The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
And there's third. 5 players defending 2 Stoke players, yet they lost and left acres of space in the box. I think Giroud is playing because he's useful for set pieces, but that really didn't help us.

And there's third. 5 players defending 2 Stoke players, yet they lost and left acres of space in the box. I think Giroud is playing because he's useful for set pieces, but that really didn't help us.
That's poor by Wenger imo. Stoke don't hardy play any long balls under Hughes!

Um.
What the **** happened? Like, I just turned on a livestream and I see this score and I feel disgusted.

Wenger is a god. This season he's been forced to play lbs and players whose position is not cbs in matches and paying the price. Swansea match comes to mind. Today he's (been forced to have) Calum chambers against gigantic crouch and the rest of the beasts that make up Stoke's XI! Thats what you get when you "know". Thats what you get when you negligently think its acceptable to have only 2 (or is it 3) recognised cbs!

The rest of us just sit back and enjoy the slapstick!

Well they do, Crouch is CF, and I think it makes sense a bit, Giroud can battle defenders and normally is useful for set pieces, but he's not playing good, he clearly isn't fully fit yet, Welbeck should've been brought on. The response should've come after second, now it's too late, they will defend deep and we are not gonna score 3+ goals against Stoke.

Well they do, Crouch is CF, and I think it makes some sense, Giroud can battle defenders and normally is useful for set pieces, but he's not playing good, he clearly isn't fully fit yet, Welbeck should've been brought on. The response should've come after second, now it's too late, they will defend deep and we are not gonna score 3+ goals against Stoke.
No they don't! If you watched the UTD game last week when we struggled they hardly ever hoofed it until the last 5 which is when they tried to knick a draw. Stoke are no longer a hoofball team.

No they don't! If you watched the UTD game last week when we struggled they hardly ever hoofed it until the last 5 which is when they tried to knick a draw. Stoke are no longer a hoofball team.
I don't watch Stoke, I just know we concended 2 goals from crosses and 1 from set piece.

Did wenger ever have any tactical nous? or atleast as much as people praised him with, he seems to have lost any he had in the last 8 years.

Did wenger ever have any tactical nous? or atleast as much as people praised him with, he seems to have lost any he had in the last 8 years.

Pretty sure he lost them in that 2006 Champions League Final. :/

I actually don't mind wenger especially in comparison to the likes of jose, brendan, harry etc but surely his time is up soon.

Back