if Schneiderlin goes to Spurs, we are obviously in for someone better if that is the case. Could easily see us signing one of Khedira, Carvalho or Pogba. Seems Juve have brought in a couple more midfielders. Schar would be a good buy as well for us.

Tony Leen who's been pretty reliable all summer said : "One more big one from Arsenal. Question is, from Italy or Portugal?"- @TonyLeen

Jenkinson's heading out to West Ham on a season-long loan. I think his preference was to stay in London. Its a good move for him as he should get some much needed regular game time.

Also, apparently our scout was present at the Basel - Luzern friendly couple of days back. We could have been watching Schar and considering that Basel signed Walter Samuel, they might consider letting Schar leave this summer.

Back