The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
This thread is very quiet. All others are arguing about managers to get for long term, so on and on...

Arsenal fans just sit already 25 years with one guy :D
Just looked into Wengers stats purely interest and they are good I think.
View attachment 1001342

But what about tonight match? Any news about players?
Important points and need the win. These points can play important role in end off the season. Need to get those 3 points from home.

I think there is possibility of Wenger calling it quits after this season if he can manage the title and hopefully Gazidis and Board are on a lookout for a successor. Pep would be ideal, but I think City have done too good groundwork on him to not get him.

Nothing new. Alexis is not involved at all which is good in long run.

Just hope Flamini does not go ape **** and do something stupid.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Funny old game.

De Bruyne with a great chance to put City ahead. Arsenal go down the other end and score with their first shot, a wonderful strike from Walcot.

Just the 15 assists for Mesut now. What a man.

Got to hand it to Arsenal. Under pressure (although nothing major) for the majority of the half and score two from shots

This is really good. 15th assist of the season for Özil. Giroud on his 15th means he could score over 30 goals this season.

To put Özil's assist record in perspective, here are the seasonal bests from other conparable players:
Messi - 18
Özil - 17 (currently on 15)
Iniesta - 16
Silva - 15
James Rodriguez - 13

Toure is the most frustrating player.

Oft lazy. Completely at fault for Arsenals first goal through that. Yet he has the ability to score a sublime goal as that.

Terrific win for Arsenal. Cue all the articles about how Wengers team have finally arrived of age and are ready to challenge for the title

All before you lose miserably to Southampton next week and throw it all away :P

In all seriousness though, very good win and good sign that you withstood the barrage at the end. If Wenger can't win the title this season, maybe it's time for him to walk. This is probably going to be his best chance before Pep/Mourinho/Simeone all arrive next season and Klopp starts to find his feet

Plus with other big teams so inconsistent, something tells me this is Arsenals year

In all seriousness though, very good win and good sign that you withstood the barrage at the end. If Wenger can't win the title this season, maybe it's time for him to walk. This is probably going to be his best chance before Pep/Mourinho/Simeone all arrive next season and Klopp starts to find his feet

Plus with other big teams so inconsistent, something tells me this is Arsenals year

Maybe should look even if he does win.

Back