The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I don't think Arsenal have really regressed that much from their norm. They've had spells like this most every season the past decade. Just they've never been punished and have gotten away with sneaking into the top 4.

Now, there's 4 or 5 other teams that are punishing their dip.

Stones hasn't been anywhere close to as bad as people have been making out. He's made some high profile mistakes but he's also in an absolutely garbage defence atm, with a keeper that inspires as much confidence in goal as your gran might. If he hadn't gone for big money, I think the perception of him would be very different, especially as he's actually had a number of very good games.

Just described Pogba there too haha

It looked like it. Chaka has gone backwards so much it's unbelievable! Perez never plays, what a waste that was as he's been good on the very rare times he has. Mustafi experinced international is rivalling Stones for worst CB of the season. There in free fall and it's gonna take huge sorting out. Wenger will still get his 2 year contract. And Arsenal fan TV will still be going :)

Our defence was fine at the start of the season. Since January, Arsenal's SOTR has been bottom half in the league. Tony Pulis had his record number of shots on target vs Arsenal for example. Blaming individual defenders is lazy. Centre backs don't matter too much I'm football. Stones probably has been the best centre back signing this season. He just needs to cut out the errors.

Stones hasn't been anywhere close to as bad as people have been making out. He's made some high profile mistakes but he's also in an absolutely garbage defence atm, with a keeper that inspires as much confidence in goal as your gran might. If he hadn't gone for big money, I think the perception of him would be very different, especially as he's actually had a number of very good games.

Most of them aren't good enough to be trying to force a change in manager. If Arsenal did get someone like Tuchel coming in, how many do you think would genuinely survive the axe? Ox, Xhaka, probably Ozil, Perrera (bafflingly), Mustafi, Kosc (who is 31 now), maybe Walcott?

Bellerín, Mustafi, Holding, Xhaka, Elneny and Chamberlain are the only ones I'd defo keep. Same with the rest of the top 6. No elite teams in England. I genuinely don't care how many will lose. What will it take for him to get the sack?

Our defence was fine at the start of the season. Since January, Arsenal's SOTR has been bottom half in the league. Tony Pulis had his record number of shots on target vs Arsenal for example. Blaming individual defenders is lazy. Centre backs don't matter too much I'm football. Stones probably has been the best centre back signing this season. He just needs to cut out the errors.
Bailly has been better than Stones imo.

Maybe some serious push from fans? Empty seats or something else.
Droping out from EL place also, but this seems unlikely.

Top 7's not changing la. West Brom are too far back and have more or less sacked the season off now they're set in 8th.

Yeah, but surprise still to see them at 8th place. He has changed their side this season, if he could get some backing from the board, Pullis could be harder opponent next season.
Problem is WBA will never attract the players good enough to kick them on. And even if they could it's relative as the clubs above them will simply blow them out of the water transfer/wages wise.

..... if he could get some backing from the board, Pullis could be harder opponent next season.

Albion's spent over £60 million the past two years. Breaking the club record transfer fee the process twice for Rondón and then Chadli. With another 8 figure sum on Livermore.

That's a heck of an outlay for them.

Jammy so and so's.

That was going nowhere until that massive deflection off Huth. Sanchez is an absolute disgrace.

Is anyone else here on the season ticket waiting list? I checked today to see where I was and i'm currently 79,173 in line lol, next to this number it has a "live" date of 06/01/2054. Does anyone know if this is the date they predict that i can get a season ticket? Because if so, i'm ******.

Is anyone else here on the season ticket waiting list? I checked today to see where I was and i'm currently 79,173 in line lol, next to this number it has a "live" date of 06/01/2054. Does anyone know if this is the date they predict that i can get a season ticket? Because if so, i'm ******.

If Wenger sticks around next season you could make a big jump up that list, might be able to pick one up in 2045 instead :P

Hahahaha.

C-rP1FgXYAATkiv.jpg:large

Didn't realise Jenkinson still playing for you lot. Playing against our u23s atm. Even looks wank at this level!

Just a couple of points regarding Mr Wenger and a few recent comments he's made this week. Firstly on my side Chelsea, stating "Chelsea win with low possession" and that and i quote "I think sport has to encourage initiative, if it rewards teams who do not then we have to rethink the whole process because people will no always want to come and see teams who do not take the initiative". He goes on "I am convinced you still need the ball to create goal chances".

This is why i A) Despise the man so much and B) hope to got he stays at Arsenal for decades to come! Its that "my way is the only way" to play the game attitude which i detest so much and not just with him but with the likes of Klopp and Wenger too. They consistently call the way they play "football" insinuating its the only way the game should be played and its embarrassing and tedious. He states keeping the ball is the way to create goal's yet Chelsea have scored 6 goals from counter attacks this season, 5 sides have had more average possession than Chelsea this season yet they are all below us.

And then he makes a what journalists felt was a hilarious dig on him working with a technical director! This is again more proof of how much of a dinosaur he is. In this day and age modern day football you need help, top to bottom! If he let someone do that sort of work maybe it would give him more time on the training pitch to sort out his teams continuous flaws!!!

The way he answered that question to the media today did however tell me one thing, the mans staying at Arsenal and ****** **** i'm celebrating that as much as i'm celebrating my ultra defensive side winning yet again another league title Mr Wenger.

Back