The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Well, the GK problem only became apparent last year, didn't it? Szczesny won Golden Glove the year before, after all, and it looked like they've secured in the GK department for years to come.

I was never sold on Szczesny... Mignolet came very close to winning the golden glove this season despite being terrible for half of the season so It's hard to judge on that, but I take your point!

Hey, I was always on #teamFabianski myself, but with Szczesny being so young, it was plausible assumption that he would drastically improve over time.

Unfortunately he seems more interested in being Twitter celebrity than professional footballer.

Hey, I was always on #teamFabianski myself, but with Szczesny being so young, it was plausible assumption that he would drastically improve over time.

Unfortunately he seems more interested in being Twitter celebrity than professional footballer.

I think loan to Southampton for example (Everton also spoken about) could be great for Szczesny. If we sign Cech he'd be 3rd choice at the start of season and his career would stall too much by spending another season on bench/stands.

According to Sky Sources, Manchester City have a very strong interest in Jack Wilshere. I say we don't sell at any price.

There is no way we're selling......those days are behind us......only way I can see him leaving is if he demands a transfer which seems almost impossible.

Can't see Wilshere leaving. I think his post-FA Cup final antics proves he's a true Gooner.

There is no way we're selling......those days are behind us......only way I can see him leaving is if he demands a transfer which seems almost impossible.

Think you're way too early on making that point, no one has really tested your resolve with a top player since RVP.

If Manchester City come in and really lay down money for Wilshere I'd be interested to see how it develops, to be honest I think the main problem City will have is that the player probably wouldn't want to join them.

Last edited:
Think you're way too early on making that point, no one has really tested your resolve with a top player since RVP.

If Manchester City come in and really lay down money for Wilshere I'd be interested to see how it develops, to be honest I think the main problem City will have is that the player probably wouldn't want to join them.

Arsene Wenger has said in the past month that he's not for sale at any price. At this stage, there's no amount of money that City can offer that's worth selling Wilshere in our financial situation.

Arsene Wenger has said in the past month that he's not for sale at any price. At this stage, there's no amount of money that City can offer that's worth selling Wilshere in our financial situation.

Wenger has made promises about players staying and said similar things before then a player gets sold. I'm not saying Wenger is unreliable but more so I think your board has a bigger say on these things than you think.

That's the thing though.....say hypothetically if Man City were to offer a hefty amount of cash for someone like Sanchez, we'd be in a much better position to hold on to him now then we were three-five years back when players could fairly easily force the club's hand. We're probably at the healthiest we've ever been financially and the signings of Ozil and Sanchez prove the ambition not to mention winning a couple of trophies has also helped. In Wilshere's case, the chance of us selling is even less considering his affinity to the club. Unless we force him out (kinda like the Welbeck case) or he demands a transfer, both of which seem unlikely to happen, there is very little chance of him leaving imo.

Wenger has made promises about players staying and said similar things before then a player gets sold. I'm not saying Wenger is unreliable but more so I think your board has a bigger say on these things than you think.
I doubt that the board would even entertain the thought of selling to a direct rival.

Good luck ryo!

I'm sure his time at arsenal will prepare him for a lucrative and rewarding career.

Sky sources have confirmed that Petr Cech has agreed personal terms and only a fee needs to be thrashed out. Chelsea apparently wanted a home grown player in return, however we've rejected it and he seems to nearly be an Arsenal player.

Sky sources have confirmed that Petr Cech has agreed personal terms and only a fee needs to be thrashed out. Chelsea apparently wanted a home grown player in return, however we've rejected it and he seems to nearly be an Arsenal player.
Think Arsenal have offered between 10-12m and Chelsea want between 15-20m.

Best signing Wengers made since Henry. Outside of the German, you never really have addressed the glaring hole in goal since Seaman retired. And with the added bonus of Royally ******* off Mourinho as the Russian stays true to his word.

Good work!

Add a solid ball winner in the middle and a consistent 20 goal a season forward and you might actually put up a serious challenge to his former club.

**** knows someone has to.

05y02SNk_normal.jpg
Lee Clayton
@LeeClayton_ BREAKING: Cech to Arsenal is done

Back