The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
With Benzema upfront you would be ******* terrifying. I doubt he's buyable though.

With Benzema upfront you would be ******* terrifying. I doubt he's buyable though.

i don't think we can get him either, Real would have to sign a worldie to replace him and there's not many about at the moment.

i don't think we can get him either, Real would have to sign a worldie to replace him and there's not many about at the moment.

They would basically have to get Aguero to let Benzema go or Reus and put either Bale or CR up front which has been spoken about. If it were to happen it would be similar to Özil deal and go through around Deadline Day.

c820d7a60fc99a0cd89f67272fee07bc_normal.jpeg
Transfer News Live @DeadlineDayLive Aaron Ramsey has admitted he would like to play to Spain one day & described Barcelona’s interest in him as flattering. (Source: Telegraph)

Some recent rumours concerning outgoings: Flamini to join Galatasaray for 4 million euros and Rosicky to Sparta Prague.

The team looked fit, well balanced and cohesive. Solid enough for a title challenge. If we can add a striker, we should, however the current team is good enough to challenge.
You and us have looked good pre- season. As of Chelsea who I am watching now have looked very average and in need of a signing or 2 so they don't stand still.

You and us have looked good pre- season. As of Chelsea who I am watching now have looked very average and in need of a signing or 2 so they don't stand still.

Imo, Chelsea will still get better without many signings. You can't really fault their last campaign other than a lacklustre champions league performance. If they improve tactically, they can win the champions league.

Imo, Chelsea will still get better without many signings. You can't really fault their last campaign other than a lacklustre champions league performance. If they improve tactically, they can win the champions league.
Im not so sure tbh. Without any signings they will struggle to be as dominant as last season. And they were not very good for large parts of the back end of the last campaign. Wenger is right, if Arsenal had started like Chelsea they could have won the league given your end of season form after Christmas.

I rather have a bad pre-season and find out early what your weaknesses are and still being able to improve, than looking solid and find out when the PL has started, because your weaknesses will be exposed anyways during the season...

I wouldn't pay too much attention to preseason, I rarely do. I remember in 2009/10 we didn't win a single preseason game and what happened? We won the double.
I never do tbh. More the fact that other teams are strengthening well atm and Chelsea are not (NOT SAYING YOU WONT) and Chelsea performances were not the best as the season went on. You are still faves for me no doubt.

The reason they don't need strenghtening is that Chelsea medical team uses alien technology and they never end up with half of squad injured like the rest of top 4.

I really don't buy preseasons friendlies tbh...we looked so good last year then we finished 4th...we could still beat barca 10-0 and still finish 6th

I rather have a bad pre-season and find out early what your weaknesses are and still being able to improve, than looking solid and find out when the PL has started, because your weaknesses will be exposed anyways during the season...

Thank you...

Back