The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Arsene Wenger showing his amazing Regen finding abilities!

Wenger must be the greatest human being there ever was. He is a coach, manager, accountant, youth coach and now even scout.

Every club have scouting network and it's the scouts who will find these players, managers just make the final decisions.

Edit: Obviously credit to managers for making final decisions but it's not just manger finding player out of nowhere.

Wenger must be the greatest human being there ever was. He is a coach, manager, accountant, youth coach and now even scout.

Every club have scouting network and it's the scouts who will find these players, managers just make the final decisions.

Edit: Obviously credit to managers for making final decisions but it's not just manger finding player out of nowhere.

Haha it was a joke about regens in FM! That wasn't to be taken seriously at all.

Im not so sure tbh. Without any signings they will struggle to be as dominant as last season. And they were not very good for large parts of the back end of the last campaign. Wenger is right, if Arsenal had started like Chelsea they could have won the league given your end of season form after Christmas.

Ifs and buts, I could also claim that if Chelsea had ended the season like Arsenal then we would have won the league by 20 points. I doubt Chelsea will be as dominant as last season as United/Arsenal have stabilized quite a bit. It will be close like always

vR3D6qe0_normal.jpeg
Tom Coast @thcoast Diario Sport claiming Wenger has asked #AFC to buy Sergio Busquets after putting him top of his list of players he wants.

Thoughts on this? Again pretty unlikely to happen but would be thrilled if it did go through for me.

Donyall Malen signed from Ajax. Regarded as their best prospect at the moment. Jonker revolution continues for the youth teams.

First Mino Raiola client we also signed.

Donyall Malen signed from Ajax. Regarded as their best prospect at the moment. Jonker revolution continues for the youth teams.

First Mino Raiola client we also signed.

I wouldn't call it a revolution. Last season ended pretty badly and the problem is likely to be coaching and overall mentality, not signing players. This guy is another striker/attacking mid. We have plenty of them. We lack defensive prospects, excluding keepers. Of course, non-english youth signings are not working out very well lately, and it seems we have signed some exciting players, but I feel other issues should be adressed. I heard a few people (not sure if reliable) saying our youth training grounds are not on the top level and some money should be pumped there.

That being said, there were some positive changes and we can't expect the results to show immediately, but I wouldn't use the word revolution (yet?).

So yeah, we signed Ismael Benacer. Another CM/AM. We're already playing them on wings, I think we're going for at least 10 of them in the team.

VNkBWgxL_normal.jpeg
Matt Law @Matt_Law_DT Theo Walcott has signed a new four-year Arsenal contract worth £140,000-a-week. Club's joint highest earner. More on @telefootball #afc

gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Santi Cazorla signs contract extension with Arsenal. #SSNHQ

Man you should really see what's already posted before blindly copy pasting. It's right above your post, about Walcott and Carzola signing new contracts, that too from official site and you posted the same news after an hour.

Man you should really see what's already posted before blindly copy pasting. It's right above your post, about Walcott and Carzola signing new contracts, that too from official site and you posted the same news after an hour.
Sorry mate lol I honestly missed them! Been long week at work :P

Hayden has already joined Hull for the season and now it looks like Akpom will join him there. Good moves for both I think.

Leaves us also bit short on forward position so Wenger might have someone lined up.
Benzema hopefully :P Can you imagine that attack.....Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott, Ox, Giroud, Benzema......****! Its probably not happening but if it did, that would be a real coup.

The question for Arsenal fans is that even if Benzema was available do you think that you would even get him because of other clubs being interested as well?

If he was available I could see definitely United being interested and then there would perhaps be other big clubs as well. We know that United offer higher wages and Arsenal stick to a wage structure, in this modern day it's ultimately about money so even if he was available I don't think you'd get him easily. Unless it's just you and no other top club after him which won't be the case.

The question for Arsenal fans is that even if Benzema was available do you think that you would even get him because of other clubs being interested as well?

If he was available I could see definitely United being interested and then there would perhaps be other big clubs as well. We know that United offer higher wages and Arsenal stick to a wage structure, in this modern day it's ultimately about money so even if he was available I don't think you'd get him easily. Unless it's just you and no other top club after him which won't be the case.

No we don't anymore. Or at least as much. Utd offer higher wages, but we are not that far behind. Gazidis said couple seasons ago that there would be no problem paying over 200k wages to a right player.

Won't be easy, but I think we would get him. We've beaten other big clubs to signings before even when those offered more money than we did.

For me the bigger problem is convincing Real to sell... but they are Real and tend to do madness.

Back