The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Good player but definitively not deserving of third highest salary in Arsenal.

So I think top 4 has gone now, would be amazed if we snuck in. The question now is what happens with wenger? I think he will/want to stay but I can not understand how he will be able to keep it. Top 4 is the bare minimum and we really need to stop rewarding failure.

So I think top 4 has gone now, would be amazed if we snuck in. The question now is what happens with wenger? I think he will/want to stay but I can not understand how he will be able to keep it. Top 4 is the bare minimum and we really need to stop rewarding failure.

Yeah most likely. City would need to lose at least one and lose heavily to affect their GD and Liverpool would also need to either lose or draw and even then we would still need to win both of our games.

Read somewhere that club and Wenger have agreed on a one year extension. Personally I'd wish he would move on and allow club to bring in someone new.

Yeah most likely. City would need to lose at least one and lose heavily to affect their GD and Liverpool would also need to either lose or draw and even then we would still need to win both of our games.

Read somewhere that club and Wenger have agreed on a one year extension. Personally I'd wish he would move on and allow club to bring in someone new.

Agreed, I'd be happy with allgeri. If Juve win the champions league he might fancy a new challenge.

Agreed, I'd be happy with allgeri. If Juve win the champions league he might fancy a new challenge.

Yeah Allegri would be great as would either of Jardim or Tuchel also. Read something that Tuchel might be off from Dortmund this summer as they've been talking to managerial targets.

Yeah Allegri would be great as would either of Jardim or Tuchel also. Read something that Tuchel might be off from Dortmund this summer as they've been talking to managerial targets.
Think Jardim will stay another season with Monaco see if they can build on this season. Also Ballbags was saying Tuchel is a candidate for Atletico.

There's been a 2-year contract on the table for the past three weeks now hasn't there by all accounts?

Yeah, the only concern left the PL is who out fo City and L'pool finish third. Now we have our swagger back, Middlesbrough is a formality that was a scary prospect before yesterday.

There's been a 2-year contract on the table for the past three weeks now hasn't there by all accounts?

Yeah, the only concern left the PL is who out fo City and L'pool finish third. Now we have our swagger back, Middlesbrough is a formality that was a scary prospect before yesterday.

I believe he was supposed to give an answer at the beginning of April,but he didn't. I saw rumours on another site that him and gazidis have had a falling out over the footballing director position. Apparently gazidis was looking for a change which is clearly needed. I honestly just think wenger thinks he can do what he wants and due to the lack of bottle at board level we've left ourselves in a bit of **** situation where we probably have to stick with him for another year.

I believe he was supposed to give an answer at the beginning of April,but he didn't. I saw rumours on another site that him and gazidis have had a falling out over the footballing director position. Apparently gazidis was looking for a change which is clearly needed. I honestly just think wenger thinks he can do what he wants and due to the lack of bottle at board level we've left ourselves in a bit of **** situation where we probably have to stick with him for another year.

Yeah pretty much. Wenger's contract is up end of this month so I'd expect there will be an announcement after F.A Cup final.

Lot of rumours going on that Wenger is already working on transfers which would indicate that he will sign extension, but most recently there has been talk of only 1 year and not 2 year extension.

Yeah pretty much. Wenger's contract is up end of this month so I'd expect there will be an announcement after F.A Cup final.

Lot of rumours going on that Wenger is already working on transfers which would indicate that he will sign extension, but most recently there has been talk of only 1 year and not 2 year extension.

The problem is all this negativity isn't going to go away, it's going to be follow us in to next season and we will be having the same conversation next year. If he does want to stay he needs to get Sanchez to stay and pull off some big signings.

The problem is all this negativity isn't going to go away, it's going to be follow us in to next season and we will be having the same conversation next year. If he does want to stay he needs to get Sanchez to stay and pull off some big signings.
If he stays and you don't get CL can see Sanchez going and Ozil staying.

If he stays and you don't get CL can see Sanchez going and Ozil staying.

Depends on if he has a replacement lined up then he might allow Sanchez to go, but if there is no one coming in I can see Arsenal keeping him. In current market £50mil or so club would get for Sanchez is nothing and better to keep him one year to get club back in CL or maybe even a title push now that there's no CL to occupy time with.

Depends on if he has a replacement lined up then he might allow Sanchez to go, but if there is no one coming in I can see Arsenal keeping him. In current market £50mil or so club would get for Sanchez is nothing and better to keep him one year to get club back in CL or maybe even a title push now that there's no CL to occupy time with.
I would love him to stay love watching him in the Prem. But really can't see it and can't see Arsenals money men not cashing in on him.

I would love him to stay love watching him in the Prem. But really can't see it and can't see Arsenals money men not cashing in on him.

Yeah the money men might prove out to be the problem. Though club has more than 200 mil stashed away and increases in sponsorship income especially along with the new TV deal means club isn't reliant on CL money at all.

The day has come... hopefully this will be the catalyst for the restructure of the club, from the top to bottom.
If they don' t get it now, later it's gonna be too late.
Interesting times coming our way.
I'll always be an ARSENAL FAN, no matter it's CL or EL.

Back