The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Much worse teams have won the Champions league and premier league in the past. We have signed a legendary goalkeeper and have no weak areas in the first team squad. Good tactical planning, balance and cohesion will massively improve on last season. Coquelin literally didn't have a bad game last season and if he's good enough for us not to sign Schneiderlin, then he's most definitely the answer to our defensive midfield problems.

Just because worse team have won the league doesn't mean you will even necessarily challenge. Chelsea will be formidable, United have shown intent and Citeh are splashing the cash. You need to strengthen and DM is a weak area you have Coquelin he is young who is to even say he will replicate last season. Stop being so naive Arsenal need a DM and have done for years we all know the emergence of Coquelin changes nothing. He is not as good as Matic and thats all there is to say really.

That would be my only concern for Arsenal is DM. Yes Coquelin was good last season, but it could be a one off. And if Wenger did not go for Schneiderlin because of that, then he is stupid or naïve imo. Also what happens if Giroud gets a serious injury? Im not saying Arsenal are going to do **** or have a bad team, but are short in a couple of areas in my eyes.

It was obvious before the window Arsenal need a striker and another DM to have a hope of improving/challenging for league, but knowing Wenger he'll leave it and you'll take the consequences of being nothing better than top 4 ambition.

It was obvious before the window Arsenal need a striker and another DM to have a hope of improving/challenging for league, but knowing Wenger he'll leave it and you'll take the consequences of being nothing better than top 4 ambition.

Well at least the Frenchman will be happy at his aims being met once again .....

That would be my only concern for Arsenal is DM. Yes Coquelin was good last season, but it could be a one off. And if Wenger did not go for Schneiderlin because of that, then he is stupid or naïve imo. Also what happens if Giroud gets a serious injury? Im not saying Arsenal are going to do **** or have a bad team, but are short in a couple of areas in my eyes.
Arsene Wenger trains with Coquelin and would be best inclined to judge how good he is. You Giroud question makes as much sense as what if Matic, Costa or Hazard gets injured for Chelsea. If Giroud gets injured, it looks like Walcott and Welbeck would be other options up front.

Also my post doesnt even include spurs and liverpool, ill be honest I don't expect either to challenge for the league but will be challengers for fourth and you never know the league could be that tight the stars could allign and they'll be right up there. The point being you dont win stuff by being prudent and managing the bank balance. The gunners have the money so go ****** spend it on someone who will improve the first 11 and then Coquelin can develop naturally

Arsene Wenger trains with Coquelin and would be best inclined to judge how good he is. You Giroud question makes as much sense as what if Matic, Costa or Hazard gets injured for Chelsea. If Giroud gets injured, it looks like Walcott and Welbeck would be other options up front.
No problems then. You will walk the league by the sounds of it. Even the most die hard fans I have spoke to at my Football team and work and friends in general all seem to think your a couple short. But we will see, but I can see history repeating.

Also my post doesnt even include spurs and liverpool, ill be honest I don't expect either to challenge for the league but will be challengers for fourth and you never know the league could be that tight the stars could allign and they'll be right up there. The point being you dont win stuff by being prudent and managing the bank balance. The gunners have the money so go ****** spend it on someone who will improve the first 11 and then Coquelin can develop naturally
I never said that it has anything to do with managing the bank balance. Have you been living under a rock? AW has said that he'll only buy players that will improve the first 11. Spurs and Liverpool are a million miles away, so they are out of the questioning. You are being contradictory. We've signed a legendary goalkeeper to improve the first team. If Coquelin was as good in training as he was playing last season, Arsene Wenger has every right to believe that every player available thus far wouldn't have improved us in that position. That said, I would definitely welcome any new player, however team cohesion and better tactical planning as Wenger has said would improve us the most.

No problems then. You will walk the league by the sounds of it. Even the most die hard fans I have spoke to at my Football team and work and friends in general all seem to think your a couple short. But we will see, but I can see history repeating.
I never said once that we would walk the league. What sort of 'history' do you see repeating? I never said that the squad is perfect, however there are no gaping holes which need desperate improving. The question is, can Arsenal challenge for the title next season?

I never said once that we would walk the league. What sort of 'history' do you see repeating? I never said that the squad is perfect, however there are no gaping holes which need desperate improving. The question is, can Arsenal challenge for the title next season?
IMO no I cant see Arsenal challenging without a couple more quality additions in areas I mentioned. Same goes for Utd unless they sign another STR and a top CB.

I never said that it has anything to do with managing the bank balance. Have you been living under a rock? AW has said that he'll only buy players that will improve the first 11. Spurs and Liverpool are a million miles away, so they are out of the questioning. You are being contradictory. We've signed a legendary goalkeeper to improve the first team. If Coquelin was as good in training as he was playing last season, Arsene Wenger has every right to believe that every player available thus far wouldn't have improved us in that position. That said, I would definitely welcome any new player, however team cohesion and better tactical planning as Wenger has said would improve us the most.

Yes I live under a rock with spongebob and patrick

In all seriousness, believe what you like bottom line don't sogn a DM and a top class striker you will not be challenging end of. But believe what you like.

Yes I live under a rock with spongebob and patrick

In all seriousness, believe what you like bottom line don't sogn a DM and a top class striker you will not be challenging end of. But believe what you like.
In the second half of the season table, we would have been a point behind Chelsea and we won the FA Cup. We scored scored and conceded pretty much the same amount as Chelsea last season. A CB and GK plus better tactical planning later proves that it's inevitable that we will challenge. 9 errors were made leading to goals last season between Szczesny and Ospina. Last season, Coquelin proved that he can shield a defence pretty well. Look at his stats and our defensive record with him. If we replicate our second half form, there's no doubt that we will challenge.

In the second half of the season table, we would have been a point behind Chelsea and we won the FA Cup. We scored scored and conceded pretty much the same amount as Chelsea last season. A CB and GK plus better tactical planning later proves that it's inevitable that we will challenge. 9 errors were made leading to goals last season between Szczesny and Ospina. Last season, Coquelin proved that he can shield a defence pretty well. Look at his stats and our defensive record with him. If we replicate our second half form, there's no doubt that we will challenge.

Leeds once scored the most points in a calendar year.....

Back