The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Well that was pretty poor game, but great result. Now only if City could slip up a bit.

If Aguerrrrooooo could stay healthy City would pretty much run with the title every year.

Just read that Ox has no goals or assists in 2015. If that is true then Jesus

If Aguerrrrooooo could stay healthy City would pretty much run with the title every year.

Discounting Messi and Ronaldo who aren't pure out and out forwards, if fit, it's hard to separate Augero, Suarez and the big Pole as the best pure 9 in the World right now. They all bring different elements and are all exceptional in different facets.

I'd probably plump for Suarez having watched the total effect he has on everyone else in a side up close and personal. But you'd be hard pressed to split those three.

Just read that Ox has no goals or assists in 2015. If that is true then Jesus

Really think we should consider loaning him out next season. Really like him, but looks like much behind Campbell atm.

Isn't he part of the World Class back-up's? (That's NEVER gonna' die is it? Haha.).

He sometimes shows that potential, but is a big liability more often. Really would do well for him to play week in week out somewhere.

Edit: Started thinking about World Class players and don't actually think there is currently any english who could be rated as one. Agree?

Last edited:
Edit: Started thinking about World Class players and don't actually think there is currently any english who could be rated as one. Agree?

Agreed. They have some very good younger players who may reach that, but they're all a ways off being considered anything like that right now.

Sturridge, when he's healthy (stop laughing at the back), is by far the best English talent for me but not even sure I'd honestly put him in that bracket until he's done it in Europe.

There really is a serious dirth of top bracket English players right now which goes someway to explaining why the price is always so high on them.

Luke Shaw, atleast he will be if he recovers well from his injury.

Luke Shaw, atleast he will be if he recovers well from his injury.

Shaw's in the crop of youngsters, like Barkley and Stones at Everton, Sterling, maybe even Kane, who may well become that. But as of now, they're still developing and some way short of being considered anything like that IMHO.

Smelling, the way he's kicked on this past calendar year, might be the other to add with Sturridge as one of the current English best. But still not sure you'd class either as WC right here, right now.

Last edited:
The others have talent aswell, but the competition on those positions is way stronger. That's why I wouldn't say they're world class, because they aren't in the top 5 imo. There aren't too many great players at Shaw's position.

Seems that Wenger is getting midfielder to the team. I dont know if I agree but dont know the guy either.
Anyone with some info about Mohamed Elneny?

Saw couple pretty good reports of him and will try to find those for you, but basically he's a good passer with great engine. Will be improvement on Flamini & Arteta.

According to some reports Arsenal have bid almost £45mil (60mil euros) on Aubameyang.

Back