The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
4-0 with Sanogo hat trick. Well that's it ketchup bottle opened. Could be useful this season if he can keep it up.

Hector Bellerin has been so impressive!

Joel Campbell looks amazing.

Aaron Ramsey's first season wasn't a dream. This season will be the pinch I believe. AHHHHHH. So excited to see Alexis given Arsene's recent comments about deploying him as striker mainly.

Its actually quite depressing seeing this Benfica side - Southampton all over again but without any viable replacements signed

Its actually quite depressing seeing this Benfica side - Southampton all over again but without any viable replacements signed

Agreed. What a shame to see a team playing like they played last season is this shape.

The only replacements that i've seen are that can make 1st team are Cesar and Talisca.

But, as this is an Arsenal thread, go United! :D

Benfica has been stripped of it's better players and Enzo and Gaitan might be going too, congratulations to our corrupt president. Plus the signings have dubious quality at best. Our only hope is Jesus working a miracle.

Yep. DM is the guaranteed signing and the second signing is probably dependent on Vermaelen's future. I was hoping he'd consider signing another striker but Sanogo scoring four today didn't help lol.

Yep. DM is the guaranteed signing and the second signing is probably dependent on Vermaelen's future. I was hoping he'd consider signing another striker but Sanogo scoring four today didn't help lol.

Shame that Sanogo looked like he did his hammy. Hopefully not badly.

A fully fit Sanchez, Walcott, and Campbell in the same team is jizzworthy. All that pace combined with Ozil and Rambo's through balls.....****!

I'm very happy for Sanogo. It's about time he got some goals under his belt while in an Arsenal shirt. Should do his confidence a world of good, but it's a shame about his injury.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day out at the Cathedral of Silence.

Sanogo put in the worst four-goal performance I've ever seen, but then again the Benfica defence was truly shocking. Even when the ball was at the other end they were attempting to play an offside trap with one defender about two yards behind the other.

It took Alexis coming on for anyone other than the lone Benfica fan at the top of the stadium to make some noise, but predictably that went a little far. My personal favourite was Alexis nearly tripping over the ball and the entire stadium rising in applause of their glorious leader.

Bellerin looked good, Campbell worked hard, Chambers did okay. Not sure how much Arsenal can take away from this performance against this Benfica side but the scoreline will have done good things for confidence I guess.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day out at the Cathedral of Silence.

Sanogo put in the worst four-goal performance I've ever seen, but then again the Benfica defence was truly shocking. Even when the ball was at the other end they were attempting to play an offside trap with one defender about two yards behind the other.

It took Alexis coming on for anyone other than the lone Benfica fan at the top of the stadium to make some noise, but predictably that went a little far. My personal favourite was Alexis nearly tripping over the ball and the entire stadium rising in applause of their glorious leader.

Bellerin looked good, Campbell worked hard, Chambers did okay. Not sure how much Arsenal can take away from this performance against this Benfica side but the scoreline will have done good things for confidence I guess.

I think Sanogo did alright. Had some not so good moments and some better. 3rd goal was pretty well taken and we know even tap ins aren't as easy as they look, just ask Torres. Benfica started better, but then defensively were worse than I expected.

Result is good as we only started 2 of our expected first 11 players. Wenger summed it up quit well that we can't take any conclusions out of the game, but still was positive day for us.

New reports have us linked with Arbeloa. Wouldn't be a bad signing despite his age, he can play in both full back positions. However, if he were to make the move he would probably limit Chambers' game time.

Edit: We have also apparently agreed a deal for William Carvalho.

Last edited:
All this thing of Arbeloa is a lie. Like Casillas, it's all bullshit from their agents who want to put pressure on Real Madrid.

Back