The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Guessing Southampton didn't sit with all XI back all game then like they did Sunday for the third time out of four this year against L'pool then? (And they weren't much more adventurous the other game.).

Not to excuse our clueless shower, but it's not hard to see why Saints fans want Puel gone already. No need for such negativity so often. He's turned a free-flowing, attacking side in a turgid watch 9 times out of 10.

Guessing Southampton didn't sit with all XI back all game then like they did Sunday for the third time out of four this year against L'pool then? (And they weren't much more adventurous the other game.).

Not to excuse our clueless shower, but it's not hard to see why Saints fans want Puel gone already. No need for such negativity so often. He's turned a free-flowing, attacking side in a turgid watch 9 times out of 10.

They were great against Chelsea in the first half 2-3 (?) weeks back. I was actually worried that they might scrape a win.

They were great against Chelsea in the first half 2-3 (?) weeks back. I was actually worried that they might scrape a win.

Thats Southampton fans mine gripe with him. When he takes the reigns off, they can play some great stuff and really trouble anyone.

But too many times he's apparently gone the other way. Mad that he should be facing fan pressure after a League Cup final and possible top 10 finish but they just want to be entertained in Southamptons traditional style.

I only watched the first half as I had to go out, but they did sit back and try to counter. It was an incredibly dull first half with us passing the ball about just past the half way line.

Will be interesting last games for Arsenal, City and Liverpool to see who ends up in top 4 and who misses out. This weekend will be crucial as all sides play against tricky sides with added difficulty for Arsenal and Liverpool who are away.

The most crucial one is Stoke vs Arsenal as if Arsenal fail to win both City and Liverpool can be quite secure in their CL qualification and only question is that which one can beat the other for 3rd place and avoid the qualification round.

Will be interesting last games for Arsenal, City and Liverpool to see who ends up in top 4 and who misses out. This weekend will be crucial as all sides play against tricky sides with added difficulty for Arsenal and Liverpool who are away.

The most crucial one is Stoke vs Arsenal as if Arsenal fail to win both City and Liverpool can be quite secure in their CL qualification and only question is that which one can beat the other for 3rd place and avoid the qualification round.

From L'pool's POV I'm more worried about the final game at home to Middlesbrough TBH. Could really have done with them not being relegated. That weights been lifted and they'll probably be carefree now ala Sunderland at Hull last Sat'day wanting to go out the PL with something. Given we've ground out three straight away at Stoke, WBA and Watford, something this side supposedly can't do, I'm not that concerned about Sunday. It's the frustrating schizophrenic nature of them between aways and homes right now that's taking this to the wire when it should never have been.

This legit made me laugh out loud.

Eqa2bBe.jpg

Really important win today to keep the pressure on Liverpool. Really good showing from players and Özil goal from Sanchez assist was a real cherry on top of the performance today.

Have to say Rob(erto) Holdin(g)i has been really amazing. Boss performance again today and showed bit of hardness that has been lacking in the Arsenal players for some time. That £2.5 million to Bolton was pocket change if he keeps playing like that.

means nothing if utd win the europa

Why? It's not like couple years ago when Chelsea won the CL and because of that Spurs were left out of CL even when they finished 4th. Now if Utd actually go on to win the EL there will be 5 teams from Prem in CL.

Widely reported that Kolasinac has signed a 5-year deal with Arsenal.

Really good signing.

Widely reported that Kolasinac has signed a 5-year deal with Arsenal.

Really good signing.
Old news Di Marzio reported that about 3 weeks ago and Bild and Kicker ;) be a slight upgrade on Moreal. But hes inconsistent as ****. Good player on his day though. Not bad for a free!

Old news Di Marzio reported that about 3 weeks ago and Bild and Kicker ;) be a slight upgrade on Moreal. But hes inconsistent as ****. Good player on his day though. Not bad for a free!

Yeah I noticed it back then, but now it's getting wider confirmation.

Monreal has been poor this season when playing as a LB, but now as a LWB or as a left-sided CB he's been much better. I think Kolasinac was voted best LB in Bundesliga this season so yeah good addition to the squad. Gibbs is as good as gone.

Yeah I noticed it back then, but now it's getting wider confirmation.

Monreal has been poor this season when playing as a LB, but now as a LWB or as a left-sided CB he's been much better. I think Kolasinac was voted best LB in Bundesliga this season so yeah good addition to the squad. Gibbs is as good as gone.
Yeah agree about Gibbs! Looked promising but never took the next step. Having Both Monreal and Kol will give you good options.

Back