The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
When Wenger was asked about who his alternatives to Giroud were, the first name he mentioned was ... Yaya Sanogo

and concluded that he's open to signing if signing is better than players he has.

Why do Arsenal always do this? Leave key business till deadline day, it's a mystery to me.

Everyone and his uncle has known you needed a DM and ST yet it hasn't been done?

Why do Arsenal always do this? Leave key business till deadline day, it's a mystery to me.

Everyone and his uncle has known you needed a DM and ST yet it hasn't been done?

If they signed a natural DM and a prolific ST they would be a real threat to the title as the rest of their side is very strong

I say the same every year

If they signed a natural DM and a prolific ST they would be a real threat to the title as the rest of their side is very strong

I say the same every year

Yes, without these signings I think they'll be like normal, eventually they'll drop out of top 4 if they don't address these issues, this season is more competitive than ever.

Yes, without these signings I think they'll be like normal, eventually they'll drop out of top 4 if they don't address these issues, this season is more competitive than ever.

People have said that about us ever since we lost Fabregas and Nasri to be honest. With Dortmund very close to the signing of Shinji Kagawa anyone think we can go back in for Marco Reus? Would be just like us to do that last minute big deal. Really just want to see us sign Carvalho and another forward.

People have said that about us ever since we lost Fabregas and Nasri to be honest. With Dortmund very close to the signing of Shinji Kagawa anyone think we can go back in for Marco Reus? Would be just like us to do that last minute big deal. Really just want to see us sign Carvalho and another forward.
Reus wont leave this year him and club have said this. Dout there is time to pull of Carvalho deal. Expect both to leave next summer though. You defo need a DM and STR.

To be fair though, their have been seasons where you got into the Top 4 by the skin of your teeth

I think we got decent chance on Carvalho, but no chance on Reus this summer at least.

I'm hoping we're already in negotiations for Carvalho but the complicated third-party ownership is the one holding up the deal. Fingers crossed we pull that one off. At least he'll be able to cover both DM and CB if he signs. I'll disappointed if we end the window without signing an out and out striker though...someone like Destro or Paco Alcacer would be so perfect.

I'm hoping we're already in negotiations for Carvalho but the complicated third-party ownership is the one holding up the deal. Fingers crossed we pull that one off. At least he'll be able to cover both DM and CB if he signs. I'll disappointed if we end the window without signing an out and out striker though...someone like Destro or Paco Alcacer would be so perfect.
Paco Alcacer just bout to sign new long term contract. And Carvalho will be all but impossible for the reason you stated and other things, its why we pulled out on Friday even with our good relationship with Sporting and his agent Mendes. Destro would cost a mint now from Roma.

Reported Arsenal target Alessio Cerci will undergo medical at Athletico Madrid tomorrow ahead of his move. Sky Italia.

Maybe. How do you know if Arsene is being so hush this window. Could of been an option, plus Di Marzio for Sky Italia is usually spot on.

Usually but this summer not so much Di Marzio.

Arsene said himself in a press conference that we need to be secretive and active on deadline day.

also Cerci is more of a wide player if I remember right.

Maybe. How do you know if Arsene is being so hush this window. Could of been an option, plus Di Marzio for Sky Italia is usually spot on.

Di Marzio isn't spot on all the time. He reported Caulker to Everton and Shaqiri to Liverpool FFS. Logically there couldn't have been interest in another wide attacking player, which is what Cerci is, given all our options.

Di Marzio isn't spot on all the time. He reported Caulker to Everton and Shaqiri to Liverpool FFS. Logically there couldn't have been interest in another wide attacking player, which is what Cerci is, given all our options.
I said usually. And the other 2 you mentioned were also mentioned by other sources as well. All im saying is that you were linked with him.

Starting XI: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Sanogo
Subs: Martinez, Chambers, Rosicky, Campbell, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski

Back