The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
We were simply run off the pitch.

Fought against man city a few days before then a trip to Dortmund? Any team in the world would struggle at that task.

With that said...Welbeck looked like Giroud 2.0. Playing Ozil in front of Hector was a tactical mistake. Arteta...ugh. Defense is ravaged. Ozil....would prefer cazorla easily.

January deals have to be done or we will be lucky to qualify for champ league qualifier....

Is Ospina the new Fabianski? From what I can tell from the pictures the club post on Facebook, he's been performing well in training and seems to get along with everyone. He deserves a chance at least. And it looks like Podolski and Rosicky are becoming the forgotten men, but still Poldi's always got a smile on his face.

What's happened to Ozil? He's scored one and assisted Welbeck's goal. I'm sure finally getting on the score sheet will do Welbeck the world of good.

Ozil in middle allows him to play his type of counter game. His creativity exploits space especially when a teammate pulls a defender out of position.

I'm certain Welbeck goal would have been fluffed by Giroud.

That was probably the least convincing 3-0 win I've ever seen, but a 3-0 win it is nonetheless. You all needed that after your run of form.

Other than Khedira, Bender and Carvalho which other defensive minded midfielders would you guys be happy with? Maybe Khedira shouldn't be associated with that description, because I wouldn't necessarily say he's defensive minded.

Last edited:
Ozil, Ramsey, Wiltshire, Sanchez, Ox, Cazorla

More players wanting to play number 10 than United. Difference is at least you have a half decent defence so you've only got to worry about squeezing 6 players into 3 positions rather than all the problems at the back Utd have to deal with too. Welbeck will do well given a run of games. He's what you need really, as good as Giroud at all the ugly stuff, but much more mobile.

Coquelin's playing at left back. Chambers and Hayden is our central partnership. Diaby started the game, always good to see him playing. And Ospina is FINALLY getting his chance in goal.

Arsenal Vs Southampton Reaction
Arsenal were sent crashing out of the Capital One Cup in the third round after a 2-1 home defeat to Southampton.

Arteta going off. Not sure what's happened but commentators seem to think it's thigh strain.

Back