The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
05y02SNk_normal.jpg
Lee Clayton
@LeeClayton_ BREAKING: Cech to Arsenal is done

Its my birthday today and this is honestly the best present i could have got. Unbelievable signing

Great signing for Arsenal! A couple more quality signings and it could be a good year.

I think i would prefer a world class striker then, world class dm/cb. For the first time in years our defence will actually have a goalie that will help organise/command and i suspect it will help them all improve their game. Just a shame there's not a lot strikers readily available.

All the best to Petr, but leave the title at the Bridge . Unless we win the UCL, then you can have it :D :D

That's a great start to the transfer window. One of our most glaring weaknesses finally addressed after a long long time.....probably since Seaman left. Now if we can get Schneiderlin and a good forward e.g. Benzema or Higuain or Lacazette, I genuinely believe we'll be challenging for the title next season.

apparently turned down psg for arsenal, sad news is ospina has been told he can go :(
I'm not really that bothered. Ospina didn't cut it at this level. For half of his games, he had virtually no shots on goal. In others, his handling was shocking, he couldn't claim a cross to save his life and he's conceded goals, which a top 10 keeper should be saving.

I'm not really that bothered. Ospina didn't cut it at this level. For half of his games, he had virtually no shots on goal. In others, his handling was shocking, he couldn't claim a cross to save his life and he's conceded goals, which a top 10 keeper should be saving.
Fact is that will then leave us with szczesny which you could say may develop into a better keep than ospina, defiantly does not cut it at this level either.

Not exactly unhappy about Cech, although some people are saying he isn't that good and I do think other positions should've been adressed before GK was bought - 11 mil for 33 y/o with 1 year contract after spending a season on bench isn't exactly brilliant piece of bussiness. Also, I'm sad to see Ospina being sold - he contributed to our run, was more consistent than Szczesny and we bring another GK and sell him, probably to inferior league. But what can you do, that's modern football.

However I hope Cech will strengten us, learn Woj a few things and we won't regret buying him. If he's gonna be as good as he's in FIFA then everything's fine. https://vine.co/v/Mtu5a0dBIqM

Oh and we missed out on Kondogbia.... Which is good, €40 mil. plus bonuses is crazy.

Last edited:
Fact is that will then leave us with szczesny which you could say may develop into a better keep than ospina, defiantly does not cut it at this level either.
Szczesny is already better than Ospina. He could develop into a wtoo keeper, however he's definately top 10 quality.

Not exactly unhappy about Cech, although some people are saying he isn't that good and I do think other positions should've been adressed before GK was bought - 11 mil for 33 y/o with 1 year contract after spending a season on bench isn't exactly brilliant piece of bussiness. Also, I'm sad to see Ospina being sold - he contributed to our run, was more consistent than Szczesny and we bring another GK and sell him, probably to inferior league. But what can you do, that's modern football.

However I hope Cech will strengten us, learn Woj a few things and we won't regret buying him. If he's gonna be as good as he's in FIFA then everything's fine. https://vine.co/v/Mtu5a0dBIqM

Oh and we missed out on Kondogbia.... Which is good, €40 mil. plus bonuses is crazy.

Schneiderlin and Higuain would take us to Champions league contenders with Cech imo.

Schneiderlin and Higuain would take us to Champions league contenders with Cech imo.

Both are good(great) players, no doubt, but as far as DM go, I'd prefer Gonalons, because I think he suits the team better (less offensive and more versatile) and probably would be cheaper. But don't get me wrong, Schneiderlin is top player.
Higuain - I haven't seen him much in Napoli, but if he isn't much better than he was at Real, I don't want him.

As far as CL go, I think it's more down to form and big game performances, so I don't wanna do these predictions, especially because we can struggle in big games and our form is up and down every few months.

Back