The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I am so happy for Welbz. Doesn't get a fair chance at United. Manager derides him as not being good enough. Fans continue targeting him as a poor finisher who will never be good up front. He let's his performances do the talking and shuts everyone up. England have a wonderful option at centre-forward if Welbeck keeps going like this

So far .... Welbeck 4 Falcao 0

I am so happy for Welbz. Doesn't get a fair chance at United. Manager derides him as not being good enough. Fans continue targeting him as a poor finisher who will never be good up front. He let's his performances do the talking and shuts everyone up. England have a wonderful option at centre-forward if Welbeck keeps going like this

So far .... Welbeck 4 Falcao 0
So much **** in this post.

Really? Which part? Care to elaborate?

The part where fans deride him as a poor finisher. Load of bollocks. Finishing is a weakness of his but one that he has always been improving on. As has been said many times before, when he plays consistently up front he is a threat. he rarely got that at United. When he did last season for 9 games, he scored 7 goals.

If anything its been United fans for years pointing out his qualities and defending his england selection etc.

He is ******* loved in Manchester overall, to argue anything else is ***** frankly. He's a Longsight lad who grew up watching the stadium from his window. A rarity in football today.

Sorry, but you literally have no idea about United fans and their deep love of Welbeck overall. Pretty much everyone knew he had to leave for the benefit of his career.

Oh and as for manager not giving him a chance. Incorrect, Welbeck wanted to leave from May. He's been unhappy for a year

Last edited:
The part where fans deride him as a poor finisher. Load of bollocks. Finishing is a weakness of his but one that he has always been improving on.

If anything its been United fans for years pointing out his qualities and defending his england selection etc.

He is ******* loved in Manchester, to argue anything else is ***** frankly.

Sorry, but you literally have no idea about United fans and their deep love of Welbeck overall. Pretty much everyone knew he had to leave for the benefit of his career.

Oh and as for manager not giving him a chance. Incorrect, Welbeck wanted to leave from May. He's been unhappy for a year

1. Really? Do I actually have to go and dig up the quotes by people like TheatreofDreams calling him a poor finisher?

2. Right up until the point he started for playing for Arsenal I suppose. Any fan would defend a player from his own team. I really don't understand the point here on bit

3. Stop twisting what I said. I said fans derided him as a poor finisher. I didn't say they ******* hate him

4. Again you are putting words in my mouth. I never once said that they hated him. All I said was that he got called a poor finisher by them and he has shut them up

5. Why was he unhappy? Oh because the manager be it Moyes or LVG didn't want to play him at CF

Conveniently ignored the part where I said that LVG derided Welbeck as not being up to the standard

1. Really? Do I actually have to go and dig up the quotes by people like TheatreofDreams calling him a poor finisher?

2. Right up until the point he started for playing for Arsenal I suppose. Any fan would defend a player from his own team. I really don't understand the point here on bit

3. Stop twisting what I said. I said fans derided him as a poor finisher. I didn't say they ******* hate him

4. Again you are putting words in my mouth. I never once said that they hated him. All I said was that he got called a poor finisher by them and he has shut them up

5. Why was he unhappy? Oh because the manager be it Moyes or LVG didn't want to play him at CF

Conveniently ignored the part where I said that LVG derided Welbeck as not being up to the standard

Er he is a relatively poor finisher at times. One good game doesnt change that. What he needs to do is do it consistently, which he is capable of if he gets a consistent run at CF

Wrong, he's still well loved despite being at Arsenal, he's going to get a massive reception back at OT.

he hasnt shut them up, hes just shown some of his better United form. THIS IS WHAT WE'VE SAID HE IS CAPABLE OF. Stop pretending like United fans dont rate him. Many are annoyed we sold him.. he will shut up his critics when he does it over a season. This is what he needs to learn to.

didnt ignore it. he wanted to leave long before LVG said that, wasnt really relevant

And actually he's been annoyed since under Ferguson, who didnt keep his promise to play him up front regularly

Last edited:
What happens if he doesnt score for the next three games. Does it suddenly make him **** again?

No it just means hes inconsistent, thats his weakness. As most United fans have said, play him centrally and up front conisistently and he will get better. I'd put money on him getting 25 goals in all comps if he stays up front.

What happens if he doesnt score for the next three games. Does it suddenly make him **** again?

No it just means hes inconsistent, thats his weakness. As most United fans have said, play him centrally and up front conisistently and he will get better. I'd put money on him getting 25 goals in all comps if he stays up front.

I dont know. I heard quite a few, including people on here, who said he is a poor finisher who won't improve much and hence, won't make a good CF.

Scoring a hat trick doesnt suddenly make you a great finisher. Consistently bagging goals over a season does.

Bendtner once scored a CL hat trick, is he a great finisher?

I dont know. I heard quite a few, including people on here, who said he is a poor finisher who won't improve much and hence, won't make a good CF.

Then perhaps you shouldnt make sweeping statements from one game. His ability in one game isnt really the issue, but do it time and again in a season. That is his next big step

Er he is a relatively poor finisher at times. One good game doesnt change that. What he needs to do is do it consistently, which he is capable of if he gets a consistent run at CF

Wrong, he's still well loved despite being at Arsenal, he's going to get a massive reception back at OT.

he hasnt shut them up, hes just shown some of his better United form. THIS IS WHAT WE'VE SAID HE IS CAPABLE OF. Stop pretending like United fans dont rate him. Many are annoyed we sold him.. he will shut up his critics when he doesnt it over a season. This is what he needs to learn to.

didnt ignore it. he wanted to leave long before LVG said that, wasnt really relevant

And actually he's been annoyed since under Ferguson, who didnt keep his promise to play him up front regularly

1. Exactly. But some fans were content to dismiss him as a poor finisher who won't improve much and thus should be let go

2. Good for him. Again I never said he was hated by United fans

3. Only the sensible ones rate him as they should. I have seen countless times how he was called a poor finisher who is simply not good enough. I don't see how such a judgement can be passed without even him getting a run of games

4. Nonetheless, LVG took a potshot at him and I am glad his performances on the pitch are showing that he would slot into the United team easily

Then perhaps you shouldnt make sweeping statements from one game. His ability in one game isnt really the issue, but do it time and again in a season. That is his next big step

And how can he prove that unless he gets a run of games? As I said, many United fans were content to dismiss him as a poor finisher who wouldn't be good enough at CF but he is shutting them up with his play so far

And how can he prove that unless he gets a run of games? As I said, many United fans were content to dismiss him as a poor finisher who wouldn't be good enough at CF but he is shutting them up with his play so far

Nope many United fans said he was a poor finisher (correct) who needed to play at CF to improve, which he wasnt getting.

The idea that its about United fans is bollocks, thats what vanjagl was getting at. Most of his critics are outside of OT. So I have no idea why you mention United fans in this like they are the enemy

Scoring a hat trick doesnt suddenly make you a great finisher. Consistently bagging goals over a season does.

Bendtner once scored a CL hat trick, is he a great finisher?

Bendtner always had potential :P

Point is that United fans were content to point out his weakness when he left. But he will only improve on his finishing if he gets a run of games and I am so happy he is showing those same people what they are missing

Bendtner always had potential :P

Point is that United fans were content to point out his weakness when he left. But he will only improve on his finishing if he gets a run of games and I am so happy he is showing those same people what they are missing
Your point is horribly incorrect. Its something thats been pointed out for years, you seem to be totally missing or ignoring this. The fact that you think its about United fans is rubbish frankly. The last 2-3 years, the vast majority of his critics are non United fans. particularly England fans. Yet you seem to think its United fans. **** arsenal fans spent the last two years shredding him till he popped at their club

Nope many United fans said he was a poor finisher (correct) who needed to play at CF to improve, which he wasnt getting.

The idea that its about United fans is bollocks, thats what vanjagl was getting at. Most of his critics are outside of OT. So I have no idea why you mention United fans in this like they are the enemy

Eh ... All I mentioned was that United fans called him a poor finished who wouldn't make it as a top class striker. Something which you agree with. Not many actually called for him getting a run of games because they made up their minds that won't be good as a striker. I am just happy he is shutting so same people up now

Eh ... All I mentioned was that United fans called him a poor finished who wouldn't make it as a top class striker. Something which you agree with. Not many actually called for him getting a run of games because they made up their minds that won't be good as a striker. I am just happy he is shutting so same people up now
Bollocks, most called for him to get a run. Woah and just what did I agree with exactly? Since i backed him to score 25 this season.

The first thing you did was take a pop at United fans, despite the fact he got far more flak from other top club supporters, including your own.

Just watched MOTD. Oh dear poor Danny with another poor miss.

Story of his life unfortunately ...

I was bit dissapionted that Welbeck went to start off with but not to fussed now tbh! Would rather the players we have now up top than Welbeck at the end of the day the STR main job is to score goals simple as, and Welbeck will never be a top finisher in my eyes anyway. If we don't get in the top 4 it wont be for the fact that we sold Welbeck to Arsenal, he wont make the difference like when we signed RVP from them!

What I found after a 2 second search

What I found after a 2 second search

It was a poor miss. he missed 3 sitters that game, hence another poor miss

Every man and his dog said that. Arsenal fans said the same, so did chelsea fans. Or are you simply only picking United fans to make your argument

That actually reinforces my point. That he needs to do it consistently from game to game. That's his weakness. You've done the classic kneejerk thing after a hat trick while missing the point thats its about a season not a game with Welbeck.

Last edited:
Back