The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Congratulations beating the blue ***** 3-1.

Everton look even worse on the pitch than they do on paper.

Pre-season or not, happy Saturday.

Congratulations beating the blue ***** 3-1.

Everton look even worse on the pitch than they do on paper.

Pre-season or not, happy Saturday.

Indeed. The pre-season performance is indicitive of our squad

/facepalm

But back on topic well done Arsenal. Deserved

Indeed. The pre-season performance is indicitive of our squad

/facepalm

But back on topic well done Arsenal. Deserved

In the very unlikely event that Cech is our only signing, our squad will give Chelsea a good run for their money and remain competitive in Europe.

In the very unlikely event that Cech is our only signing, our squad will give Chelsea a good run for their money and remain competitive in Europe.

Personally I'm hoping (and looking forward to) another one of "those" finishes in the Prem where it's right down to the wire. I have a feeling it's going to be very close

Personally I'm hoping (and looking forward to) another one of "those" finishes in the Prem where it's right down to the wire. I have a feeling it's going to be very close
I'm happy with our squad which looks very cohesive atm. Arsene Wenger's transfer mentality is spot in in which we won't seek players unless one becomes available who improves the squad. Now that Diaby and Podolski's wages are gone (160k per week), Petr Cech has costed practically nothing.

I'm happy with our squad which looks very cohesive atm. Arsene Wenger's transfer mentality is spot in in which we won't seek players unless one becomes available who improves the squad. Now that Diaby and Podolski's wages are gone (160k per week), Petr Cech has costed practically nothing.

On top of that, Cech will provide a very stabilising mentality with the back four knowing they have a quality keeper between the sticks. Keeper of Cech's caliber provides such a calming influence

Flamini apparently target for Galatasaray. Sell and then trigger Krychowiaks release clause and we are sorted in midfield.

Flamini apparently target for Galatasaray. Sell and then trigger Krychowiaks release clause and we are sorted in midfield.
That would be great business! I Still think you need a top CM like him to do well against the big boys in Prem and Europe. Also a STR also.

That would be great business! I Still think you need a top CM like him to do well against the big boys in Prem and Europe. Also a STR also.
At this moment in time, a CM like Krychowiak wouldn't be an improvement on Coquelin. A striker is also not a necessity, however should a world-class player come available in a position we'll probably take them.

Yeah both are needed. Dont know who Wenger is targetting as he wanted Schneiderlin in January, but now no interest. He might be waiting if top class players become available and bounce like for example Benzema.

Yeah both are needed. Dont know who Wenger is targetting as he wanted Schneiderlin in January, but now no interest. He might be waiting if top class players become available and bounce like for example Benzema.
I agree. I can see you falling short fighting on all fronts atm. And Krycowiakz would be a huge upgrade on Coquelin imo.

Yeah, without 2 or 3 top class additions in those areas (a defensive addition wouldn't go amiss either); I can't see anything else but more of the same from Arsenal.

Which is a real shame as out of last seasons top 3, I'd prefer Arsenal winning it any day of the week.

I agree. I can see you falling short fighting on all fronts atm. And Krycowiakz would be a huge upgrade on Coquelin imo.
Have you seen both play much? Krychowiak doesn't have as good distribution ad Coquelin. Coquelin is also alot more aggressive, with more stamina and he's much quicker on the ground. Coquelin I'd also an interception magnet. Coquelin is also slightly more competent in the tackle. Krychowiak is better in the air, however I can't think of many areas where he's definately better than Coquelin. Last season, Chelsea scored 73, while we scored 71. They conceded 32, while we conceded 36. In In that In that period, we've signed Cech and Paulista to sure up the back line, as well as nursed Walcott back from an ACL. The squad now is undoubtedly good enough to close the gap on Chelsea, although I'd love to see 1 or 2 more additions.

Have you seen both play much? Krychowiak doesn't have as good distribution ad Coquelin. Coquelin is also alot more aggressive, with more stamina and he's much quicker on the ground. Coquelin I'd also an interception magnet. Coquelin is also slightly more competent in the tackle. Krychowiak is better in the air, however I can't think of many areas where he's definately better than Coquelin. Last season, Chelsea scored 73, while we scored 71. They conceded 32, while we conceded 36. In In that In that period, we've signed Cech and Paulista to sure up the back line, as well as nursed Walcott back from an ACL. The squad now is undoubtedly good enough to close the gap on Chelsea, although I'd love to see 1 or 2 more additions.
I watched a **** of a lot of Sevilla last season and he was class, one of the best CMs in the league that season and has really come on over the last season or 2. But if your happy with the squad then that's fine tbh. I think your pretty strong as well. But Coq and Giroud aren't gonna get you over Chelsea or far in Europe imo.

I watched a **** of a lot of Sevilla last season and he was class, one of the best CMs in the league that season and has really come on over the last season or 2. But if your happy with the squad then that's fine tbh. I think your pretty strong as well. But Coq and Giroud aren't gonna get you over Chelsea or far in Europe imo.
View attachment 242806
View attachment 242805
View attachment 242804

If the roles had been reversed and Coquelin had experienced that sort of season with Sevilla, everyone would want us to sign Coquelin and all of you would be obsessing over him.

I think Coquelin was great last year. The important question is can he replicate his form? His carreer was up and down till he came back from Charlton. How many players have had a good season (in his case half a season) but couldn't do it again? That is my concern, not the injuries, but if he is **** next year, do we trust out of form player or our bench?

I think Coquelin was great last year. The important question is can he replicate his form? His carreer was up and down till he came back from Charlton. How many players have had a good season (in his case half a season) but couldn't do it again? That is my concern, not the injuries, but if he is **** next year, do we trust out of form player or our bench?
Arsene Wenger and Steve Bould train with him, so they are best qualified. You don't play that well for that many games without that sort of ability behind you. You could say the same about Krychowiak. His name has only come to light in the past year-ish.

Well maybe then you have exactly the type of manager you deserve if you really think that.

Well maybe then you have exactly the type of manager you deserve if you really think that.
Much worse teams have won the Champions league and premier league in the past. We have signed a legendary goalkeeper and have no weak areas in the first team squad. Good tactical planning, balance and cohesion will massively improve on last season. Coquelin literally didn't have a bad game last season and if he's good enough for us not to sign Schneiderlin, then he's most definitely the answer to our defensive midfield problems.

Back