The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Jenkinson's heading out to West Ham on a season-long loan. I think his preference was to stay in London. Its a good move for him as he should get some much needed regular game time.

Also, apparently our scout was present at the Basel - Luzern friendly couple of days back. We could have been watching Schar and considering that Basel signed Walter Samuel, they might consider letting Schar leave this summer.
Would be great Vermaelen replacement If true. Also likely cheaper and on lower wages which would free up funds for a possible striker signing.

Has there been any rumours about selling Coquelin & Ryo ? Havent seen any myself.

We're looking at Douglas Costa from Shakhtar. A lot of foreign players in the Ukrainian league want to leave due to the political situation, and a couple of weeks ago around five players from Shakhtar (I seem to remember Costa was one of them) and a couple of players from another team refused to return to training.

We're looking at Douglas Costa from Shakhtar. A lot of foreign players in the Ukrainian league want to leave due to the political situation, and a couple of weeks ago around five players from Shakhtar (I seem to remember Costa was one of them) and a couple of players from another team refused to return to training.

Fred is available. :P

Bttm3UmIEAA3LQw.jpg

Shad Forysthe working his magic although the players don't look too happy lol.

Arsenal transfer news: Arsenal made a mistake signing Alexis Sanchez says Mikael Silvestre | Metro News

Who asked for Silvestre's opinion? This is Michael Ballack saying we "ruined" Ozil all over again.

I don't agree with what Silvestre says here TBH.

"They already have that type of player- sharp, quick"

Well, yes that's because those players suit Arsenal's style. Also just because two players are both short and quick, doesn't mean they are the same type of player. He compares Sanchez to Carzola who plays a completely different role.

It's like saying Barcelona shouldn't buy any more short players who are exceptionally good passers of the ball, because they already have those. But of course they should because those players are vital to the system.

Wow, this has almost turned into a rant and I'm not even an Arsenal fan.

Reports from Columbia claim Arsenal are close to signing Juan Fernando Quintero from Porto

Because thats exactly what Arsenal need, another attacking midfielder haha

Reports from Columbia claim Arsenal are close to signing Juan Fernando Quintero from Porto

Because thats exactly what Arsenal need, another attacking midfielder haha

Imagine if United and Arsenal combined to make a team of attacking mids, holy ****.

I am 99% sure when he was signed they inserted a 40m euros release clause, the Guardian and Telegraph reported this at the time. Would be to much imo atm, was not even regular for Porto last season.

I am 99% sure when he was signed they inserted a 40m euros release clause, the Guardian and Telegraph reported this at the time. Would be to much imo atm, was not even regular for Porto last season.

Reported for 20m euros. Dunno how true.

Porto have signed Oliver Torres (on loan albeit), Brahimi, Adrian Lopez, Cristian Tello (again on loan), so it might not be entirely out of the question that they consider selling Quintero. All speculation for the time being.....but exciting speculation nonetheless. :)

Cant see that being true especially when it comes to Porto. Don't you guys need a DM and STR more importantly ?

STR no as I think Wenger intends to use Walcott and Sanchez more up top this season. DM yes and I think we will sign one. Our net spend is somewhere around 35-45m if I remember correctly so there's quite lot to spend still.

Back