The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
It's hard to understand why we will probably be ditching him in favor of Szczesny. Ospina isn't world-class but he is steady and reliable for the most part.

I think Szczesny being HG might be whats dipping the scales in favour of him staying. Personally I'd loan out Szczesny for a season and let Cech and Ospina fight it out for next season. Would be the best for the club and who knows Szczesny might actually grow up a bit and come back ready to challenge Cech.

Time is running out for Szczesny as Martinez is going out on loan for next season and who knows he might be ready after it. He is also HG and highly regarded by staff.

I think Szczesny being HG might be whats dipping the scales in favour of him staying. Personally I'd loan out Szczesny for a season and let Cech and Ospina fight it out for next season. Would be the best for the club and who knows Szczesny might actually grow up a bit and come back ready to challenge Cech.

Time is running out for Szczesny as Martinez is going out on loan for next season and who knows he might be ready after it. He is also HG and highly regarded by staff.

It really is a make or break season of sorts for Szczesny, and by the looks of it, he will be spending most of his time on the bench playing second fiddle to Cech. Its hard to see Szczesny having a long-term future with us based on everything thats happening.

It really is a make or break season of sorts for Szczesny, and by the looks of it, he will be spending most of his time on the bench playing second fiddle to Cech. Its hard to see Szczesny having a long-term future with us based on everything thats happening.

Absolutely.

There's no way a 25 year old with 23 caps will be happy to go from Arsenal's first choice for what, 3 seasons or so; to being loaned out somewhere. A loan won't be happening at all in all probability.

And having been relegated to second choice last year after his own boneheadedness, and now Cech coming in; it's highly unlikely he'll want to stay in that role going forward for the next 3 or 4 years. He's an established International at 25. He needs to be playing.

Keeping 2 'keepers like that at one club these days is nigh on impossible.

Hernan Feler who broke Alexis deal has said Vidal deal has been done and waiting to be announced after Copa. £23mil deal rising to potential £30mil.

I somehow doubt it. The price seems extremely low for current market.

Hernan Feler who broke Alexis deal has said Vidal deal has been done and waiting to be announced after Copa. £23mil deal rising to potential £30mil.
That sounds ridiculously low imo. Not saying its not true, but considering they were after double that about 1 months ago. Be good to see him in the Prem.

Szczesny loves it in Arsenal and wants to stay, according to his interviews in here at least. And having a veteran mentor like Cech might be just what he needs to take it to the next level. Or it might crush him cause he always seems insecure about not being as good as his dad, which is is where all the crazy antics seem to be coming from.

Szczesny loves it in Arsenal and wants to stay, according to his interviews in here at least. And having a veteran mentor like Cech might be just what he needs to take it to the next level. Or it might crush him cause he always seems insecure about not being as good as his dad, which is is where all the crazy antics seem to be coming from.
In his first 1.5 seasons he hardly put a foot wrong or made a mistake, then he lost his head in vital moments. I have a feeling that his dad doesn't help. He was a top international keeper, however he's done stupid things like slate Szczesny's teammates, which isn't good for the dressing room.

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness@Sport_Witness The Daily Arturo Vidal. http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/arturo-vidal-arsenal-claims-la-stampa-cope-marca-feler …

_VTNza_0_normal.jpeg
David Ornstein
@bbcsport_david Cech joins #AFC from #CFC on 4yr contract for fee in region of £10m. Meanwhile, Arsenal are not interested in signing Juve mdf Arturo Vidal.

5j9L1o5K_normal.jpeg
Jeremy Wilson
@JWTelegraph Arsenal no longer in for Vidal and MU favs for Schneiderlin deal close. AFC wanted him in Jan but fee, plus Coq/Caz form, seems to have changed things.

Back