The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Who are everyone's choices for starting 11 against City in CS?

For me it's Szczesny, Debuchy, Chambers, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey, Campbell, Rosicky, Chamberlain and Sanchez
Subs: Martinez, Bellerin, Monreal, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla and Giroud.

Pretty much that except switch Rosicky and Cazorla. I want to see how Cazorla plays behind Sanchez.

So far I have been impressed with Chambers. Little disappointed in Jack since world cup. Giroud in his start didn't look as creative or play the target man as well as Sanogo or Campbell.

Sanchez is a hustler and I love it. Put him on the field with walcott and the amount of opportunities will sky rocket.

Benik Afobe has gone on loan to MK Dons, and Dan Crowley has signed a professional contract.

Arsenal target William Carvalho as doubts emerge over £50m move for Real Madrid's Sami Khedira - Telegraph

Telegraph running the story gives me hope that we might actually pull the Carvalho deal off. What a beast he would be sitting alongside Rambo.

Financially more sound move as eventhough we are pretty loaded its good to keep some reserves for future signings. Next summer we need at least start to look at a new lb to replace Monreal, preferably british.

It pains me to say it, but I'm struggling to think of any decent left backs. Except Shaw, but he's obviously unavailable.

It pains me to say it, but I'm struggling to think of any decent left backs. Except Shaw, but he's obviously unavailable.

There will always be new prospects surfacing. Gibbs will be number one for years to come, but need someone to challenge him as I doubt Monreal is open to staying after this season if he spends as much on the bench as last season especially with interest in him from Spain.

If Wenger really wants Khedira, now's his chance. It seems Madrid aren't happy with the fact that he's refused a new deal so that he can leave next year and want him gone.

Back