The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Both are good(great) players, no doubt, but as far as DM go, I'd prefer Gonalons, because I think he suits the team better (less offensive and more versatile) and probably would be cheaper. But don't get me wrong, Schneiderlin is top player.
Higuain - I haven't seen him much in Napoli, but if he isn't much better than he was at Real, I don't want him.

As far as CL go, I think it's more down to form and big game performances, so I don't wanna do these predictions, especially because we can struggle in big games and our form is up and down every few months.
Schneiderlin isn't an offensive player at all. He is good as passing the ball. However that doesn't make him offensive. He's superior to Gonalons in every single way and suits our team better because he has ability with the ball. Higuain is still world class and he's been just as good for Napoli who are underperforming.

At his best day he is, but Ospina is more reliable and stable.
That's entirely subjective. Szczesny had to play the first half of the season with full backs in defence and an inconsistent Arsenal team that couldn't defend for their lives. Remember that he'd shared a golden glove with Cech the season before. One thing that an Arsenal scout (Giles Grimandi) said irl is that statistics don't cover all variables. For example, Ospina completed the most catches during the World Cup, however later we realised that he's useless in the air, his handling is dodgy and he gets out jumped by strikers, despite being able to use his hands. The reason that he'd had the chance to complete so many catches may be that the opposition may have fancied their chances against him in the air. Taller keepers such as Szczesny may not complete as many as the opposition may not put in as many crosses. The analogy that Grimandi used was that a player can have a high tackle completion rate, however could that be because he may not be brave enough to commit to challenges where he may become second best? He hasn't made any errors leading to goals, however he has let in a few poor goals at this level due to a lack of quality and height.

gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Sky Sources: Arsenal agree £10.9m fee with Chelsea for Petr Cech. #SSNHQ

So we're linked with Aubameyang@£28,5mil. Anyone here thinks he would be a good signing?

So we're linked with Aubameyang@£28,5mil. Anyone here thinks he would be a good signing?

Not at that price. And not that much of an upgrade on Welbeck. And his finishin is worse than Giroud!

Took the words right out of my mouth. Has bags and bags of pace, probably on Theo's level. But his end product is too similar to what we've got (minus Giroud, his finishing has greatly improved this season).

I think he'd actually be a downgrade on our current strikers, he doesn't seem to have any strength and his finishing isn't very good. Saw quite a few people praising him wanted to know what you think. Also the price is ridiculous.

he got 16 goals in bundesliga last season 3 off the top scorer. I personally think he is a decent finisher and for season that Dortmund had, that's got to mean something but for 28.5m that's unbelievable.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Has bags and bags of pace, probably on Theo's level. But his end product is too similar to what we've got (minus Giroud, his finishing has greatly improved this season).

The's decision making has progressed leaps and bounds over the past 3 seasons. Imo he has world class ability, however he isn't considered that because of the ACL injury. 35 goals and 18 assists in his last 56 starts (since 2012). That's excellent considering he's had 1.5 years worth of injuries. He's much better in the final third now and I'd list his decision making as one of his biggest strengths. He's definately more clinical than Alexis.

The's decision making has progressed leaps and bounds over the past 3 seasons. Imo he has world class ability, however he isn't considered that because of the ACL injury. 35 goals and 18 assists in his last 56 starts (since 2012). That's excellent considering he's had 1.5 years worth of injuries. He's much better in the final third now and I'd list his decision making as one of his biggest strengths. He's definately more clinical than Alexis.

We should try Theo against Chelsea in Community Shield and see how he performs. I'll admit, I'm not conviced by 2 games (great games to be fair), I think he's gonna struggle against better defences, but if he does well against Chelsea, we might give him a try as a striker.

Once upon a time, theo struggled in front of goal and suffered badly to the point of people wanting him sold.

Aubamayang is quality but probably doesn't add to our team. Ox will bang them in soon as his technique is amazing and Welbeck is fast and physical and hits target more often than not. Not sure what auba would add.

Once upon a time, theo struggled in front of goal and suffered badly to the point of people wanting him sold.

Aubamayang is quality but probably doesn't add to our team. Ox will bang them in soon as his technique is amazing and Welbeck is fast and physical and hits target more often than not. Not sure what auba would add.
Really not what you need tbh.

Now Theo is our best finisher! How times change... Morgan Schneiderlin has confirmed negotiations over his future, which should be sorted within days. Cech and Schneiderlin double unveiling?

Typical Arsenal, keeping their fans waiting and waiting to (finally) announce a signing. He'll be a player before the end of the day, I heard.

Typical Arsenal, keeping their fans waiting and waiting to (finally) announce a signing. He'll be a player before the end of the day, I heard.

I don't think I'll sleep tonight if he isn't in an arsenal shirt by the end of the day >.<

_VTNza_0_normal.jpeg
David Ornstein
@bbcsport_david Chelsea gk Petr Cech will undergo a medical today ahead of completing his proposed move to Arsenal. Fee & personal terms agreed #AFC #CFC

Petr who???

David Ospina having a world class performance for Colombia vs Argentina.

Back