The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Finally put to bed the goaless and winless games against Chelsea. Boy does it feel good.

I'm not saying Arsenal can't afford, I'm saying you definitely have a cautious structure, and buying him would blow your structure out the window, whereas it wouldn't even phase the other 3 top 4 sides.

United cut HALF A MILLION A WEEK alone in Falcao and RVP. That's what you are up against.

I see what you're saying here Mike.

Basically lads, to sum it up, you aren't a big club like Man United and Chelsea. And Benzema isn't going to go to a small club.

I'm sure Mike doesn't mean any offence lads.

Jose Mourinho: 'The best team lost and the most defensive team won.'

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Figured you'd like another look at Wenger swerving and ignoring Mourinho:

[video=youtube;ZaofVb3OS8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaofVb3OS8A[/video]

They're both acting like twats tbh. Wenger just breezes past and Mourinho somehow decided to turn his back just when Wenger was coming near, after facing everybody upfront to that point.

Jose Mourinho: 'The best team lost and the most defensive team won.'

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Always worth listening to the statements in full.
"For me it depends on the perspective. Normally you [the media] like to say a team that is defensive and defends very well doesn't deserve to win."

‘But I also have my opinion, different from your opinion. My opinion is the team that defends very well, that leaves their philosophy in the dressing room, changes their attitude, plays all the second half with nine players in front of the box, doesn't concede and scores one goal, from that perspective they deserve to win."

"This is football. This is very good tactical organisation. Congratulations to them."

The, erm, Wright stuff

This from footie365 ("oddly" mirroring how every self respecting Arsenal fan feels this time every year):

The Wright Stuff
We all know the golden rule: Don't make firm conclusions based on the Community Shield.

Unfortunately Ian Wright doesn't do golden rules, particularly when he has the opportunity to make sweeping judgments regarding his beloved Arsenal in The Sun. It isn't so much wearing rose-tinted spectacles as buying a rose-tinted opticians and selling only red frames.

'Last season the Gunners were the Premier League's great entertainers.'

By what measure, Ian? Goals scored (they didn't rank highest)? Shots on target (they didn't rank highest)? Total goals per match (they didn't rank highest?). Or because you love watching them (they ranked highest)?

'If Sunday's Community Shield proved one thing to me, it's that we will see a different Arsenal last season.'

A reminder that a) The Community Shield is a friendly match, and b) Arsenal won last season's Community Shield 3-0 against Manchester City.

'When that [Mourinho moaning] happens, it's because you're getting under his skin and clearly doing something right.'

A reminder too that Mourinho spent most of last season being a dreadful **** while Chelsea cantered to the title.

And, finally: 'I genuinely believe Arsenal can beat everyone at home.'

Of course you do, Wrighty. Although that hasn't been done since 1930 in all English divisions or since 1892 in the top flight.

Learning that Ian Wright is tipping Arsenal to win the title; it's like finding out that birds can fly.

The community shield is a major trophy. That's a fact. Go and look at any club's trophy lost. It is in the truest sense, a super cup. The match was competitive, which was shown the the lineups and game intensity. After beating City 3-0 last season, we beat them away and nearly beat them in the league before Demechelis equalised with a late header at home. I was the first to say that this doesn't mean that we will win the league, however this and last season showed a much better attitude to big games. On current squads, we will at least challenge.

Back