The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I would never pay that much in a million years for Higuian 32-35m pounds max.
Let alone £67.5 million! The surprising thing is that Napoli are cash strapped and the player himself has handed a transfer request! He's also 27 years old, so he's too old for them to build their team around. They should have taken the money, run and rebuilt their team with fresh, young players. It's not like they have £250+ million quid in the bank, unlike Arsenal. They can't reject bids this high for players like Higuain. They can't afford to buy players of a similar standard to Higuain, so they could have used it for younger players to compete in the future.

gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: @Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta signs one-year contract extension. #SSNHQ

New 5-year deal. RB situation sorted for next 10 years with him and Bellerin.
Your post got me thinking about a few things.

First, Chambers being 3rd choice at RB, I'm not sure how much time is he gonna get this season, he can play CB - 3 players in front of him, RB - 2 players, defensive mid - at least 2/3 players.

Also, IF at least 1/3 of our most talented youngsters develop how they should, I believe we might have goalkeeper, both wings and a defensive/central/attacking mid positions covered (maybe even a striker, but backup more likely) for odd 10 years. Of course, it's a big if, but there's serious competition in some positions.

Rumors are Sanogo is going on loan to Ajax. He will be competing for the striker position with Arek Milik. What do you think about Sanogo?
Few years back he was a gem in FM, but that's all i know :)

Your post got me thinking about a few things.

First, Chambers being 3rd choice at RB, I'm not sure how much time is he gonna get this season, he can play CB - 3 players in front of him, RB - 2 players, defensive mid - at least 2/3 players.

Also, IF at least 1/3 of our most talented youngsters develop how they should, I believe we might have goalkeeper, both wings and a defensive/central/attacking mid positions covered (maybe even a striker, but backup more likely) for odd 10 years. Of course, it's a big if, but there's serious competition in some positions.

Chambers is being made into a fulltime CB. Just saw some pictures of the players going to tour and guy has been bulking up. He will still likely get some minutes as RB, but mainly will be used in the center now I think.

Yeah some really interesting players coming through and we will see about the youth players signed this season.

Likes of Gnabry, Zelalem and Akpom might need 1 or 2 loan spells to be ready for first team along with likes of Crowley.

Rumors are Sanogo is going on loan to Ajax. He will be competing for the striker position with Arek Milik. What do you think about Sanogo?
Few years back he was a gem in FM, but that's all i know :)

He's still raw, but I think working with Bergkamp will be good for him.

Sanogo is physically awkward and weak. He shows great vision and technique. If he sorts out his body as most youngsters do he has potential.

For a long time I have maintained that Arsenal are being held back by Wenger. For a long time they have had a decent squad with some great players - but season after season he allows them to start while severely lacking in at least one position with the unavoidable result that they end up nowhere near the top of the league. Its not rocket science. Its so obvious its funny esp for somebody like me who hates Wenger and doesnt much like Arsenal either.

So interesting article on this issue in Football365.

Wenger's Infuriating Reluctance To Upgrade... | F365 Says

Whats your take on this?

Last edited:
Yeah...arsenal could do so much better with the squad they'very got now but with wenger unlikely to end his window with cech...

We can just expect the usual injury raged arsenal side at the 1st half of the season slumping into poor form then going on a terrific run from Jan to April to make top 4 again...

Lol...arsenal fans on twitter acting like it was wrapped up...they did the same for schniederlin tho

For a long time I have maintained that Arsenal are being held back by Wenger. For a long time they have had a decent squad with some great players - but season after season he allows them to start while severely lacking in at least one position with the unavoidable result that they end up nowhere near the top of the league. Its not rocket science. Its so obvious its funny esp for somebody like me who hates Wenger and doesnt much like Arsenal either.

So interesting article on this issue in Football365.

Wenger's Infuriating Reluctance To Upgrade... | F365 Says

Whats your take on this?

The article is stupid and completely contradictory. Since when has Arsene Wenger refused to upgrade a position? Like letting Ospina make way for Petr Cech? Releasing Diaby? Replacing Andre Santos with Nacho Monreal? The fan written article proves no point.

Yeah...arsenal could do so much better with the squad they'very got now but with wenger unlikely to end his window with cech...

We can just expect the usual injury raged arsenal side at the 1st half of the season slumping into poor form then going on a terrific run from Jan to April to make top 4 again...
The squad is a lot deeper this season and we're not coming off the back off a World Cup year, meaning that last season's start is illogical and nigh on impossible.

The squad is a lot deeper this season and we're not coming off the back off a World Cup year, meaning that last season's start is illogical and nigh on impossible.

Deeper...okay...what would happen if coquelin were to get injured?...because coquelin transformed arsenal defensively...so if he gets injured, you have to cling onto arteta and flamini

Deeper...okay...what would happen if coquelin were to get injured?...because coquelin transformed arsenal defensively...so if he gets injured, you have to cling onto arteta and flamini

To a certain extent yes. But don't forget that Wilshere and Ramsey have filled in successfully and in probably half our matches we didn't even use a true dm, more of a deep lying playmaker (cazorla). Do we want another studs up dm? Sure but it's not dire and bringing in a player who isn't better than Coq is a waste of money.

Back