The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The question for Arsenal fans is that even if Benzema was available do you think that you would even get him because of other clubs being interested as well?

If he was available I could see definitely United being interested and then there would perhaps be other big clubs as well. We know that United offer higher wages and Arsenal stick to a wage structure, in this modern day it's ultimately about money so even if he was available I don't think you'd get him easily. Unless it's just you and no other top club after him which won't be the case.
I'm sure that he would rather start at Arsenal than compete for his position at United.

The question for Arsenal fans is that even if Benzema was available do you think that you would even get him because of other clubs being interested as well?

If he was available I could see definitely United being interested and then there would perhaps be other big clubs as well. We know that United offer higher wages and Arsenal stick to a wage structure, in this modern day it's ultimately about money so even if he was available I don't think you'd get him easily. Unless it's just you and no other top club after him which won't be the case.

Haha wage structure? I don't think that there's been a cautious wage structure since 2010. If Walcott earns 140k per week, I'm sure that we'll pay any price for Benzema if available.

Haha wage structure? I don't think that there's been a cautious wage structure since 2010. If Walcott earns 140k per week, I'm sure that we'll pay any price for Benzema if available.
He's your joint highest earner, you definitely have a cautious structure...

He's your joint highest earner, you definitely have a cautious structure...

Alexis - 140k per week
Özil - 140k per week
Walcott - 140k per week

There's nothing cautious about that.

Last edited:
Let me also fish out:
Mertesacker -100k per week
Koscielny - 100k per week
Cech -100k per week
Cazorla - 100k+ per week
Ramsey - 110k per week
Welbeck - 115k per week
Giroud - 130k per week
Alexis - 140k per week
Özil - 140k per week
Walcott - 140k per week

The point being as much as Arsenal's wage structure has loosened, they still won't (or at least this far haven't), paid the monster wages their competitors do.

The point being as much as Arsenal's wage structure has loosened, they still won't (or at least this far haven't), paid the monster wages their competitors do.
Precisely. Benzema is approaching 200k a week. Arsenal haven't got anyone over 150k a week. Compare that to Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs, and it's cautious.

Benzema is the highest paid French sportsman - MARCA.com (English version)

8.5 million Euro per year after taxes is 115,000 per week, which is in line with what Welbeck makes. Arsenal spend more on wages than Chelsea.

The article is from 2013, Benzema extended his contract with a wage rise in 2014. Arsenal pay more, but Chelsea have a much better wage structure and a higher wage ceiling. Chelsea deliberately keep squad players on "lower" wages to pay the big players more. Falcao took a pay cut, is their 3rd striker and is on more than anyone else at Arsenal.

I'm not saying Arsenal can't afford, I'm saying you definitely have a cautious structure, and buying him would blow your structure out the window, whereas it wouldn't even phase the other 3 top 4 sides.

United cut HALF A MILLION A WEEK alone in Falcao and RVP. That's what you are up against.

The article is from 2013, Benzema extended his contract with a wage rise in 2014. Arsenal pay more, but Chelsea have a much better wage structure and a higher wage ceiling. Chelsea deliberately keep squad players on "lower" wages to pay the big players more. Falcao took a pay cut, is their 3rd striker and is on more than anyone else at Arsenal.

Karim Benzema reportedly agrees to renew contract with Real Madrid until 2019 - Inside Spanish Football Inside Spanish Football

This article was his wage increase last year to 8 million euros per year. The 8.5 million figure quoted by Marca was generous because was most likely due to bonuses on top of his wages.

Karim Benzema reportedly agrees to renew contract with Real Madrid until 2019 - Inside Spanish Football Inside Spanish Football

This article was his wage increase last year to 8 million euros per year. The 8.5 million figure quoted by Marca was generous because was most likely due to bonuses on top of his wages.

That's 8m net. The last article was 8.5m gross. If you read they doubled his salary from 4.5m, which tells you the latter was gross.

You're looking at Benzema being on just over 200k a week now. So he's actually crossed it.

Arsenal: Cech; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla; Ramsey, Ozil, Oxlaide-Chamberlain; Walcott
Subs: Martinez, Debuchy, Gibbs, Gabriel, Arteta, Iwobi, Giroud

Walcott, really? I'm sure he will be able to use his speed in 50 centimeters of space Mou will leave between backline and the goal.

Back