The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
It is now being reported that we're going to fight United for Hummels if he becomes available. It seems we've become the new United this window, being linked with anyone and everyone. However, Hummels would be a very good signing. Particularly with our growing German contingent. Also, it looks like Khedira has no interest in joining us and is happy to run down his contract and join Chelsea on a free next year.

Last edited:
Starting: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Arteta, Wilshere, Giroud, Ramsey, Sanchez, Monreal, Cazorla, Chambers.

Subs: Ox, Flamini, Coquelin, Zelalem, Akpom, Bellerin, Hayden, Martinez, Miquel.

Been pretty disappointed so far seeing as this is very close to Arsenal's starting XI - It is pre-season though I suppose

Why would we want anyone of the khedira ilk, player wise he isn't bad but anybody from the likes of real and barca are going to want stupid money. Khedira reportedly would become our highest paid player if we gave him what he wanted, he certainly ain't worth that.

Todays match has been disappointing so far, Sanchez looks fantastic until he releases the ball, dont think he has completed a pass yet, Chambers looks pretty good. Everyone else been a bit blah! Michael Owen is still the worst bit about the game, repeats himself lots, talks utter nonsense (Sanchez hit the first man and he blamed it on Giroud's pace, moron) and sounds like he constantly has a toffee in his mouth.

Why would we want anyone of the khedira ilk, player wise he isn't bad but anybody from the likes of real and barca are going to want stupid money. Khedira reportedly would become our highest paid player if we gave him what he wanted, he certainly ain't worth that.

Todays match has been disappointing so far, Sanchez looks fantastic until he releases the ball, dont think he has completed a pass yet, Chambers looks pretty good. Everyone else been a bit blah! Michael Owen is still the worst bit about the game, repeats himself lots, talks utter nonsense (Sanchez hit the first man and he blamed it on Giroud's pace, moron) and sounds like he constantly has a toffee in his mouth.

Khedira's coming last year of his contract. Price somewhere around 20m and dropping by the minute as Real are trying to sell. Last reports he wants wage in around 130k which isn't too bad.

Alexis has had 1 training session with us and it shows a bit.

His movement and touch is fantastic just trying a little too much with final ball. There are better players than khedira out there that you could get for half that wage wise. Bender would be higher on my list

His movement and touch is fantastic just trying a little too much with final ball. There are better players than khedira out there that you could get for half that wage wise. Bender would be higher on my list

People keep on talking about Bender, but fail to know what he has himself said. He was not happy with his last season and thinks he doesn't deserve and isn't ready for big move yet. I think it's going to be either Khedira or Carvalho.

Khedira's a better player than Bender.

When Arsenal put out a near full strength side i thought the result was a near formality.. Just the £70 Arsenal have let me down

When Arsenal put out a near full strength side i thought the result was a near formality.. Just the £70 Arsenal have let me down
He is, but I wonder what exactly Wenger wants in that role, because they are different players. Does he want an anchor for Ramsey, or a second more disciplined runner?

He is, but I wonder what exactly Wenger wants in that role, because they are different players. Does he want an anchor for Ramsey, or a second more disciplined runner?

Cool quoting bro.

Bless. GodCubed and Mike. are like the footballing version of the stereotypical married couple lol

Bless. GodCubed and Mike. are like the footballing version of the stereotypical married couple lol

"Why don't you take me out any more?"

"I'm writing a detailed report on the finances of Coventry City in Football Manager 2014, that's ******* why"

Back