The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Di Maria swings his elbow in front of ref and no red card???? But Giroud gets yellow for getting choked by rooney??? WTF

Wilshere gets nothing for a headbutt. I'd keep quiet about reffing decisions if I were you.

Wilshere gets nothing for a headbutt. I'd keep quiet about reffing decisions if I were you.

Mike Dean's decisions were poor all over the place, for both teams.
So please, **** off with your Arsenal vendetta for once.

I have to say i kind of think this is a new low for Arsenal and Wenger for the following. 1)They were playing a Utd side lacking confidence (although Arsenal are low too). 2)A Utd side playing a formation which is tried and massively failed for them this season. 3)A Utd side who had 2 kids and Smalling (no where near this level of player) in their back 3. And 4)A Utd side who had Ashley Young playing left wing back for majority of the game!

Mike Dean's decisions were poor all over the place, for both teams.
So please, **** off with your Arsenal vendetta for once.

Pretty sure that nearly completes the set of teams I've been accused of having a vendetta against. Including Palace, amusingly enough.

Wilshere should've been off. I don't really care how the ref's performance was, I'm just irritated that Christian Benteke - a clean, professional player - gets a red for the exact same thing Jack Wilshere got off scott free for.

So I can't complain about ****** reffing because Wilshere didn't get carded? :@

Oh sure, complain, just be prepared to be called out. Arsenal got the good side of the terrible decisions more often than not, let's not have any doubt about it.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that nearly completes the set of teams I've been accused of having a vendetta against. Including Palace, amusingly enough.

Wilshere should've been off. I don't really care how the ref's performance was, I'm just irritated that Christian Benteke - a clean, professional player - gets a red for the exact same thing Jack Wilshere got off scott free for.

Oh sure, complain, just be prepared to be called out. Arsenal got the good side of the terrible decisions more often than not, let's not have any doubt about it.

So you come to the arsenal thread to call me out for my commentary on one incidence that had no impact on the other? Ref made poor decisions, I never claimed one side was being favored, which is what you are doing. Be the bigger man and end this conversation with me or I will.

Well, since you spend the majority of the time hanging around on this thread trash-talking Arsenal, there is definitely just cause to accuse you of having a vendetta against Arsenal.
I've seen you post plenty of other times on this thread being a complete ****. I've finally decided to call you out on it. So like I said, **** off.
Do I agree that Wilshere should've been sent off? Most certainly. Jack has serious temper problems and he needs to fix them.

I had a chuckle at Giroud there at the end. His first instinct was to celebrate 1-2 goal instead of chasing the ball and trying to use the remaining minutes of extra time. Kind of tells you a lot about current confidence level at Arsenal.

I had a chuckle at Giroud there at the end. His first instinct was to celebrate 1-2 goal instead of chasing the ball and trying to use the remaining minutes of extra time. Kind of tells you a lot about current confidence level at Arsenal.
Dude returned from like 3 month long injury period and on his first shoot, he scored an absolute beauty, give the guy a minute to celebrate.

Sometimes football takes your breath away. It continuously surprises, that tired, tiresome cliché 'you couldn't write a script like this' repeated ad infinitum. This was the exact opposite. I could have written this script, as could every Arsenal fan in the ground. I'd call it 'Infinite Arsenal: How far can we push you?' I wouldn't charge £1000 per season to watch it, either.
Against a Manchester United side reduced to its relative bare bones, Arsene Wenger's side were offered a gift, a chance to overcome an old foe and reignite their top four bid. They spectacularly failed to do so. This is a manager and club showing an almost unprecedented amount of ineptitude, falling spectacularly short of potential.
Show promise. Offer hope. Fail to take advantage. Allow opponents back in. Concede an avoidable goal. Overcommit and get picked off. Offer a final glimmer of hope but ultimately fall short. Arsenal in excelsis.
So how long do Arsenal keep rolling a dice loaded with failure? How long do you have confidence that Wenger is the right manager to do it again simply because he has done it before? This is now Arsenal's worst start to a league campaign in 32 years.

Back